vote

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
Look at our mercado decisions in the summer:

Sarri = disaster
Rabiot = flop who can't get a game ahead of Emre Can.
Ramsey = predictably injured as the rest of world football knew he would be plus on a huge wage and signing on fee.
Cancelo/Danilo swap = valuations of players out of line, we now play a RW to replace our starting RB.
Demiral = Apparently not trusted.
Higuain = Arguably one of our most important players so far and we tried everything to get rid of him. Thankfully he turned down all moves.
Dybala = Same as Higuain but even more important.
De Ligt = Potential is there but thrown in too early, just bad luck with Chiellini.
Mandzukic = One of our most important players last season, frozen out all together. Contributes nothing to the squad while earning wages and losing value.

Very worrying decisions.
Rabiot just returned from injury, but you can't debate with the rest.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
I agree with you about the midfield, but how exactly did Marotta damage the RB Position? Was he not the one who brought in Lichsteiner and then Cancelo?
We have had this RB problem since Licht left/declined.

Alves was a short term fix that dint work out too well.

Then we brought in mediocre injury prone De Sciglio which was another stupid deal in hindsight.

Cancelo was a good investment initially but he was discarded only after one year for a washed up Brazilian RB. This is totally down to Paratici, I agree

But we have had a problem at RB even before this and it hasn't been addressed properly.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
We have had this RB problem since Licht left/declined.

Alves was a short term fix that dint work out too well.

Then we brought in mediocre injury prone De Sciglio which was another stupid deal in hindsight.

Cancelo was a good investment initially but he was discarded only after one year for a washed up Brazilian RB. This is totally down to Paratici, I agree

But we have had a problem at RB even before this and it hasn't been addressed properly.

Hang on.

Lichtsteiner was declining when Alves was brought in. Alves was really good in his one year with us, overall. De Sciglio was never meant to be a full time starter. So , if anything, we had a 1 year gap in 17/18 due to Alves throwing a fit and getting hsi contract rescinded. That was supposedly remedied last year with Cancelo. A young, dynamic RB.

I'm sorry, but I can't agree that we have had some sort of long standing problem here at RB, and if we do have one now, it is certainly not marotta's fault.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
I don't even know who would be available in January to help this club. I can't fathom seeing any top players moving in the winter transfer window.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
Him sitting out the last six months of his PSG career didn't help things. But we should have gotten a better player anyways.
Then we wouldn't have signed De Ligt. Maybe in hindsight people prefer that, but everybody was so excited when De Ligt was signed.

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
Paratici needs to pull his fingers out of his ass and start looking around for some decent players.

Can, Mandzukic, Pjaca and Rugani our the door.

Pogba and Chiesa in

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
But is it only this loss or is it something more than that?
i'd have agreed tere is something more, and i agree that our play is horrible.

but if you loos at last 5seasons, and conte's last season. there were meltdowns everytime juve lost or drew.

there is a meltdown everytime

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 66)