vote

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
New signings have surprised me thus far. Apart from Morata (thank god we dodged Dzeko) I thought all the new purchases were going to be duds.

We are not a CL winning team and are further from it than 2 years ago, but seem to be laying the foundations to a different kind of game plan than what we had under Conte/Allegri.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Abdoulaye Dabo is 19
Bryan Reynolds is 19
Nicola Rovella is 19

Not bad. Doubt any will actually make a difference here but its nice to see the drive to push down our age average even more. I know most of these will be for U23 but its nice to see us bringing in a bunch of youngsters. One from France, one form US, one from Italy. Not a bad spread :p

GarfielD

May 21, 2009
Abdoulaye Dabo is 19
Bryan Reynolds is 19
Nicola Rovella is 19

Not bad. Doubt any will actually make a difference here but its nice to see the drive to push down our age average even more. I know most of these will be for U23 but its nice to see us bringing in a bunch of youngsters. One from France, one form US, one from Italy. Not a bad spread :p
I tought this Reybolds dude was solid, couldn't he be a RWB backup right away?

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I tought this Reybolds dude was solid, couldn't he be a RWB backup right away?
EU spot, will have to wait until next season but yeah I think he is being brought in as a backup.

Someone told me per our other discussion: COVID players need a negative test on Friday specifically, to be able to play against Inter.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Huge chunk?
The guy was like 12 million. :)
Pjanic + 12 = Arthur
Pjanic + 22m including bonuses.

It is not as though Pjanic had no value, there is a big opportunity cost of using his proceeds for Arthur. I find it hard to believe we couldn't find someone else to pay even 20m for him and could have gone for a 40m player instead eg Locatelli.

Then we have the wages as Arthur is paid 5.5m per year which was 3 times his Barca salary.

Then we will be amortising his 82m cost over the next 5 years meaning over a 16m a year hit to the accounts and realistically no way to plusvalenza him for at least another 3 years.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011

It is not as though Pjanic had no value, there is a big opportunity cost of using his proceeds for Arthur. I find it hard to believe we couldn't find someone else to pay even 20m for him and could have gone for a 40m player instead eg Locatelli.

Then we have the wages as Arthur is paid 5.5m per year which was 3 times his Barca salary.

Then we will be amortising his 82m cost over the next 5 years meaning over a 16m a year hit to the accounts and realistically no way to plusvalenza him for at least another 3 years.
And that would've left us in FFP problems. We needed thz big plusvalenza that Pjanic brought in to balance the books...

Boksic

May 11, 2005
And that would've left us in FFP problems. We needed thz big plusvalenza that Pjanic brought in to balance the books...
Just kicked the problem down the road though with an even more expensive deal for FFP. We now incur more of a hit for the next 5 years (around 10m a year) plus will likely have a minusvalenza if we sell Arthur. If we don't we are stuck with 5.5m a year for a guy who has been a flop so far.

Did we even need the deal for FFP this year? I'm pretty sure uefa had made it less onerous.

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012

Pjanic said he wouldn't have left if it wasn't Barca so yeah, it was our only chance to cash in on him. Let's not write Arthur off yet. The talent is clearly there, still relatively young with a big experience of playing for Barca and Brazil NT. Lots of players struggle in their first year in Italy.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Pjanic said he wouldn't have left if it wasn't Barca so yeah, it was our only chance to cash in on him. Let's not write Arthur off yet. The talent is clearly there, still relatively young with a big experience of playing for Barca and Brazil NT. Lots of players struggle in their first year in Italy.
I'm sure there are plenty of clubs he'd have gone to. Players say all kinds of nonsense to please their new fans and the old ones.

Not convinced with Arthur, he flopped at Barca and is flopping here. I'm not sure the Brazilian national team is a great benchmark these days and he hasn't shone there either. It is not like we even play a style remotely close to suiting him.

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
:sad:

@kappa96 pjanic cost us ~15m per season. check the latest financial report, arthur will cost us ~14,4m per season in amortization alone, bonuses and wages not included. with all his wages and bonuses, he's well over 20m per season. the difference between the transfer fees doesn't tell half of the story.
Bro we been over this.
If pjanic goes for 60 and arthur comes for 72+10 , it doesn't matter. In the end only the salary component to round the numbers and bonuses matters
In the end it is 60 coming in regardles of years and 72 + 10 going out regardless of time.
The only component that changes is salary and bonuses that were negociated in the contract.
Yeah i know what you say that you have to calculate amortisation and other financial aspect ,but that's just for the books and for FFP.
Incoming and outgoing are still fix sums regardless if they are spread out in more or less years.

I was wrong in stating that it was only pjanic + 12 . I didn't know there were another 10 mil. in bonuses.

Last edited:

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
I'm sure there are plenty of clubs he'd have gone to. Players say all kinds of nonsense to please their new fans and the old ones.

Not convinced with Arthur, he flopped at Barca and is flopping here. I'm not sure the Brazilian national team is a great benchmark these days and he hasn't shone there either. It is not like we even play a style remotely close to suiting him.
I wouldn't say plenty. Only the top top clubs in my opinion. He was well settled in Turin with his family, earning good cash, playing for trophies, already 30yo, why would he move to a random club? And what other top top club with top top money would like a burnt out Pjanic?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 63)