vote

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Paratici: "Khedira is a great player, He will stay with us & the same goes for Matuidi." [Gazzetta]
Ridiculous. Yeah, I get it, he cant say to journalists what he really thinks. But saying nothing at all would have been better in this case. Lousy job at selling so far. Reducing wage bill by selling/releasing older players should have been priority. I hope this team delivers big time or we might be set back for several seasons.

Buy on AliExpress.com

DS8_Montero

Aug 10, 2018
Don't we overreact around here? A little bit too much for my liking tbh.
I would agree with that if Sarri didn't bring this issue up while talking to the press. Of course, he's a man who often says publicly things that shouldn't be said, nothing extraordinaire happened in this case, but it still doesn't mean that what concerns him is just a little problem (in this case he wouldn't have used strong negative words like "embarrassing situation" and "I am in a difficult position").

Does Sarri overreact then? Maybe, that's also something he's known for (kicking hats and stuff). But he's a part of the club now, and the important one. If the management decided to give him such a high position, they accepted that this man's point of view is important and relevant, thus the problem his was talking about must be considered as significant as he talked about it.

It's either this (the management are failing at doing properly and timely their job on the transfer market), or the management failed when they hired the man whose understanding of club's affairs is so embarrassingly incorrect. I don't even know which option is worse.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Ridiculous. Yeah, I get it, he cant say to journalists what he really thinks. But saying nothing at all would have been better in this case. Lousy job at selling so far. Reducing wage bill by selling/releasing older players should have been priority. I hope this team delivers big time or we might be set back for several seasons.
You could argue that would have more to do with the decision(s) we made last summer.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Now Paratici says, no problem if they stay, we always have had a big squad...
Ok then!
The one thing i like about him though, is that he is not building an ItalJuve

rainhard

May 5, 2004
We invested so much money and various resources in Primavera and other youth teams since this guy and Marotta came in and now we have only Pinsoglio as HG. Hahaha.

The 10 year work for nothing.

They could have done better just by looking at some Youtube videos of talented kids, lul.
The 10 year work is something, we can acquire CR7 the GOAT thanks to that work
We sold the youngster to get the money and some of the money using to facilitate the transfer and pay for his salary
Yes

Some players come and go, some does not even get a chance to play with us but still generate profit for us.

Albin Ekdal, Ciro Immobile, Gabbiadini,Zaza, Berardi, Sturaro, Perreryra, Coman, Mandragora, Lemina, Pogba (free) then sold for 100++m
Caldara, Cassatta, Filippo Romagna, Mattielo, Lirola, Alberto Cerri, Emil Audero, Magnani, Favilli, Orsolini, Spinazzola, Kean and Cancelo

On the bottomline, the most improtant thing is we get profit in our investment. That is the "winning" point that matters from management perspective

So for failure investment, as long is that is calculated when we bought the player then we will go through with that
That is why we dont give away Higuain, Mandzu, Khedira, Matuidi just for free to get rid of their big fat salary

If we can sell players like Perin, Can, Rugani or even Dybala and the club can get the most profit out of that, Paratici will execute that
And that money will be used for another cycle of plusvalenza in the future

DS8_Montero

Aug 10, 2018
Putting all plusvalenza jokes aside, it's great that Juventus fans can understand the financial part of the situation and take it into account. Should they though?

Juventus is a football club, and people root for them because of football. Football means winning on the pitch (in a perfect world - winning all possible games and trophies), having great players (in a perfect world - having all the best players), showing great performances (in a perfect world - the football is great both tactically and visually).

Money isn't an equal part in this equation. Yes, it plays its role, but it's only a secondary background and cannot be used as an excuse if the goals mentioned above aren't reached, especially when you declare that you already have a squad that is hard to improve and consider the biggest trophy in the world your real objective.

If you look at the football clubs that are the most successful clubs in terms of international football in Europe, they aren't built the way the Juventus management try to build their own club. Most of them are deeply in debt, loaning money from banks to fund current transfers, signing expensive stars that as a result allow them to sign big contracts with the club's sponsors, etc., which gives them a huge advantage over financially more restricted clubs.

FFP started regulating the market recently, but many big clubs couldn't care less about it - they are even OK with being banned from the transfer market and facing other UEFA sanctions if what they do allows them to be the best in football (or, at least, to seriously try to be the best).

I'm not saying that Juventus has to use the same means those clubs are using to get on top. It's up to the Juventus management to decide, but personally I'm completely against the use of any unfair practices and disapprove of them. What I'm saying is that if what they do is less effective in terms of football, then they cannot use it as an excuse, because football is about football, it's not about money.

If they really want to compete with the biggest guys for the biggest trophies, they must apply the strategy that can allow them to do that. The strategy that requires that you sell half of your squad each summer because of plusvalenza is not one of them, as we've already seen.

Financial health on its own is not a guarantee for success in football. Look at Man Utd. They are one of the most financially powerful clubs in the world, definitely in the TOP 3 and much bigger than Juventus. But in terms of football they are not even in TOP 30. So, what's the point if at the end of the day it's all about football anyway?

Do you think that the current Juventus development strategy where the plusvalenza is a king (a queen?) can lead them to the top of Europe? I'm not talking about some half-accidental success that cannot be reproduced, I'm talking about becoming a real European superpower like Barcelona and Madrid.

I believe, that's what most Juventus fans are expecting at this point as the next destination for this club. And all the frustration is coming from the realization that it's not what's about to happen in the foreseeable future. Some might call such fans "spoiled", but I don't think that it's completely fair, because what else could they want? "Let's stay at this stage for many years"? I don't think so.

The strategy the club has been using allowed them to get to the point they are at now, and that is great, considering where they started. But it's already been several years of stagnation and decline with this strategy, and there's no signs that things will change and these changes will be positive.

Last edited:

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
Putting all plusvalenza jokes aside, it's great that Juventus fans can understand the financial part of the situation and take it into account. Should they though?

Juventus is a football club, and people root for them because of football. Football means winning on the pitch (in a perfect world - winning all possible games and trophies), having great players (in a perfect world - having all the best players), showing great performances (in a perfect world - the football is great both tactically and visually).

Money isn't an equal part in this equation. Yes, it plays its role, but it's only a secondary background and cannot be used as an excuse if the goals mentioned above aren't reached, especially when you declare that you already have a squad that is hard to improve and consider the biggest trophy in the world your real objective.

If you look at the football clubs that are the most successful clubs in terms of international football in Europe, they aren't built the way the Juventus management try to build their own club. Most of them are deeply in debt, loaning money from banks to fund current transfers, signing expensive stars that as a result allow them to sign big contracts with the club's sponsors, etc., which gives them a huge advantage over financially more restricted clubs.

FFP started regulating the market recently, but many big clubs couldn't care less about it - they are even OK with being banned from the transfer market and facing other UEFA sanctions if what they do allows them to be the best in football (or, at least, to seriously try to be the best).

I'm not saying that Juventus has to use the same means those clubs are using to get on top. It's up to the Juventus management to decide, but personally I'm completely against the use of any unfair practices and disapprove of them. What I'm saying is that if what they do is less effective in terms of football, then they cannot use it as an excuse, because football is about football, it's not about money.

If they really want to compete with the biggest guys for the biggest trophies, they must apply the strategy that can allow them to do that. The strategy that requires that you sell half of your squad each summer because of plusvalenza is not one of them, as we've already seen.

Financial health on its own is not a guarantee for success in football. Look at Man Utd. They are one of the most financially powerful clubs in the world, definitely in the TOP 3 and much bigger than Juventus. But in terms of football they are not even in TOP 30. So, what's the point if at the end of the day it's all about football anyway?

Do you think that the current Juventus development strategy where the plusvalenza is a king (a queen?) can lead them to the top of Europe? I'm not talking about some half-accidental success that cannot be reproduced, I'm talking about becoming a real European superpower like Barcelona and Madrid.

I believe, that's what most Juventus fans are expecting at this point as the next destination for this club. And all the frustration is coming from the realization that it's not what's about to happen in the foreseeable future. Some might call such fans "spoiled", but I don't think that it's completely fair, because what else could they want? "Let's stay at this stage for many years"? I don't think so.

The strategy the club has been using allowed them to get to the point they are at now, and that is great, considering where they started. But it's already been several years of stagnation and decline with this strategy, and there's no signs that things will change and these changes will be positive.
Unfortunately I don't see us moving from this model anytime soon. We don't have the revenue to do that so management is trying to maintain and steadily improve our financial situation.There is also a limit to what they can do. The rest is up to the league leaders. They should focus on improving stadiums, quality of tv transmissions, migrate to worldwide appeal. As of now this league is considered "boring" and let's face it is hard to change that perception. It is also hard to attract new fans. Besides juve the whole league battles obscurity. That need to change for the greater good ,but when you have in charge dinosaurs, that won't happen.

rainhard

May 5, 2004
We should do some business with Serie A teams that building their side

Atalanta with their CL quest this season, players like Matuidi, Mandzu, Rugani, Can, Khedira, Higuain will help them alot
Brescia with their promotion this year will have ambition to stay up in Serie A. Our unneeded players will be real top reinforcement for them

If we can get Tonalli, while giving Can and Rugani to Brescia, I will do that deal ASAP. This will solve our problem, add potential to our midfield and giving Brescia ready players with Serie A calibre

For that transaction not record as loss just value Tonalli = book value of Can+ Rugani+ some $$ we count as profit

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015

Atalanta with their CL quest this season, players like Matuidi, Mandzu, Rugani, Can, Khedira, Higuain will help them alot
Brescia with their promotion this year will have ambition to stay up in Serie A. Our unneeded players will be real top reinforcement for them
Yes, i can totally see Matuidi, Can, Khedira, Rugani, Mandzukic or Higuain being interested in moving to the likes of Brescia and giving up on their high salary by doing so...And even if they would be willing to go there, the smaller teams couldn't afford it.

InterMerda

Feb 9, 2016

If we can get Tonalli, while giving Can and Rugani to Brescia, I will do that deal ASAP. This will solve our problem, add potential to our midfield and giving Brescia ready players with Serie A calibre

For that transaction not record as loss just value Tonalli = book value of Can+ Rugani+ some $$ we count as profit
As if it were that easy...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 18)