Fabio Grosso DONE DEAL (73 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

neurosis21

Jun 22, 2004
Well at the moment other LBs are very expensive. Grosso is a reasonable option for a limited budget. He will be, without a doubt, an improvement on Molinaro.

I would love to get someone like Lahm. If that is not possible, I will not say no to a player like Grosso if he comes in cheap.
i agree with you, if we dont/cant spend much and not too many good LBs are available grosso would be a good interim option and an improvent on molinaro

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Bianconero81

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
  • Thread Starter #143
    Fuck this shit, and fuck Grosso. If this really happens, it will be a disgrace! The fans need to protest. Why buy an average player who hasn't been playing well for 3 years now? This is ridiculous. I don't care if he is cheap or not. We need to build a team, not acquire pieces of scrap like Grosso and Cannavaro for a couple of years. Our defense will let us down again next year with all those average players being rumored to us.

Crisctio was the best LB in serie A this year. Ferrara should demand that he come back to base, and ensure everything is done to get him back here. We are Juventus and should not be held to Ransom by clubs like Udinese or pushed around by Genoa.

Mar 30, 2006
    Fuck this shit, and fuck Grosso. If this really happens, it will be a disgrace! The fans need to protest. Why buy an average player who hasn't been playing well for 3 years now? This is ridiculous. I don't care if he is cheap or not. We need to build a team, not acquire pieces of scrap like Grosso and Cannavaro for a couple of years. Our defense will let us down again next year with all those average players being rumored to us.

Crisctio was the best LB in serie A this year. Ferrara should demand that he come back to base, and ensure everything is done to get him back here. We are Juventus and should not be held to Ransom by clubs like Udinese or pushed around by Genoa.
    I bet if Ciro talked to Criscito and made him assurances over his starting spot on the left he would come back.

Ahmed

Principino
    Sep 3, 2006
    Juve near Grosso deal
    Saturday 20 June, 2009

Juventus have made contact with Lyon to put in motion a deal for Italy international full-back Fabio Grosso, according to Il Corriere dello Sport.

The Bianconeri have been looking for a talented left-back all summer, as Cristian Molinaro is out injured until the middle of October.

Paolo De Ceglie, the 22-year-old who plays in the same position, is regarded as too inexperienced and could be at Napoli next season.

Grosso has emerged as Juventus' No 1 target, although they have also checked out Manuel Pasqual and Andrea Dossena.

The Bianconeri have yet to hold any official meetings with Lyon, but interest in Grosso has been registered through the right channels.

His agent Beppe Bozzo is expected to fly to Lyon in the middle of next week to discuss the matter with the French outfit.

Lyon are in the process of rejuvenating their squad, as recently shown by the departure of Juninho Pernambucano.

Grosso is 31 and while Lyon would be reluctant to let him go, they are aware he no longer feature in their long term plans.

One obstacle that could stop the deal going through is the price. Grosso still has two years to run on his contract and won't come cheap.

Lyon are said to want £8.5m for Grosso, who would also demand a contract worth at least £2m a season.

channel4

OP
    Bianconero81

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
    Jan 26, 2009
  • Thread Starter #150
    Lyon are tough negotiators. Let's hope they don't budge from their 8.5 million asking price (which is ridiculous tbh) so that we can go and look elsewhere. No way should we pay more than 3 million pounds for Grosso.

Cronios

Juventolog
    Jun 7, 2004
    I think that the choice to buy Grooso, is a vote of confidence to Molinaro!!

We will bring a quick fix, to please Lippi. Keep Moli the great until he returns back to full strength. And loan out both DC and Criscito.
    Our board does not seem to believe to their potential and the lads know that...
    They are willing to risk losing them and they would only bring them, if they demonstrate super human performances!
    If what Criscito did wasnt enough to bring him back, i cant imagine what would be...

Now if they dont manage to get the call from Lippi instead of Dossena and Grosso,
    we will play with Lippi's choice and our reliable, two year starter, Molinaro...

This front is lost, i have no expectations anymore, only regrets for losing the DC+Criscito potential and tactical versatility!

Lets just hope that we will do better in our right flank now.
    Grygera as a starter and injured Zebina as his sub, is even worse...

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
    Apr 2, 2007
    I think that the choice to buy Grooso, is a vote of confidence to Molinaro!!
    How can you relate everything to Molinaro? :lol:

If we counted so much on Molinaro, don't you think that we weren't going to buy a LB at all? We could just keep DC who would've earned much less than Grosso and we weren't going to spend money on a new player.

Mar 14, 2004

How was he the leftback when Genoa coach started all the games in 3-4-3 formation. You're full of bullshit.

Osman

Koul Khara!
    Aug 30, 2002
    You of all people calling anyone bullshitting :lol:

He played as wingback for Genoa, which is essentially a fullback, regardless of how many CBs there are.

RavaneVialli

Jan 27, 2008
    How can you relate everything to Molinaro? :lol:

If we counted so much on Molinaro, don't you think that we weren't going to buy a LB at all? We could just keep DC who would've earned much less than Grosso and we weren't going to spend money on a new player.
    It's so simple:

Secco is not bringing Criscito back, even if Genoa's voice was decisive, because board have long-term plans with Molinaro -> Molinaro will be starter and our promising youngsters will never get their chance!! -> Keeping De Ceglie and not buying another LB means that board aren't investing in defence -> They want Moli the Great to be still in the starting eleven, only because he's a better defender than DC -> They're sending De Ceglie to Napoli in order to raise funds to buy an experienced LB -> This is a vote of confidence for Molinaro.

backci

Jun 20, 2009
    ı want to ask a question do you want to transfer diego lugano(tota) from turkey,he is soldier,quickly. he stopped drogba,zlatan in champions league last year were you think?

Cronios

Juventolog
    Jun 7, 2004
    It's so simple:

Secco is not bringing Criscito back, even if Genoa's voice was decisive, because board have long-term plans with Molinaro -> Molinaro will be starter and our promising youngsters will never get their chance!! -> Keeping De Ceglie and not buying another LB means that board aren't investing in defence -> They want Moli the Great to be still in the starting eleven, only because he's a better defender than DC -> They're sending De Ceglie to Napoli in order to raise funds to buy an experienced LB -> This is a vote of confidence for Molinaro.
    Thank you:juventus:

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 71)