vote

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
Why? His relationship with Raiola is very valuable. What else does he even do? I don’t think he’s making personnel decisions.
Precisely

he does nothing. in the handful of years with management Nedved has only "discovered" one talent that has gone on to sign and feature on the first team --- MDL

Again, by way of Raiola and CR7. Nedved had little or nothing to do with it.

Apparently he was the one pushing for Agnelli to sack Max. And he’s a big proponent of Sarri.
Yep. He's just embarrassing himself now

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
Precisely

he does nothing. in the handful of years with management Nedved has only "discovered" one talent that has gone on to sign and feature on the first team --- MDL

Again, by way of Raiola and CR7. Nedved had little or nothing to do with it.

Yep. He's just embarrassing himself now
Pogba?

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005
Have a lot of work to do, our squad looks old and fragile. Beside Sarri who is one part of the problem, the other one is lack of options and players at our disposal. Also, to make things worse, we are lately linked with mostly garbage and squad rotation options, while we are in desperate need for a at least on more WC midfielder and two fullbacks that can do their job properly.

Another worrying part for me was his interview when he said we signed Arthur because of his age, which sounds like half of the forum here which is never a good sign :D

Sjaban

Dec 29, 2012
Time for a rebuilt, we've come to the end of the cycle for a lot of these players. Need an motivational injection of some young(er) players hungry for success.

Oct 23, 2011
We truly don't need a massive overhaul. The same was said about Real Madrid and see what happened when they re-hired Zidane. They seem reborn and full of hunger (even the experienced players). We just need a coach that can motivate the side and that the players are willing to play for. Sarri is just not that guy. He is the most uncharismatic, unlikable and most one-dimensional character out there. Besides, I'd rather focus on 2/3 world-class acquisitions than having to replace 7/8 players with again players of a level below of what we are truly striving for. No more Ramsey's, Danilo's, Rabiot's, Bernardeschi's, and the list honestly goes on and on. No to players like Milik etc. This just won't cut it at this level. Every single purchase we make needs to be a player that instantly adds something to the team and is an immediate upgrade on what we currently have.

All I am saying is you can't fix an entire roster in one summer and especially if you are restricted with your finances, but a gradual and continuous change is what we need. That's why I have been admiring Bayern's philosophy for so long. They make 1/2 big purchases every summer without really losing any players themselves and as a result have been competitive in Europe for years now.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
We truly don't need a massive overhaul. The same was said about Real Madrid and see what happened when they re-hired Zidane. They seem reborn and full of hunger (even the experienced players). We just need a coach that can motivate the side and that the players are willing to play for. Sarri is just not that guy. He is the most uncharismatic, unlikable and most one-dimensional character out there. Besides, I'd rather focus on 2/3 world-class acquisitions than having to replace 7/8 players with again players of a level below of what we are truly striving for. No more Ramsey's, Danilo's, Rabiot's, Bernardeschi's, and the list honestly goes on and on. No to players like Milik etc. This just won't cut it at this level. Every single purchase we make needs to be a player that instantly adds something to the team and is an immediate upgrade on what we currently have.

All I am saying is you can't fix an entire roster in one summer and especially if you are restricted with your finances, but a gradual and continuous change is what we need. That's why I have been admiring Bayern's philosophy for so long. They make 1/2 big purchases every summer without really losing any players themselves and as a result have been competitive in Europe for years now.
We shouldn't compare Real Madrid post-CL winning squad to ours. What applies to them doesn't to us

Oct 23, 2011
We shouldn't compare Real Madrid post-CL winning squad to ours. What applies to them doesn't to us
I agree with you, but all I am saying is that people complain about a lack of hunger/motivation. But the exact same thing was said about Real Madrid last year but all they needed apparently was a coach that could motivate them again. Real's squad is far superior to ours so it's an easier problem for them to fix. The same way we have a far superior squad to the rest of the teams in Italy but have been outplayed by too many already this season. All I am saying is that I don't think a lack of hunger/motivation is a reason for us to undergo a massive overhaul. Players will regain enthusiasm and hunger when they have a competent coach in front of them who is capable of leading them and installing a clear tactical structure. If after that the team lacks quality, you simply replace those pieces.

Sarri apparently 'has no clue' why in the first half our fullbacks were conservative and pushing so high in the second half. The same way he doesn't have a clue why these 'blackouts' keep reoccurring. It's not a blackout if they have happened multiple times in a season, but rather a structural problem with our tactics after we take a lead, but all he says about it is to "not over-analyze it". For the players, it is infuriating to see an incompetent coach who has no idea why patterns reoccur or who is incapable of guiding a team through a bad spell.

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
I agree. They have double the money as us.

So in the end the question is do we have a better squad than last year?
If the answer is yes, then the problem doesn't lie with him.
If he wanted max out than I understand, but in the end the decision is in AA hands.

Max would have at least 15 points advantage with this team in Seria a this season, by now.

Sent from my Mi 9T Pro using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 60)