vote

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Wittl

Contributor
Feb 21, 2017
Fuck this guy!

Selling players to EPL teams and only getting 27.5m for Kean, 28m+Danilo for Cancelo and now most likely just around 75m for Dybala, while they pay 55m for unkown motherfuckers like Wan-Bissaka or almost 100m for a gawk like Maguire.

What a shitty sporting director we have, unbelievable.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Fuck this guy!

Selling players to EPL teams and only getting 27.5m for Kean, 28m+Danilo for Cancelo and now most likely just around 75m for Dybala, while they pay 55m for unkown motherfuckers like Wan-Bissaka or almost 100m for a gawk like Maguire.

What a shitty sporting director we have, unbelievable.
There is one very simple explanation for all of this: sell now or financial suicide / FFP problems later. And you can bet your house on it that this same issue is going to arise again in the not so distant future.
Other clubs know it & take advantage of it. As they should.

Cancelo: it's obvious that we were desperate to get rid of him. Ideally, we hoped to complete the deal before July 1st, but couldn't. Held out a few weeks longer to see if we could find more interested clubs. Apparently not, so the one club that does want to sign him has an extremely strong position to negotiate. Essentially, our need to get rid of him was bigger than City's need to sign him.

And from the looks of it, the Dybala situation seems similar. Although 75m wouldn't exactly be peanuts imo.

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
This guy just got schooled by Marotta. We are yet to see if Dybala refusing Manu is also Marottas work to get him to Inter...
How did we get schooled? Inter had to pay straight cash of 60+15 for Lukaku and still can't get rid of Icardi. Now they have to find a club to buy him and the only club is us. I don't think for a minute that they will be able to afford a Dybala-Icardi swap either. As apposed to Inter we have the reverse problem as none of our players want to leave which either suggests we are overpaying them, they like winning, or the club atmosphere is really good - more likely all of the above.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
They are employees. They work for the club.
And imagine being an employee, and up until a week ago, you were told that you were an integral part of the club.

And then , in a week's time, you are suddenly told that you are not wanted, and they fully expect you to make a life altering decision by a certain deadline.

Basically blindsided by the club. Were there ever ANY rumors or reports prior to this that Juve were looking to get rid of him? None. None whatsoever.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
And imagine being an employee, and up until a week ago, you were told that you were an integral part of the club.

And then , in a week's time, you are suddenly told that you are not wanted, and they fully expect you to make a life altering decision by a certain deadline.

Basically blindsided by the club. Were there ever ANY rumors or reports prior to this that Juve were looking to get rid of him? None. None whatsoever.
So you're assuming that nothing was communicated to him via the club? One moment you're on vacation tra-la-la-la-la and the next moment you're talking to Tottenham or MU?

We have ZERO inside knowledge of what was discussed last season between club and player or anything really this season between club and player. All we have is the new coach saying he was useful and likely wanted by the coach. And? People who laugh at rumors are suddenly believing their every word.

Shit happens its the business. Players get traded all the time against their will, its part of the business.

Flip side: Imagine paying 40m for a talented kid, pay him millions, supporting him in the face of visual public incidents with the coach on a few occassions, you give him the #10, Captain arms band too and a focal point of the club but hands you the absolutely pathetic season he did. Are you not going to question that? You aren't going to question his routine run-abouts on the field?

Imagine now, a public company having an employee just pissing away his performance but also getting paid more than basically everyone in his office. What does that company do? usually 3 strikes and you're out. This guy had an entire season to pull himself together and didn't during MOST of it. That's how I look at it. He has massive potential but mentally can't pull himself out of a tough spot. Maybe that was a big enough issue that the club wants to part ways.

I'd rather him stay and try under Sarri but I'm not sweating this at all either way.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
We are just going to continue to agree to disagree on this. I will say this. If he gets sold, and they get an inferior replacement for him, then heads should roll. I think we can at least agree on that

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
We are just going to continue to agree to disagree on this. I will say this. If he gets sold, and they get an inferior replacement for him, then heads should roll. I think we can at least agree on that
Yep, we definitely agree on that. Depending on the player, are you going to pre judge or judge the player and transfer after the season? For me, I'd at least give them till December to really give an honest judgement.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Yep, we definitely agree on that. Depending on the player, are you going to pre judge or judge the player and transfer after the season? For me, I'd at least give them till December to really give an honest judgement.

This whole season is probably going to be a wash anyway. Who knows when this team will start firing on all cylinders with such a monumental shift in philosophy. Which brings me to another issue. If this club is in full support of the coach, to the point where they let go of arguably one of the top coaches in the world in the process, then I think it should be the club's responsibility to give him the players that he needs, not the ones that make the most sense on the balance sheet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 33)