Fabio Miretti (18 Viewers)

maxi

Aug 31, 2006
He was impressive. The best of the 3 kids, should stay in club
Contrary to popular opinion, I think that's Rovella. Not saying this guy is bad, because the dynamic of the game yesterday clearly changed when he was taken off, but Rovella has more experience playing in Serie A and has impressed me thoroughly whenever he plays. His ball control is sublime and he has a knack for good passes. As a regista he dictates the tempo perfectly . Unfortunately however he's only been given 5 mins to play over the course of the last 2 matches to demonstrate his worth. He should start a match, but with Paredes coming I dont see it happening now sadly.

Ideally none of these youngsters should be loaned out. We have a good crop of italian youngsters coming up from our youth system which is exciting, and we should continue to confide some trust in them. The future looks bright.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Contrary to popular opinion, I think that's Rovella. Not saying this guy is bad, because the dynamic of the game yesterday clearly changed when he was taken off, but Rovella has more experience playing in Serie A and has impressed me thoroughly whenever he plays. His ball control is sublime and he has a knack for good passes. As a regista he dictates the tempo perfectly . Unfortunately however he's only been given 5 mins to play over the course of the last 2 matches to demonstrate his worth. He should start a match, but with Paredes coming I dont see it happening now sadly.

Ideally none of these youngsters should be loaned out. We have a good crop of italian youngsters coming up from our youth system which is exciting, and we should continue to confide some trust in them. The future looks bright.
I think we have 3 players in different positions but I`d keep Rovella since we dont have many in his position, Fagioli since he can add creativity and then Miretti since he does the right things and tries to pass forward.
Who is the best among the trio - If I analyze it by what the player brings to his role - Fagioli still didnt get a chance so its tough to say how good he really is.
Rovella is a player I like - Seems like a smart player who distributes the ball in a good way.
Miretti - Since we have none to offer moving forward (but Pogba who is injured and Fagioli who is still unproven for us) I think he should stay.
Overall I do too rate Rovella as the best of the trio but I think my opinion would change when we play Fagioli.

Clamarc

Sep 26, 2018

They do have different skillsets and it's much easier to impress as B2B or mezzala where they more likely to create assists or score goals.
The thing with regista is it's a position where they just sitting deep and spreading passes around which won't be seen as pretty highlight. They also often under pressured heavily so they need high intelligent, awareness and a cool head to get off of the pressure. One mistake and it could create dangerous situation to the defense.
I see Rovella could be a decent regista but to be great one I still have doubt, at least for now. Miretti, I see he could become a great mezzala. Fagioli, I don't really rate but maybe he could be decent squad player.

But IMO the club should move on from 'regista' and just play pure DM.
Or at least find someone like Marchisio that can play hybrid DM - regista. May not be the best in vision like Pirlo but can give better security in defense so the other 2 MFs can attack more freely. Brozovic fits the bill but sadly he's Inter player lol

Last edited:

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
What I hope he can develop over the season is his decision making in the final third and when he gets too much space. He's superb in small pockets and really quick thinking and solution oriented. Really looks so mature and a bit stronger than last year. It's not until the final third when he starts to look a bit raw. I think he and Fagioli can co-exist as I in the end see Miretti more like a B2B while Fagioli either as "Pirlo" or a more advanced role in the final third. You know. The player we haven't had since Pirlo. And yes, maybe not this year but in the future I absolutely think all three (with Rovella) could work. But they need to hit work in synchrony like Xavi/Iniesta or hit the gym and bulk up a little.
On the other hand... Would I prefer putting on any other of our CMs? Besides Pogba and Locatelli, I am not sure. Rabiot to cover space maybe. But McKennie and the rest only harms our play, so, no.

Clamarc

Sep 26, 2018
What I hope he can develop over the season is his decision making in the final third and when he gets too much space. He's superb in small pockets and really quick thinking and solution oriented. Really looks so mature and a bit stronger than last year. It's not until the final third when he starts to look a bit raw. I think he and Fagioli can co-exist as I in the end see Miretti more like a B2B while Fagioli either as "Pirlo" or a more advanced role in the final third. You know. The player we haven't had since Pirlo. And yes, maybe not this year but in the future I absolutely think all three (with Rovella) could work. But they need to hit work in synchrony like Xavi/Iniesta or hit the gym and bulk up a little.
On the other hand... Would I prefer putting on any other of our CMs? Besides Pogba and Locatelli, I am not sure. Rabiot to cover space maybe. But McKennie and the rest only harms our play, so, no.
IMO Fagioli isn't suited to deeper role. Think he would be better if he plays more advance.
They need to be given more chance playing together to build that chemistry. If they can reach Xavi/ Iniesta level or at least just 50% that would be amazing for us :tuttosport:
But would take some balls from Allegri to do that.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Just hope this club doesn't ruin him.

This is how you grow talent at your club. You play them in big matches, surrounded by some experience and let them be forward leaning like youth tend to be. The kid gets the ball and looks immediately how to get the ball forward (even if it means bringing it himself). He doesn't really know how to be "cautious yet" which is fine with me. Would rather a youngster take some ambitious chances and make mistakes than try to not make any mistakes and keep playing it safe.

Also worth noting - for a 19 year old the kid can receive AND play the ball with both feet. That's nuts. That's confidence right there. No reason this kid can't be number 3 or 4 behind Pogba/Loca in the lineup if they are fit.

- - - Updated - - -

I think we have 3 players in different positions but I`d keep Rovella since we dont have many in his position, Fagioli since he can add creativity and then Miretti since he does the right things and tries to pass forward.
Who is the best among the trio - If I analyze it by what the player brings to his role - Fagioli still didnt get a chance so its tough to say how good he really is.
Rovella is a player I like - Seems like a smart player who distributes the ball in a good way.
Miretti - Since we have none to offer moving forward (but Pogba who is injured and Fagioli who is still unproven for us) I think he should stay.
Overall I do too rate Rovella as the best of the trio but I think my opinion would change when we play Fagioli.
I think we have 3 players in different positions that give us WAY more off the bench than Arthur/Rabiot. Blows my mind we have some serious talent at a young age and 2 of 3 are gonna be sent off into the endless loan system again...

Last edited:

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
His style and movement reminded me of a young Marchisio at times. He also seems like an intelligent guy
He definitely has that air of class about him.

But his frame looks like it has the potential to have more bulk than Marchisio, which is actually a great thing since all the clamour is for a physically dominant creative mid like SMS/Zaniolo… :klin:

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005

But his frame looks like it has the potential to have more bulk than Marchisio, which is actually a great thing since all the clamour is for a physically dominant creative mid like SMS/Zaniolo… :klin:
Imagine we have a CM selection of: SMS, Pogba, Locatelli, Rovella, Miretti and Fagioli. Hell, keep Zakaria too.

Clamarc

Sep 26, 2018

Not sure about the bulky part. Some players are better left of to be skinny so they can keep their speed and agility

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Imagine we have a CM selection of: SMS, Pogba, Locatelli, Rovella, Miretti and Fagioli. Hell, keep Zakaria too.
Don't need Zak in that situation. If we can offload R-Turd now and then Rabiot expires next summer, we pretty much have that already. Just need to cash out for Sergej

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 16)