Fabio Miretti (7 Viewers)

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
not yesterday though. we won the game ~seconds after he was replaced, and he played one of his worst games regardless of the result anyway. his highlights consist of two well executed presses (one before his sub, iirc that resulted in a shot and deserved a goal) and countless lost duels and missed passes.

i like the kid and i'm happy to praise him, but not after the lecce game. he was just bad.
Yeah he had a bad game, no doubt about that. Still my point is that having a guy like him in our midfield makes our play better. When we played with Rabiot and McKennie together in midfield we were solid, but painfully uncreative and lacking fluidity in the attacking phase outside of counters.

Miretti is raw but he is more technical. Of course Fagioli would be better.

Yesterday we were better once he let, he was replaced by Cambiaso in the mid who brings those characteristics as well. My overall point is I like when we play with more technical players and Miretti does offer that benefit of a McKennie-Rabiot pair around Locatelli.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Boksic

May 11, 2005
He gets in good positions but he takes far too long to do anything with it so the defenders get back and he loses the ball. The penny still hasn't dropped that he can't have long on the ball at this level and it will be the difference for him in terms of how long he stays here.

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
We are really overdoing it with giving all the trust to this kid. He has like 2% success rate when it comes to crucial passes or scoring. We will lack those goals from the midfield at the end of the season.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
man yoou guys must not remember marchisio around this age. because i do remmeber and aside from a few nice goals, most members here used to say the same thing. what does he offer in midfield?

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Beppe from GJustJuve said it best about Miretti. "Yes, but..." He really needs a year off at another club to gain experience. After all, many players took that route and succeeded.
A loan to a team like Frosinone would do him wonders. Bring back Soule and send him out.

A lot of his problem is the final ball. He does well getting there, but then looks rushed and clueless always when it comes to shots or passes. He’s been playing the first team semi-regularly since he was 18 back in 2022, in a high pressure environment, and since it seems he can’t stay calm and collected in the pressure moments let him go somewhere without that pressure for a year.

Juve-Fan-Iraq

Oct 7, 2023
A loan to a team like Frosinone would do him wonders. Bring back Soule and send him out.

A lot of his problem is the final ball. He does well getting there, but then looks rushed and clueless always when it comes to shots or passes. He’s been playing the first team semi-regularly since he was 18 back in 2022, in a high pressure environment, and since it seems he can’t stay calm and collected in the pressure moments let him go somewhere without that pressure for a year.
Yeah I think Frosinone or Monza would be good fit for him. The shot today was evidence of the pressure he's feeling and I feel like that's going to affect him more and more.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
One of those players people don't give the benefit to like Cuadrado.

Yes he pushed the ball too far on his chance but how many CMs in the first place can intercept and create their own breakaway with 10 men?

Hopefully as he gets stronger, he gets a bit more athletic and has more burst and strength to finish

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011

Agree, but if numbskulls like us can figure this out surely the professional backroom staff should be able to help him with this? Focused training to get used to keeping calm under pressure.

I'm not sure a loan to a lower level is the right idea. As you say it's mentality that's lacking. Technically he's okay

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Agree, but if numbskulls like us can figure this out surely the professional backroom staff should be able to help him with this? Focused training to get used to keeping calm under pressure.

I'm not sure a loan to a lower level is the right idea. As you say it's mentality that's lacking. Technically he's okay
But often getting substantial playing time in a lower pressure environment helps young players develop that calm and composure… not every 18 year old is ready mentally for playing in a high pressure top club environment. This guy moved into the first squad at 18, and has been given regular playing time but not full-time starter type minutes ever since. He might be the type of player that would thrive with a year in a lower pressure setting and come back stronger for it. He’s too good for Nextgen but he might do great at a Frosinone type team for a year….

Either way, hopefully something is done to get him that last bit of the way to being a Juve level starter.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)