vote

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
in fact it was mendes who brought us ronaldo. paratici said it was the easiest of deals. we needed to work out the financing part, but it never was paratici's job.

as far as paratici goes so far, he switched benatia for caceres, and sold a couple of young players + stu for good $$$. sample size too small... i'd wait at least until the end of the summer transfer window with any evaluation.
You can't be serious. Even if the deal was easy he took that chance and convinced Agnelli.

I'm not saying he's perfect, the Benatia sale was a huge mistake for example and the sample size is definitely small.

Buy on AliExpress.com

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006
You can't be serious. Even if the deal was easy he took that chance and convinced Agnelli.

I'm not saying he's perfect, the Benatia sale was a huge mistake for example and the sample size is definitely small.
Wouldn't blame Paratici on Benatia.

He simply refused to play under Allegri.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015

how much convincing would any president need when it comes to cr7 though. literally any club would sign him in a heartbeat if the funds were available.

benatia is on allegri, replacement is on paratici. not judging, just saying.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
how much convincing would any president need when it comes to cr7 though. literally any club would sign him in a heartbeat if the funds were available.

benatia is on allegri, replacement is on paratici. not judging, just saying.
He convinced him about the economic part of it

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
are we talking about the same marotta who bought higuain for 90m, and gave him a 7,5m/year salary?

also, marotta never was a president, he could never influence how much additional funds the club would actually have from shareholders. judging by his actions, agnelli does have some ambition. i doubt any director could have changed his position over ronaldo. he was a must buy in the club's position. i wouldn't give paratici the credit for the whole cr transfer.

ymmv :boh:

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
are we talking about the same marotta who bought higuain for 90m, and gave him a 7,5m/year salary?

also, marotta never was a president, he could never influence how much additional funds the club would actually have from shareholders. judging by his actions, agnelli does have some ambition. i doubt any director could have changed his position over ronaldo. he was a must buy in the club's position. i wouldn't give paratici the credit for the whole cr transfer.

ymmv :boh:
So you don't think the acquisition of cr was the catalyst to marottas departure, to me it's pretty clear that why he's gone, he was against the move and got most likely overstepped

Strickland

May 17, 2019
in fact it was mendes who brought us ronaldo. paratici said it was the easiest of deals. we needed to work out the financing part, but it never was paratici's job.

as far as paratici goes so far, he switched benatia for caceres, and sold a couple of young players + stu for good $$$. sample size too small... i'd wait at least until the end of the summer transfer window with any evaluation.
so far the biggest deal was Sturaro imo, because it smells fishy from a mile away. but yeah, he's got a big summer ahead of him

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
So you don't think the acquisition of cr was the catalyst to marottas departure, to me it's pretty clear that why he's gone, he was against the move and got most likely overstepped
no, i don't. his contract was expiring, and wasn't offered an extension. these positions require continuity. my guess is that in case agnelli wanted marotta to stay longer, he would have given him a new contract way before the last one expired (and as a gesture of trust, agnelli could have confirmed marotta even before the transfer window started).

also, paratici said in that lengthy gds interview that marotta supported the cr move. of course it could be a lie, but for me, paratici always looks like a honest, even a bit naive person. he completely avoids the usual communication panels that marotta used too. just look at his polish interview when he also speaks about the cr7 deal.

also, a noticeable difference between paratici and marotta: paratici is a sporting director for the club, marotta was a ceo. i doubt it's paratici's competence to convince agnelli about the financial feasibility of any project, let alone one that might be a game changer for the club.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
no, i don't. his contract was expiring, and wasn't offered an extension. these positions require continuity. my guess is that in case agnelli wanted marotta to stay longer, he would have given him a new contract way before the last one expired (and as a gesture of trust, agnelli could have confirmed marotta even before the transfer window started).

also, paratici said in that lengthy gds interview that marotta supported the cr move. of course it could be a lie, but for me, paratici always looks like a honest, even a bit naive person. he completely avoids the usual communication panels that marotta used too. just look at his polish interview when he also speaks about the cr7 deal.

also, a noticeable difference between paratici and marotta: paratici is a sporting director for the club, marotta was a ceo. i doubt it's paratici's competence to convince agnelli about the financial feasibility of any project, let alone one that might be a game changer for the club.
Sporting directors are overseeing the monetary part of their deals as well, they are basically negotiators.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005

I personally would take the words of people with knowledge of inner workings of the club than official statements in this case. CR transfer is the antithesis of marottas transfer philosophy.

As for paratici convincing agnelli, it's not that far fetched, him being a sd doesn't prelude him from having direct or indirect access to financial projections of a particular move. Marketability of a player is as standard a criterion as skills on the pitch these days.

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015

U r trying so hard to create a narrative about it. Every story around gave the credit to Fabio and one of the best way to know that was Beppe Out and Fabio promoted

About Pipa, that was all on Beppe and, BTW selling Paul to buy Pipa was a geniuos move

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
I personally would take the words of people with knowledge of inner workings of the club than official statements in this case. CR transfer is the antithesis of marottas transfer philosophy.

As for paratici convincing agnelli, it's not that far fetched, him being a sd doesn't prelude him from having direct or indirect access to financial projections of a particular move. Marketability of a player is as standard a criterion as skills on the pitch these days.
it was an interview, not an official statement.

marotta called the higuain transfer the best of his career, and it also looked like the antithesis of his transfer strategy: a proven, almost ageing player, with an astronomical transfer fee, with very low potential resale value, very high wages. nothing like he did before. also, higuain wasn't a marketing/pr money machine, he wasn't a typical franchise player, while cr7 has this benefit too. i could easily see marotta backing the cr7 transfer. it's a lot less risky than higuain was.

those people with "knowledge of inner workings of the club" knew nothing about marotta's contract expiry and him leaving the club. i don't remember who came up with those informations about marotta being against the cr transfer and this being the reason behind his exit, but i don't consider italian journalists too reliable, their track record was awful lately. it might be true, but i tend to believe it's pure hindsight and speculation.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
it was an interview, not an official statement.

marotta called the higuain transfer the best of his career, and it also looked like the antithesis of his transfer strategy: a proven, almost ageing player, with an astronomical transfer fee, with very low potential resale value, very high wages. nothing like he did before. also, higuain wasn't a marketing/pr money machine, he wasn't a typical franchise player, while cr7 has this benefit too. i could easily see marotta backing the cr7 transfer. it's a lot less risky than higuain was.

those people with "knowledge of inner workings of the club" knew nothing about marotta's contract expiry and him leaving the club. i don't remember who came up with those informations about marotta being against the cr transfer and this being the reason behind his exit, but i don't consider italian journalists too reliable, their track record was awful lately. it might be true, but i tend to believe it's pure hindsight and speculation.
Every time paratici speaks about juventus it is an official statement. You are also not including in the higuain transfer the pogba sale which offsets a lot of the risks. Even without the pogba sale, no way can you compare the budget ramifications of the cr transfer with higuain, just not on the same plain of risk.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011

And when he brings Sarri and sells Pjanic?

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Every time paratici speaks about juventus it is an official statement. You are also not including in the higuain transfer the pogba sale which offsets a lot of the risks. Even without the pogba sale, no way can you compare the budget ramifications of the cr transfer with higuain, just not on the same plain of risk.
what do you mean exactly?

the pogba sale surely helped the liquidity of the club, but the plusvalenza from that deal could have been spent in a million different ways, and higuain was one of the riskier, financially less rewarding ways of spending it. under marotta, juve never sold a player with minusvalenza, but with higuain, you could tell instantly that he'd be very, very hard to get rid of before his contract expires.

- - - Updated - - -

And when he brings Sarri and sells Pjanic?
you know i don't want either of this to happen. also, i doubt paratici decides about the coach. i'd still wait until the end of the transfer window

and give paratici a 0/10.

Last edited:

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Why are we hating on Paratici? He hasn't caused any damage yet, unlike the fraudulent serpent who is currently working for our arch nemesis.

Selling Vidal for peanuts and never adequately improving the midfield. Fucko Marotta.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 62)