Fabio Quagliarella - FW - Napoli (28 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
The way I look at this was Diego just wasn't blowing up the league like he did in Germany. Right now our focus is to dominate the league to get top 3. For that we need players that know the league and consistently perform in it. Such as Di Natale, Quag, etc. Diego had some magic moments, a couple of nice assists and a couple goals, thats about it. We need more than that right now and I think the BoD is looking for league proven players that consistently perform.

Aside from the preferred formation, we need someone that fits it better and has already performed well in that formation. It wasn't really far to Diego to be used in a formation that doesn't fit his abilities and I am sure he agreed to move on as a result where he could shine again.
Thank you. Our board is clearly looking at players to help us get back into CL and increase our appeal. Then we will see who we can buy. I would have loved Di Natale here. He would rape Serie A again and do well in the friggin EL. Then he'd fuck off somewhere in a year. Perfect.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Thank you. Our board is clearly looking at players to help us get back into CL and increase our appeal. Then we will see who we can buy. I would have loved Di Natale here. He would rape Serie A again and do well in the friggin EL. Then he'd fuck off somewhere in a year. Perfect.
Once we get back into CL and then we can spend more than we did this summer. By next season Bonucci/Motta/maybe Lanzafame/Krasic/Aquilani will have gelled into a very nice young team with potential. We will hopefully have the main pieces in place to fine tune our team next summer with the CL money with real WC players.
so what aquilani? ticket distributor?
Aquilani, when fit, is class. Watch what he does this season.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Dude, we're making the same mistake we did when Zanetti left the club. We'll play terribly and fail so many times because they have NO idea what to do with the ball. I hope you do realize that Aquilani plays 1/3 of matches at most.
It was good to let Zanetti go. He never played here because he was always injured and when he went to a new club the same thing happened...he was always injured.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
Dude, we're making the same mistake we did when Zanetti left the club. We'll play terribly and fail so many times because they have NO idea what to do with the ball. I hope you do realize that Aquilani plays 1/3 of matches at most.
I realize the team is not perfect, but you're too black and white. Del Neri's style of play is based on structures. Yes a playmaker helps, but we can function without it. Like I said in a different thread, we'll see a lot of 1-0 and 1-1's.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
Good player based on what? What is his strength?

Calm? Composed? Good hairstyle? Shot? Name?

He's terrible.
I always admired his shots and work rate. For the right price, he can be good for us. He's not first on my get list though.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I realize the team is not perfect, but you're too black and white. Del Neri's style of play is based on structures. Yes a playmaker helps, but we can function without it. Like I said in a different thread, we'll see a lot of 1-0 and 1-1's.
Exactly...Our team will have just as much flow to it. Having Diego is a plus but any smart team can man mark him out of the game because we know how pitiful our attack is with Amauri singled out.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
It was good to let Zanetti go. He never played here because he was always injured and when he went to a new club the same thing happened...he was always injured.
That was not my point. I was talking about somebody who we had that could pass and bring something different in middle.

It's far from perfect.

I don't see anything optimistic about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 27)