Fabio Grosso DONE DEAL (75 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antonio1

Juve's Messi
Oct 3, 2004
So you're comparing Cannavaro, once perhaps the best defender in the world, to Grosso?

Yeah, OK. I was right and so is Esteban. You're overrating the fuck out of him.

Grosso is an OK player, good going forward but average at defending, and would be a decent stop-gap player for left-back until DC or Criscito can take over the role. He is NOT an excellent player.
Your not right, its a difference of opinion.

People forget so quickly...Look at any 2006 WC game, grosso won the penalty against australia, scored against Germany and scored the final penalty against France. And had a really good tournament. Not many of us watch Ligue 1 week in week out so we can only take what we've seen of him. ive seen a great grosso for palermo and Italy, and a poor one at Inter. Go figure. Canna was the BEST defender at the WC 2006, and grosso wasn't far behind in terms of impact to the squad. If grosso is as good for us as he was for palermo and italy, which im inclined to think he is given the surroundings, we have made a top signing.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Maybe we should sign Materazzi as well, then.

He looked world class for a couple of weeks in 2006 despite not being close to that level in the rest of his career.

Gotte

Mar 21, 2009
“Fabio remains one of the best and with more experience he can bring that something extra to the side, even if we have two promising youngsters like Christian Molinaro and Paolo De Ceglie.” - Fabio Cannavaro

"Molinaro promising youngster"? Nah...

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Your not right, its a difference of opinion.

People forget so quickly...Look at any 2006 WC game, grosso won the penalty against australia, scored against Germany and scored the final penalty against France. And had a really good tournament. Not many of us watch Ligue 1 week in week out so we can only take what we've seen of him. ive seen a great grosso for palermo and Italy, and a poor one at Inter. Go figure. Canna was the BEST defender at the WC 2006, and grosso wasn't far behind in terms of impact to the squad. If grosso is as good for us as he was for palermo and italy, which im inclined to think he is given the surroundings, we have made a top signing.
Ooooohhhhh, wooooow. Grosso won a penalty and took a penalty and scored. Big deal.

Please provide me with a proper argument.

Antonio1

Juve's Messi
Oct 3, 2004
Ooooohhhhh, wooooow. Grosso won a penalty and took a penalty and scored. Big deal.

Please provide me with a proper argument.
Right ok, if your trying to deny Grosso was one the WC's top performers the you have a bias or something. He was a great player for Italy and had a great season at Palermo too. He can run with the ball and put in a decent cross, and has shown he can play on the biggest stage. Im for the signing, and i reckon he will prove a lot of people wrong.

Also, to answer the Materazzi question, the next season after the WC in italy he scored ten goals, and won the best defender award at the calcio awards. Not my favourite player, but he had his moment at least.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Right ok, if your trying to deny Grosso was one the WC's top performers the you have a bias or something. He was a great player for Italy and had a great season at Palermo too. He can run with the ball and put in a decent cross, and has shown he can play on the biggest stage. Im for the signing, and i reckon he will prove a lot of people wrong.

Also, to answer the Materazzi question, the next season after the WC in italy he scored ten goals, and won the best defender award at the calcio awards. Not my favourite player, but he had his moment at least.
Let me guess, you're an Azzurri fanboy, right?

Antonio1

Juve's Messi
Oct 3, 2004
Let me guess, you're an Azzurri fanboy, right?
what...? im a fan if thats what your asking. as i am of juve. I want them both to have good teams and quality players in every position. Juve have bad full-backs. Grosso is a good full-back. Thats why i want him to sign. I dont have any hidden agenda saying this.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
what...? im a fan if thats what your asking. as i am of juve. I want them both to have good teams and quality players in every position. Juve have bad full-backs. Grosso is a good full-back. Thats why i want him to sign. I dont have any hidden agenda saying this.
You're an Azzurri fan boy if you are not Italian. End of.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
Grosso was excellent in the world cup, one of the most important players of the Azzurri back then. Three years have passed but still, he's better than the LBs we've got at the moment and he'd sure be a short-term improvement to our squad.

Antonio1

Juve's Messi
Oct 3, 2004
Is Amauri an Azzurri fan boy?
Thats mental. Firstly, I am italian i just don't live there anymore. Secondly, if i wasn't i would be merely a football fan who supports a team of his choice. Thats like saying if your not from Torino your a Juve fanboy. Football is a game, a sport, support the team you want. Whts the difference between a fan or a fanboy at the end of the day? Internet nerd terminology is the answer. Hundereds of million of fans round the world support many different teams they have no international association with and as far as im concerned thats fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 75)