vote

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

rainhard

May 5, 2004
His biggest mistake this season

1. Loaned out Pellegrini, he should just sell MDS instead (or loan with obligation to buy)
2. Loaned out Romero, he should just sell Rugani instead (or loan with obligation to buy)

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
His biggest mistake this season

1. Loaned out Pellegrini, he should just sell MDS instead (or loan with obligation to buy)
2. Loaned out Romero, he should just sell Rugani instead (or loan with obligation to buy)
it seems he is looking to plusvalenza both romero and pellegrini

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
3 keepers

De Ligt
Chiellini
Bonucci
Demiral
Rugani

Cuadrado
De Sciglio
Alex Sandro
Danilo

Pjanic
Bentancur
Khedira
Ramsey
Rabiot
Matuidi

Bernardeschi
Douglas Costa
Dybala
Ronaldo
Higuain

On paper that's a striker light and lacking quality in midfield, at the start of the season. But otherwise it's about right in terms of numbers.

As it stands in terms of fitness:

3 keepers

De Ligt
Chiellini
Bonucci
Demiral
Rugani

Cuadrado
De Sciglio
Alex Sandro
Danilo

Pjanic
Bentancur
Khedira
Ramsey
Rabiot
Matuidi

Bernardeschi
Douglas Costa
Dybala
Ronaldo

Higuain

Bear in mind that we've missed Chiellini, Khedira and Demiral for massive chunks of the season. MDS is also inevitably hardly ever fit. Currently those in orange are either returning from longer-term fitness issues or are carrying injuries that they will juggle until the end of the season, with so few games left.

This leaves us with 12-14 regularly fit outfield players plus the keepers, playing every 3.5 days. Of those fit, four are over-30 and four are 26 or younger.

A coronavirus may not come around get next year, or ever again, but it might. Either way we're carrying too many players either too long in the tooth or too injury prone. Chiellini will be kept along as a talisman, assuming he doesn't break down again, but Khedira, De Sciglio and Higuain have to go and be replaced by younger, quality players. Pjanic has already been replaced. One of DC or Berna will be as well with Kulu coming in. Rugani and Matuidi have question marks against them because of lack of quality.

Two transfers have been completed but you could make a case for another five players needing replacing. In reality it might be more like three more.

Last edited:

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
3 keepers

De Ligt
Chiellini
Bonucci
Demiral
Rugani

Cuadrado
De Sciglio
Alex Sandro
Danilo

Pjanic
Bentancur
Khedira
Ramsey
Rabiot
Matuidi

Bernardeschi
Douglas Costa
Dybala
Ronaldo
Higuain

On paper that's a striker light and lacking quality in midfield, at the start of the season. But otherwise it's about right in terms of numbers.

As it stands in terms of fitness:

3 keepers

De Ligt
Chiellini
Bonucci
Demiral
Rugani

Cuadrado
De Sciglio
Alex Sandro
Danilo

Pjanic
Bentancur
Khedira
Ramsey
Rabiot
Matuidi

Bernardeschi
Douglas Costa
Dybala
Ronaldo

Higuain

Bear in mind that we've missed Chiellini, Khedira and Demiral for massive chunks of the season. MDS is also inevitably hardly ever fit. Currently those in orange are either returning from longer-term fitness issues or are carrying injuries that they will juggle until the end of the season, with so few games left.

This leaves us with 12-14 regularly fit outfield players plus the keepers, playing every 3.5 days. Of those fit, four are over-30 and four are 26 or younger.

A coronavirus may not come around get next year, or ever again, but it might. Either way we're carrying too many players either too long in the tooth or too injury prone. Chiellini will be kept along as a talisman, assuming he doesn't break down again, but Khedira, De Sciglio and Higuain have to go and be replaced by younger, quality players. Pjanic has already been replaced. One of DC or Berna will be as well with Kulu coming in. Rugani and Matuidi have question marks against them because of lack of quality.

Two transfers have been completed but you could make a case for another five players needing replacing. In reality it might be more like three more.
Khedira, Higuain De Sciglio out

Zaniolo, Milik/Zapata/???, Locatelli And Pellegrini in

Zaniolo Bentancur Arthur
Matuidi Rabiot Locatelli/Ramsey

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Jul 13, 2010
Agnelli will remind everyone once again 'how much we've achieved' and 'only 10 years ago we were 7th' and he will bang nothing.

Don't get me wrong, AA loves Juve, we love him, but the lack of balls sometimes...

Sjaban

Dec 29, 2012
The situation we've gotten ourselves into is due to pure neglect, the cycle was ending for several players a few years ago already. Basically, half of the squad has to go/sold and then replaced with younger/better players, and unbelievably difficult task.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
The situation we've gotten ourselves into is due to pure neglect, the cycle was ending for several players a few years ago already. Basically, half of the squad has to go/sold and then replaced with younger/better players, and unbelievably difficult task.
And im 90% sure that Paratici will not suceed at it. is way too hardcore even for a seasoned Sporting director.

Literally we need to sell half the team because all of them are terribad, yet i cant see how we will do it.

And if some of them refuse to leave like last summer... oh god...Paratici will be in deep shit

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
I'm not sure I translated correctly what he meant if anyone finds the video please post

[Sky] Paratici: Goals from midfield don't happen anymore because of Khedira's absence ? No. it's because of the profile of the fullbacks. When you have fullbacks that use too much width, then the midfielders needs to cover for them and they can't surge forward. But it's not my competency, Sarri studies the question.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
I'm not sure I translated correctly what he meant if anyone finds the video please post

[Sky] Paratici: Goals from midfield don't happen anymore because of Khedira's absence ? No. it's because of the profile of the fullbacks. When you have fullbacks that use too much width, then the midfielders needs to cover for them and they can't surge forward. But it's not my competency, Sarri studies the question.
Oh now he is a coach too.

And he talks about the fullbacks as if he didnt had to do with their signings. He will be in for a rough time

He better shut it and focus on his work, otherwise he will be fired soon.

JuelzSantana

Sep 28, 2017
We have the same amount of losses as Atalanta and actually Inter have lost one less game than us. When they improve their teams and turn those draws to wins it will be tough.

Paratici is playing a dangerous game if he 1. doesn´t change the manager or 2. completely overhauls the squad to fit Sarri.

It would be so typical Juventus to win 9 in a row and miss out on 10.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
We have the same amount of losses as Atalanta and actually Inter have lost one less game than us. When they improve their teams and turn those draws to wins it will be tough.

Paratici is playing a dangerous game if he 1. doesn´t change the manager or 2. completely overhauls the squad to fit Sarri.

It would be so typical Juventus to win 9 in a row and miss out on 10.
Thats why he is in a tough situation. It doesnt matterthe coach, the truth s that this team is very unbalanced and there is way too many average players. Paratici must replace a lot fo them now, or like you say, we can risk losing our winning era next season.

Nothing last forever, maybe it is time our cycle ends after this season, as there is way too many holes to fix and i dont see Paratici to be the right man for the job.

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
Thats why he is in a tough situation. It doesnt matterthe coach, the truth s that this team is very unbalanced and there is way too many average players. Paratici must replace a lot fo them now, or like you say, we can risk losing our winning era next season.

Nothing last forever, maybe it is time our cycle ends after this season, as there is way too many holes to fix and i dont see Paratici to be the right man for the job.
We shouldn't try to fix them all at once. That's a classic way to fall into desperation and to make panic buys. I'd rather we focus on decreasing the average age of the squad every year while reinforcing one to two positions at a time. Right we need a CM, a backup or starting LB and RB, a striker and a winger. We can't get them all this window.
We should focus on a right back and CM first and then think about the other positions.
This is the approach Liverpool took to build their current team.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
We shouldn't try to fix them all at once. That's a classic way to fall into desperation and to make panic buys. I'd rather we focus on decreasing the average age of the squad every year while reinforcing one to two positions at a time. Right we need a CM, a backup or starting LB and RB, a striker and a winger. We can't get them all this window.
We should focus on a right back and CM first and then think about the other positions.
This is the approach Liverpool took to build their current team.
The winger position for example, cannot wait any longer for a quality upgrade. It needs to be done this summer, as Berna and Douglas Costa are not good enough and need replacements, becuse well we cant go into the season with 3 attackers (and im not even looking at Higuain to be replaced because the other 2 are way more urgent)

RB and LB are urgent too, since bertween danilo, MDS and Sandro, we cant get enough end product. Its urgent. At the very least we need one exceptional player who can play both wings and cover the MDS Spot.

In the midfield, We need at least 2 new signings to replace matuidi khedira and maybe Ramsey. This is also urgent.

We even need to evaluate what will happen in teh defence, as Rugani and Bonucci are not reliable, Chiellini is past it and Demiral is a question mark right now.

I undertsand your logic, but what we need are not even panic buys, are musts.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 43)