Fabio Grosso DONE DEAL (16 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
I can't believe Grosso is close to Juve.

Oh God..

He sucked for Italy. He sucked at Inter. He sucked and he will still suck. He's just too slow, clumsy and it's not like he can cross. It's really hard to believe he's our no.1 target and saying he's a short term solution is not an answer. We can still see

Grosso-Cannavaro-Legro-Grygera

it's like Siena on their highest level.

Buy on AliExpress.com

KB824

Sep 16, 2003

Oh God..

He sucked for Italy. He sucked at Inter. He sucked and he will still suck. He's just too slow, clumsy and it's not like he can cross. It's really hard to believe he's our no.1 target and saying he's a short term solution is not an answer. We can still see

Well it looks like its going to happen.

If it were up to me, I would rather invest in 2 young CB's (Santacroce being one of them), and put Chiellini back at LB

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
That's where he started, though.
I see your point but I think he's much better as a central back because he has many strenghts for that position. On the left side he looks clumsy sometimes while his main priority is strenght. He just needs someone smarter next to him and it will make them look world class. On the left side I prefer to have someone who uses speed and someone with much better technique.

Mar 14, 2004

Oh God..

Well my neighbor,just to inform you that against USA he made some crosses I haven't seen long time ago by any Juve fullback and he was among the best on the pitch. An upgrade to all of our fullbacks. And you forgot Chiellini in lineup. BTW,I haven't seen him CLUMSY,rather one of better technique leftbacks.

And then,you have Molinaro,who is the image you've described...

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Well my neighbor,just to inform you that against USA he made some crosses I haven't seen long time ago by any Juve fullback and he was among the best on the pitch. An upgrade to all of our fullbacks. And you forgot Chiellini in lineup. BTW,I haven't seen him CLUMSY,rather one of better technique leftbacks.

And then,you have Molinaro,who is the image you've described...
I didn't forget about Chiellini and it's why I said "we can still see". So he made 1 good cross against USA, big deal.

He might be better than Molinaro, but just by a tad IMO. There's no way I'd give so much money for him.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
He was not and would never become worldclass as a LB, IMHO.
Grosso is an upgrade on molinaro IMO. If Genoa are oging to play it hard with Criscito, at least we'll have someone better than what we have now.

Ideally, having Grosso at left back with De ceglie as his understudy is not a bad option, however, with Santacroce being rumoured, it seems DC may be in that deal.

abejaa

Sep 25, 2006
Grosso is an upgrade on molinaro IMO. If Genoa are oging to play it hard with Criscito, at least we'll have someone better than what we have now.

Ideally, having Grosso at left back with De ceglie as his understudy is not a bad option, however, with Santacroce being rumoured, it seems DC may be in that deal.
:D That's very trrue :D::D

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Its just a thought, that's all.

He was on his way to becoming a world class LB when Ranieri moved him over out of necessity.
It's pretty unlikely he would become a world class LB imo, his characteristics are certainly better suited to the cb position.

And it was actually Deschamps who first moved him to CB, back in Serie B. That happened pretty early in the season iirc, Balzaretti mostly played LB.

OP
Bianconero81

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
  • Thread Starter #216
    He isn't going to be that cheap. Lyon are notoriously tough negotiators. Add to that his potential exorbitant wage demands (for a player his age), the fact that he still has 3 years on his current contract with Lyon (which means he may expect the same from us), and that as of today there were murmurs, rumors, talk being mooted of an exchange with Trez or Camoranesi.

All that really points to, at least in my opinion, is a bad deal. Ludicrous and preposterous if the rumors regarding Trez and Camo are true.

Salvo

J
    Dec 17, 2007
    no way i would move chiellini to left back, he might be a good LB but he is a WC CB when on form, time will only improve him.

Hust

Hustini
    May 29, 2005
    Is it me or is it flat out depressing seeing us linked with these two clowns and losing DC and criscito? I grit my teeth every morning before I read the news trying to prepare myself for what I might see. There are no LBs out there that will make us stronger IMO.

Its a depressing time in my opinion.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)