vote

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DS8_Montero

Aug 10, 2018
What expectations?

He’s had one winter transfer window? You had expectations there?
Of course I had. I had expectations that he could respond to the challenges this club faces.

This team has a huge hole in midfield (there's no need to elaborate on this topic, I guess). But even Ramsey didn't come in January, even though they supposedly tried to get him immediately.

Also, however much I like Caceres, that Caceres - Benatia situation didn't look like a well-planned and well-managed process at all.

Now this team has big problems both in midfield and defense. Before the most important part of the season. And we have to only hope that Max somehow invents another ingenious plan to turn this team into real CL contenders.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Wat is going on in this thread. I spent a bit of time during Mercato teasing badass about Paratici because of his weird anti-Beppe moaning for the last few years...

But now he is pizza delivery boy and incapable of performing at this level because of some random interview?

Only on the Tuz. :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

Pizza needs red wine.
Red wine @ 2 in the afternoon Bro. I might be able to pull that off on a Sunday, but definitely not on a Thursday. Anyway, Pizza goes better with beer, craft beer. Also, I don't eat pepperoni or drink wine; it's Haram :p

- - - Updated - - -

Who the hell orders coffee and pizza at the same time. What time of day is it? What meal are you eating?
Lunch @ 2? :boh::p

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Red wine @ 2 in the afternoon Bro. I might be able to pull that off on a Sunday, but definitely not on a Thursday. Anyway, Pizza goes better with beer, craft beer. Also, I don't eat pepperoni or drink wine; it's Haram :p

- - - Updated - - -

Wine is haram but not beer?

Pizza is just so greasy, weighs heavy on my constitution and makes me sluggish. Only eat it in the evening.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013

- - - Updated - - -

I’m more of a home-made pizza in the red brick, wood-fired pizza oven. A bottle of red wine alongside. Call me a hipster, I know. :boh:

I like craft beer, but I don’t find it goes well with pizza. Maybe if I were to stoop to some Pizza Hut style grease-fest...

Cold weather, pizza and red wine... warm weather, pizza and champagne. (Fuck Prosecco @Wittl ;) )

- - - Updated - - -

@Bianconero81

Does Thailand have a good craft beer industry?

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
I’m more of a home-made pizza in the red brick, wood-fired pizza oven. A bottle of red wine alongside. Call me a hipster, I know. :boh:

I like craft beer, but I don’t find it goes well with pizza. Maybe if I were to stoop to some Pizza Hut style grease-fest...

Cold weather, pizza and red wine... warm weather, pizza and champagne. (Fuck Prosecco @Wittl ;) )
I dunno Bro. I don't stoop to Pizza Hut style shit, I can assure you. I'm a big fan of wood fired oven pizza, and it does go well with beer :D

Prosecco is great, but only if you get the high quality stuff. Champagne is wonderful too.

- - - Updated - - -

Wine is haram but not beer?

Pizza is just so greasy, weighs heavy on my constitution and makes me sluggish. Only eat it in the evening.
Actually, all alcohol beverages are halal in my book. I choose to deploy logic and common sense when it comes to religious interpretation, and there are no verses in Islam that explicitly state you're not supposed to drink, only that alcohol dulls the senses and does more harm than good.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

@Bianconero81

Does Thailand have a good craft beer industry?
They're trying. Some of the local selections aren't bad. We have a lot of imported craft beers, but they're exorbitantly priced. A pint of pale ale can set you back $12 - $15.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I dunno Bro. I don't stoop to Pizza Hut style shit, I can assure you. I'm a big fan of wood fired oven pizza, and it does go well with beer :D

Prosecco is great, but only if you get the high quality stuff. Champagne is wonderful too.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually, all alcohol beverages are halal in my book. I choose to deploy logic and common sense when it comes to religious interpretation, and there are no verses in Islam that explicitly state you're not supposed to drink, only that alcohol dulls the senses and does more harm than good.

- - - Updated - - -

They're trying. Some of the local selections aren't bad. We have a lot of imported craft beers, but they're exorbitantly priced. A pint of pale ale can set you back $12 - $15.
You’re probably right. It’s more that I’ve never really liked eating full-on meals with beer. Usually prefer snacking.

That’s a crazy price for a pint. At least it keeps you from dulling those senses too much and doing a lot of harm. ;)

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
You’re probably right. It’s more that I’ve never really liked eating full-on meals with beer. Usually prefer snacking.

That’s a crazy price for a pint. At least it keeps you from dulling those senses too much and doing a lot of harm. ;)
Haha. I don't go out as often as I used to, but when I do, I go all out. I sometimes actually end up spending $150 - $200 on dinner and booze (Japanese, Italian, or ribs and a beef brisket). I have this routine when I eat Japanese food. I start out with ice cold beers and grilled dishes, then move onto raw fish and sake.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
Apparently, he's a convicted criminal. I don't really know if there's any truth to that. The media here tend to skew shit; we're still under a military regime after all. Also, the Thais aren't exactly the sharpest tools in the shed; they're not renowned for common sense or logic.
Do you see yourself moving out one day?

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Taxes on alcohol are insane here. Import duties + tax makes a bottle of wine that costs $10 in Europe, cost in excess of $30.
Mental. We have it bad here as far as liquor taxes go, but nowhere near that.

Usually about double the price of same booze in America for cheaper stuff. And then with expensive wine and craft beer closer to 150%

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Do you see yourself moving out one day?
Maybe in 10 years. I don't wanna become an old whore monger :p

The thing is, most of my friends are here, and going back to Egypt is not an option. It's become a massive shithole ruled by an illiterate knob-head. My sister is considering relocating to Australia; she wants to do her Masters there.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
Maybe in 10 years. I don't wanna become an old whore monger :p

The thing is, most of my friends are here, and going back to Egypt is not an option. It's become a massive shithole ruled by an illiterate knob-head. My sister is considering relocating to Australia; she wants to do her Masters there.
I know a phD in maritime law that went to Thailand and was supposed to teach there, but left quickly and that person also went around the world so it was pretty weird

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Mental. We have it bad here as far as liquor taxes go, but nowhere near that.

Usually about double the price of same booze in America for cheaper stuff. And then with expensive wine and craft beer closer to 150%
They call it a "sin tax" :howler: :rofl: Copying the Koreans with that one :D

Thais do drink a lot, and they probably have one of the worst records regarding road safety.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
They call it a "sin tax" :howler: :rofl: Copying the Koreans with that one :D

Thais do drink a lot, and they probably have one of the worst records regarding road safety.
Doesn’t Thailand have one of the highest traffic fatality rates in the world? Only a few third world banana republics are worse, yes?

:lol:

- - - Updated - - -

Must be all those “tuk-tuks”

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
I know a phD in maritime law that went to Thailand and was supposed to teach there, but left quickly and that person also went around the world so it was pretty weird
The problem is, the current Thai government are trying to attract quality tourists. They believe gentrifying Bangkok and increasing prices (coupled with currency appreciation) is the way forward. Most quality tourists don't actually come to Thailand, or if they do, it's a one and done type deal. The novelty wears off. Thailand is renowned for cheap Thai food, the nightlife (but they're slowly killing that), and beaches. You can get better beaches elsewhere (The Maldives is becoming more affordable for many), neighboring countries are slowly becoming more modernized and are arguably more fun and cheaper (Cambodia, Vietnam, and especially The Philippines). Turning Thailand into a Singapore isn't going to work; you can't take the hookers, the seedy aspects, the weird quirks out of Thailand. There's only so many malls and temples a tourist can visit before they get bored. The only reason tourism isn't entirely dead yet is because of the Chinese, but the numbers of European, Aussies, and Brits flocking to Thailand is definitely down.

- - - Updated - - -

Doesn’t Thailand have one of the highest traffic fatality rates in the world? Only a few third world banana republics are worse, yes?

:lol:

- - - Updated - - -

Must be all those “tuk-tuks”
Haha. Yup. They have "special driving skills" :p

The Tuk Tuks are a fucking health hazard.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 19)