Fabio Quagliarella (24 Viewers)

Would you keep Quagliarella?

• Yes

• No

• Maybe

Results are only viewable after voting.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
We didn't hold on to him instead of Matri. We simply received better offers for the latter because he's the better player and no one wanted Quag in their squad.
The better player who is now at Fiorentina, on loan from the team who paid 12m for him? You need to come to terms with the fact that even then, the only team willing to pay that money for Matri was his home team and mentor/ex coach Allegri. Just like Napoli paid 18m for Quag. Face it. All this while, you troll and want to sell him coz you dislike him, and that's aggravated by the fact that despite all the limitations you attribute to his game, he's risen up to the occasion with every opportunity.

I don't mean to make this a Matri-Quag debate coz I myself felt bad when Matri was sold, but you need to get over that and have a legit reason to sell a player like Quag mid season, for an amount that will offer nothing close to a suitable replacement mid season, when we're gunning for three titles. Your dislike and unwillingness to accept his contribution to the team apart, there's nothing new you're bringing to the thread.

- - - Updated - - -

I didn't check other sources. I saw this Quagliarella ha deciso: no alla Lazio.

What you said sounds like 'my news are reliable unlike yours'. In fact, both of us have no clue if any of that is true. But one fact stays the same - that price is ridiculously high and it would be a robbery if we could pull it off.
Agreed, but yet, you pasted your piece of news and called him the new Iaquinta pretty decisively, when theyve been two completely different career paths at Juve. Iaquinta was injured once he lost form and continued to stick at Juve. Quag if you remember, post his career threatening injury has barely been injured and besides had even agreed a move to Lazio last mercato, but we pulled the plug on that deal. I just don't see the similarity between the two. And even if it were true that Quag wanted to stay against the wishes of the club, then he has earned the right to, coz he's pretty much our most dependable sub.

Quag is a decent backup (only because we have Tevez, Llorente, Mirko ahead of him, so like a 4th or eventually 5th choice) but 8mln for him is just funny. He's 31yo and if we're ever planning to get cash out of him it's now (if it's not too late). He's not worth it and it's a mistake not selling him if rumors are true.
Assuming we sell him for 6m, as you value him. What would you choose to do with that money in January if you did at all? Coz I don't see Vucinic and Gio scoring too many if god forbid something happens to the starting pair.

I don't like him as a player. Nothing against him personally, i don't like him being the most selfish player on the planet, Shooting from impossible angles. Which 90% ends in something bad.

Besides he is 31 in a week or two. When do you expect to cash in on him?
When we can reinvest that money suitably and find a replacement who can settle in without having to hit the ground running mid season. Disliking him as a player cannot be reason to sell him mid season. If he's not performing when called upon, then feel free to bring it up.

- - - Updated - - -

I know you'd like to think that we "held onto Quag instead of Matri" based purely on sporting decisions, but the fact is that two factors were more important: 1) a great offer came in for Matri, 12 million euros, and 2) it came from a club Matri wanted to play for, the club where he came through the ranks. The deal was therefore easy to complete.

As for Quagliarella: Juventus have been trying to offload him for quite awhile now. We attempted to sell him to Norwich and Southampton among others, but he simply refuses to leave. And now he's gonna turn down Lazio.

He's not really wanted by the club, and that's a fact.
Fact like Marrotta saying he wants to keep Quag? Fact like Quag's agent saying that the player had agreed terms with Lazio last mercato, but Juve pulled the plug at the last minute, and Conte vetoed the sale?

You can choose to argue that Quag is not here because of sporting decisions, but in the same measure, I could also argue that he's a better, more complete player than Matri from a sporting perspective. Like I said and you iterated, the only reason, we got that money for Matri , is because it was Milan, who put a premium on his roots at the youth academy, and Allegri, his ex coach from Cagliari. Look at how that ended up for them.

Also, I think you'd find a reasonable conclusion when you say that Juve have been trying to offload him to every club on the planet, and yet he saw game time in some of the most critical matches in our season. Being Conte's preferred choice of sub in the early part of the season too. That's not how you treat a player when you're trying to get rid of him every opportunity you get. You normally bench him, and force him out the ranks. The player himself, in a world cup year, would be more than happy to be in contention for a WC berth. So make no mistake, if there is an opportunity he will take it, coz he's good enough to go to Brazil come June.

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006
I doubt we'll sell both him and Mirko, his value might not be more than 6mln but to us he is worth more, at least until summer when we could get someone to replace him.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
And Baggio is spot on that we need to have quags here forcefully. Soon we will be tackling europa league, Coppa and serie A. Injuries and off form will happen. He will get interesting minutes till the end of the season, im sure of it.

And i believe much more in quags than anyone else when looking at our bench... because of all our forwards... him and Tevez are the only ones who have that instinct of "I have to score no matter what"..... and in some situations, those kind of forwards are the best choice.

He has the skills and the attitude to score. Thats all u need really.

I dont mind having quags at all.

- - - Updated - - -

I doubt we'll sell both him and Mirko, his value might not be more than 6mln but to us he is worth more, at least until summer when we could get someone to replace him.

This. Even when gtting 8 mils for him..we will be losers anyways. NOW is not the time to sell him. At the end of the season, yeah we can look at our options... but now it would be dumb.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I think Juve's inclination (or lack thereof) to sell a forward this month may well give you some indication of how interested they are in the EL.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
And Baggio is spot on that we need to have quags here forcefully. Soon we will be tackling europa league, Coppa and serie A. Injuries and off form will happen. He will get interesting minutes till the end of the season, im sure of it.

And i believe much more in quags than anyone else when looking at our bench... because of all our forwards... him and Tevez are the only ones who have that instinct of "I have to score no matter what"..... and in some situations, those kind of forwards are the best choice.

He has the skills and the attitude to score. Thats all u need really.

I dont mind having quags at all.

- - - Updated - - -

This. Even when gtting 8 mils for him..we will be losers anyways. NOW is not the time to sell him. At the end of the season, yeah we can look at our options... but now it would be dumb.
according to some we should've kept matrina and would've been better of with him and quag sold instead because matrina is 'better looking'

Rabbit

Secure The Bag
Jun 8, 2010
I know you'd like to think that we "held onto Quag instead of Matri" based purely on sporting decisions, but the fact is that two factors were more important: 1) a great offer came in for Matri, 12 million euros, and 2) it came from a club Matri wanted to play for, the club where he came through the ranks. The deal was therefore easy to complete.

As for Quagliarella: Juventus have been trying to offload him for quite awhile now. We attempted to sell him to Norwich and Southampton among others, but he simply refuses to leave. And now he's gonna turn down Lazio.

He's not really wanted by the club, and that's a fact.
to be exact, my tombstone should read he put Compton on the map

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 18)