Fabio Grosso DONE DEAL (47 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

IrishZebra

Western Imperialist
Jun 18, 2006
If you're going to have one weak area make sure its a fullback, Grosso + Rafinha (although ihavent seen that much of him) would put us on a par with Man utd minus Vidic (or maybe not judging by Judas' performance last night).

The way I see it spending 12 million in todays world to go from a Villa to a United is worth it...

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
Oct 27, 2004
Grosso would be an upgrade, thats for sure. Send Molinaro far away on a bananaboat. Lend out De Ceglie and use Brazzos as reserve.

Ken

The Dutch Touch
Aug 17, 2007
From what I've read online we will give De Ceglie to Napoli (50% rights) and get Fabio Grosso. So he aint learning De Ceglie shit on this way..
I was hoping Molinaro was the one leaving.. if DC goes I don't see Moli leaving, unless Ciro trusts Brazzo as the replacement.

Plusvalenza

The Photoshop Pervert
Jan 6, 2009
I wouldn't think that for Ciro it makes no difference if we buy LB or RB, so if these reports are true we could be interested in both Grosso and Rafinha. So Grosso won't play for Lyon tomorrow? And what about Clerc, was he called up this time?

Fellas

Farsopoli
Jun 13, 2005
SKY: Thursday decisive encounter for Grosso, they believe we will take him for a couple of million.

Di Marzio: Believes we are getting him, officiall on Thursday or Friday

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
SKY: Thursday decisive encounter for Grosso, they believe we will take him for a couple of million.

Di Marzio: Believes we are getting him, officiall on Thursday or Friday
You're welcome! :stuckup: :cool:

:lol:

Still, I'd take Bobbi Bliss over an aging Grosso right now before Milan gets their mitts on him.
:D

anyway, De Silvestri will be Comotto's backup so let's enjoy Fabulous Grosso.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
It shouldn't be that difficult to get Grosso considering Cissokho is looking very good thus far this year for Lyon. That's another player we should have went after after seeing him in the Champions League last year.

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
Whilst getting both rafinha and grosso would make us potentially the strongest team in Serie A, as a starting XI, it does seem too much like perfection for it to be true...So, I am going to hope that we get one of those two players, which, bearing in mind the possiblity of Zebina and Caceres combining to cover the right flank with poise and consistency, leaves the left back position, to Molinaro (no thankyou), De Ceglie ( Not ready) and Sali...Out of those 3 only Sali leaves me feeling like we are anything near secure. I do not want to see De Ceglie leave the club. And I reckon that stance is shared by Ciro. Grosso teaching De Ceglie...would be perfect, with Sali to challenge Caceres and Zebina on the right, if they fuck up, and also to add pressure to De ceglie and grosso on the left.

Especially in this 4-3-1-2 system, we need quality support from the defensive flanks. Grosso definitely gives us this, and should be fine for at least a season or two.

So while Rafinha seems more like a dreamy wonderful signing...another brazilian!!!...it seems unlikely...mainly, to my mind, due to the fact that he is refusing to sign a new contract with his current club, and as they wont want him to leave for nothing next summer, they will be forced to sell him to the highest bidder, which I doubt will be us, if any of the other big boys get involved...Unless, he is close to diego, melo and amauri, and has his heart set on juve.

Grosso would be lovely. Grosso and Rafinha...beautiful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 46)