vote

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Oct 23, 2011
Glad we used that logic on Pirlo.
Based on this summer, it's strange to mention a highly exceptional case like Pirlo's. We will have the same struggles offloading these 2 players in a few years time as we are having right now. Besides that, the club has undergone a complete transformation since then, and should not be in a position right now to rely on rejects of other top clubs.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Are we seriously after Rakitic? The fuck we waiting for here?
If you believe Tuttosport from this morning, he was first in PSG discussing Dybala (and Neymar swap I guess {100m + Dybala}) and then went to Barcelona to discuss Rugani/Suarez/Rakitic and someone else I think...basically, Paratici doing to hokey pokey on the market in the final stretch

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
Rakitic is 31 years old, so he'll only be good for a season or two. Better than Can of course, but he won't have any resale value, and his wage will complicate his sale.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Rakitic is 31 years old, so he'll only be good for a season or two. Better than Can of course, but he won't have any resale value, and his wage will complicate his sale.
Our window to win the CL with Ronaldo is 2 years at this point. If these rumors are to be believed, then we are putting all of our chips on the table to make sure that happens. Let them worry about the future later

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
Our window to win the CL with Ronaldo is 2 years at this point. If these rumors are to be believed, then we are putting all of our chips on the table to make sure that happens. Let them worry about the future later
So we're pulling an Inter and sacrifice long term welfare of the club to win a CL with Ronaldo? Don't get me wrong I won't shed a tear if Can leaves but why not go after a mid that could be of use for more than 2 years?

- - - Updated - - -

He seems to have a swap fetish. Swapped Spinazzola with Pellegrini, Cancelo with Danilo, Tried to swap Dybala with Lukaku, and now wants to swap Dybala with Neymar and Can with Rakitic. Swapping any of our deadwood with cash is not his strong suit.

Last edited:

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
So we're pulling an Inter and sacrifice long term welfare of the club to win a CL with Ronaldo? Don't get me wrong I won't shed a tear if Can leaves but why not go after a mid that could be of use for more than 2 years?

- - - Updated - - -

He seems to have a swap fetish. Swapped Spinazzola with Pellegrini, Cancelo with Danilo, Tried to swap Dybala with Lukaku, and now wants to swap Dybala with Neymar and Can with Rakitic. Swapping any of our deadwood with cash is not his strong suit.
I think the difference will be that if we do achieve that goal of winning the CL during this window, the shape of the club will change dramatically. I don't see them doing a Milan or Inter. they have already started with Rabiot, De Ligt, Demiral, and Pellegrini. You will see some wholesale changes.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
wouldnt we need to sell at least five players before signing rakitic? maybe we should focus on that first...

otherwise i am all for signing rakitic but less so for suarez. suarez needs pace and explosiveness, things that decrease with age while rakitic will likely age better

rainhard

May 5, 2004
All of the swap probably because the new tax law. If he can found a clone for each of our player elsewhere he will absolutely swap all of our players in order to get lower taxes

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
All of the swap probably because the new tax law. If he can found a clone for each of our player elsewhere he will absolutely swap all of our players in order to get lower taxes
Danilo is hardly a Cancelo clone, and Pellegrini and Spinazzola swap was surely because of plusvalenza

Juve92

Jan 18, 2016
wouldnt we need to sell at least five players before signing rakitic? maybe we should focus on that first...

otherwise i am all for signing rakitic but less so for suarez. suarez needs pace and explosiveness, things that decrease with age while rakitic will likely age better
Rakitic is not good enough anymore, maybe a few years ago. He is like Khedira now. Try to watch Barca sometimes, not youtube ofc.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Exactly. We must think about ronaldo now. Rakitic is for sure better than Can so he can give us easily 2 years of good service.

Heck, we are giving extensions to has beens who are 33 yrs old and above.... Why on earth we cannot try rakitic?

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
barcelona actually want Can? And then there is the Rugani rumors, which can only mean one thing. Not even scouts watch Serie A games
i kind of doubt it, Can has looked real slow in possession since he has been here.

maybe the plan is to convert him into a CB? more likely this is just more bs to add to the pile

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 58)