vote

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Furino

Dec 31, 2012
I was thinking to myself for years that people didn't judge Paratici and Marotta fairly. Season after season I read comments hating and making fun of Beppe, while almost everybody loved Paratici when he was in working in the shadows, even missing the part about him rating Jorge Martinez very highly. It was pretty straightforward for the folks as Fabio seemed cool, almost didn't give out interviews and was rated highly in some reports. Meanwhile, as he stepped into the scene as the frontman, it seems he is critised even more then his mentor.

If that's the end of Paratici here, it seems that he wasn't that different from Beppe or Agnelli stoped forgiving mistakes. If he really pressed for Sarri, that sure was a big slip. I am still always hesitating to comment on directors in person, as the ordinary fan in most cases will simply never know who really is most responsible for given decision. Neverthelss, everyone can see that few things went terrible bad.

Whatever Agnelli will put in charge - Paratici, Cherubini or someone else - the goal should be clear and that is rejuvenation. We don't have one of the oldest teams in Europe, we have oldest team in 100 most valued clubs by transfermarkt. And this thing was postponed year after year, so now we are blocked by high wages and no offerrs for our players. Most of you know the huge numbers we pay for players that are playing nowhere near the level that their salaries would indicate. Well, this bunch in many cases have less motivation and energy then Atalanta players that are playing for peanuts. Whatever our plan was on sporting level, with buying for example Higuain, Ronaldo (not judging commercial effects) and Bonucci - it sure didn't work out in Europe.

The worst part of whole situation - we made it so difficult to change things around, that as much even club wants to bounce back, I don't really expect much positive change after this market.

Apr 19, 2007
I was thinking to myself for years that people didn't judge Paratici and Marotta fairly. Season after season I read comments hating and making fun of Beppe, while almost everybody loved Paratici when he was in working in the shadows, even missing the part about him rating Jorge Martinez very highly. It was pretty straightforward for the folks as Fabio seemed cool, almost didn't give out interviews and was rated highly in some reports. Meanwhile, as he stepped into the scene as the frontman, it seems he is critised even more then his mentor.

If that's the end of Paratici here, it seems that he wasn't that different from Beppe or Agnelli stoped forgiving mistakes. If he really pressed for Sarri, that sure was a big slip. I am still always hesitating to comment on directors in person, as the ordinary fan in most cases will simply never know who really is most responsible for given decision. Neverthelss, everyone can see that few things went terrible bad.

Whatever Agnelli will put in charge - Paratici, Cherubini or someone else - the goal should be clear and that is rejuvenation. We don't have one of the oldest teams in Europe, we have oldest team in 100 most valued clubs by transfermarkt. And this thing was postponed year after year, so now we are blocked by high wages and no offerrs for our players. Most of you know the huge numbers we pay for players that are playing nowhere near the level that their salaries would indicate. Well, this bunch in many cases have less motivation and energy then Atalanta players that are playing for peanuts. Whatever our plan was on sporting level, with buying for example Higuain, Ronaldo (not judging commercial effects) and Bonucci - it sure didn't work out in Europe.

The worst part of whole situation - we made it so difficult to change things around, that as much even club wants to bounce back, I don't really expect much positive change after this market.
We are quite an old team but ew have gotten younger over the past few seasons. Our starting 11 isnt terrbly old this upcoming season. and we have replaced a few of the old ones already.
Who is over 30 in our starting 11? Ronaldo,Cuads and Bonucci?
The issue is our deadwood players which needs to be solved

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Paratici and Cherubini both work in the sporting sector so I'm not sure how this is expected to work. With Marotta there was a defined financial-sporting separation in their latter years together, with Marotta still having his knowledge and contacts in the mercato.

All I can see is that it becomes a more shared responsibility rather than everything falling on Paratici's shoulders to make technical choices and only having Nedved as a sounding board.

Ultimately Nedved is learning the ropes, he doesn't have years doing the job like those two do, so he shouldn't be making crucial decisions. This is a big mercato, it reminds me in some ways of the 2011 setting, so the more qualified people the better.

Still, coaches and signings are always a calculated gamble. Most seem somewhere between happy and intrigued with Pirlo's appointment, but if it goes wrong it will be another awful decision and so on, that's just the way it works.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Still, coaches and signings are always a calculated gamble. Most seem somewhere between happy and intrigued with Pirlo's appointment, but if it goes wrong it will be another awful decision and so on, that's just the way it works.
Don't see a point in being pessimistic right now, Pirlo is the coach. Still, it is a strange decision. A gamble that looks financially driven.

Amer

Feb 13, 2005
My uncle has a saying: When your old wheelchair start to go down the hill, there's no way of stopping it.

Our wheelchair started going down when Marotta and Allegri were kicked out of the club. And we're still going down. Fast.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
My uncle has a saying: When your old wheelchair start to go down the hill, there's no way of stopping it.

Our wheelchair started going down when Marotta and Allegri were kicked out of the club. And we're still going down. Fast.
Maybe...let's wait for the market to be over. Still too early to tell what is going to happen. Media just BS on a daily basis. Lots of work to do and the two additions so far are good being kulu and arthur. If lose dybala qnd replacing him with milik occurs then yes by all means we are fucked.

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018

Sorry bro but our wheel chair is going to start to go down when we stop winning Seria A .
Even this year with our bozo coach we could have still done the double.
Let's hope pirlo improves things , because with Max we would have been champions by round 33 and probably won the cup, so ,no the squad is far from done.

Sent from my Mi 9T Pro using Tapatalk

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
When you're on the stock market, to sign papers, you need to be an amministratore delegato. Paratici isn't an AD like Marotta, Agnelli had to sign all the papers. Cherubini might be. That might be part of it.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
can anyone Explain our finances for this summer, and the next few years. Are we able to stay among Europe’s elite after COVID?
Even before Covid we were hanging on for 10th place in terms of annual turnover. So when you say "Europe's elite" do you mean on or off the pitch? Because we have to get so many technical choices right to even stay as a challenging club, if you can call us that in the last two seasons.

Boudz

Mercato Tourist
Aug 1, 2002

My opinion is that Marotta is largely responsible for the mess we are in.

Higuain: We had our hands on 75m euros from the Pogba sale and instead of reinvesting it in players that have a resale value, we committed to spend 169m (94m + 15mx5) on a 28 year old. Any moron could have told you that this was going to end badly for Juve. At best he was going to have 2 solid seasons and then would start to decline. We pissed away the money and now can't make any moves in the market cos of his salary and the payments to Napoli. We had to give Milan a discount on Caldara and took Bonucci back just to convince them to pay Higuain's salary for 6 months.

Vidal: We should have never sold him. I don't care if he crashed his car. Fine him, send him to AA, have him do some community service and move on. He was vital to our squad.

Khedira: In fall of 2018, he was 31 years old on a 12m (6m net) salary. Do you think Khedira had any leverage whatsoever? Do you think another club would have offered him another deal anywhere close to what he was earning? What did Marotta do? He extended him for 3+1 years knowing he had a very bad history with injuries at the same exact salary. Now we are stuck with his salary and can't make any moves because of him.

Replacing MVPP: To this day we are still struggling to find a player like Vidal or Pogba. The list of cheap and mediocre players we signed to replace the once great midfield we had include:
  1. Khedira
  2. Hernanes
  3. Rincon
  4. Lemina
  5. Matuidi
  6. Emre Can

Marotta was extremely lucky that we had such an intelligent manager in Allegri who could turn any player you gave him into what resembled a functional team. Allegri had his own issues after the Cardiff final and was never the same. He took less risks and his football was becoming stale. It was time for a change.

Last edited:

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
My opinion is that Marotta is largely responsible for the mess we are in.

Higuain: We had our hands on 75m euros from the Pogba sale and instead of reinvesting it in players that have a resale value, we committed to spend 150m (90m + 15mx4) on a 28 year old. Any moron could have told you that this was going to end badly for Juve. At best he was going to have 2 solid seasons and then would start to decline. We pissed away the money and now can't make any moves in the market cos of his salary and the payments to Napoli. We had to give Milan a discount on Caldara and Bonucci (don't forget his stock was very high at that time) and take a mediocre De Sciglio from them just to convince them to pay Higuain's salary for 6 months.

Vidal: We should have never sold him. I don't care if he crashed his car. Fine him, send him to AA, have him do some community service and move on. He was vital to our squad.

Khedira: In fall of 2018, he was 31 years old on a 12m (6m net) salary. Do you think Khedira had any leverage whatsoever? Do you think another club would have offered him another deal anywhere close to what he was earning? What did Marotta do? He extended him for 3+1 years knowing he had a very bad history with injuries at the same exact salary. Now we are stuck with his salary and can't make any moves because of him.

Replacing MVPP: To this day we are still struggling to find a player like Vidal or Pogba. The list of cheap and mediocre players we signed to replace the once great midfield we had include:
  1. Khedira
  2. Hernanes
  3. Rincon
  4. Lemina
  5. Matuidi
  6. Emre Can

Marotta was extremely lucky that we had such an intelligent manager in Allegri who could turn any player you gave him into what resembled a functional team. Allegri had his own issues after the Cardiff final and was never the same. He took less risks and his football was becoming stale. It was time for a change.
You make a lot of sense, just a correction. We sold them Bonucci in 2017 and took MdS for 12M (to replace Dani Alves, the guy who was our MVP in the CL knockouts). In 2018, we wanted them to take Higgy, which they couldnt since Bonucci was too expensive (8M net wages and high yearly cost due to 40M(?) transfer fee they paid us a year ago). He was also a flop for them. So we took Bonucci back, making room for Higuain, who they returned 6 months later. And they got Caldara cheap (injuries made it look like a bad move in hindsight). Giving them all those favors and not making sure Higuains loan was with an obligation to buy (2018, unlike now, he still held value, coming off a almost 25 goals season), was stupid as fuck. Almost as bad a deal as paying 90M for him 2 years prior

Boudz

Mercato Tourist
Aug 1, 2002
You make a lot of sense, just a correction. We sold them Bonucci in 2017 and took MdS for 12M (to replace Dani Alves, the guy who was our MVP in the CL knockouts). In 2018, we wanted them to take Higgy, which they couldnt since Bonucci was too expensive (8M net wages and high yearly cost due to 40M(?) transfer fee they paid us a year ago). He was also a flop for them. So we took Bonucci back, making room for Higuain, who they returned 6 months later. And they got Caldara cheap (injuries made it look like a bad move in hindsight). Giving them all those favors and not making sure Higuains loan was with an obligation to buy (2018, unlike now, he still held value, coming off a almost 25 goals season), was stupid as fuck. Almost as bad a deal as paying 90M for him 2 years prior
You are correct. I had the details mixed up in my head. It was such an unnecessary mess that was created because of the money involved with Higuain.

GrandeGigi

Sep 18, 2012
Whilst the purchase of Higuain is a shitshow financially, it did cripple Napoli mentally and ensure they would not be able to continue challenging our domestic dominance.
Whether that may have been a good or bad thing is certainly up for question however.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)