Fabio Cannavaro (15 Viewers)

Hennes

Sep 3, 2004
How much will he earn per year?
We don't know. There isn't anything official. The last thing I read (on repubblica.it) was 3,2 million Euros for 2 years (Poulsen earns that in one year :sergio: ).

But it's not even quite clear if he has a one-year-contract, a two-year-contract or a one-year-contract with an option for a 2nd year.

We actually only know that if he starts he will be the starter who earns less (rightly so considering his age).

For those who say that he can't teach anything to young defenders: Have you read Chiellini's recent statement? He said that when they were teammates at Juve Canna teached him all sorts of things and constantly helped him. We all know how Chiellini has developped, don't we?

Personally I think Canna will play a more than decent season for us. Don't ask me why, it's just a feeling. When he sucks I'm the first to come back here again after the season to admit I was wrong. :agree:

Buy on AliExpress.com

abejaa

Sep 25, 2006
We don't know. There isn't anything official. The last thing I read (on repubblica.it) was 3,2 million Euros for 2 years (Poulsen earns that in one year :sergio: ).

But it's not even quite clear if he has a one-year-contract, a two-year-contract or a one-year-contract with an option for a 2nd year.

We actually only know that if he starts he will be the starter who earns less (rightly so considering his age).

For those who say that he can't teach anything to young defenders: Have you read Chiellini's recent statement? He said that when they were teammates at Juve Canna teached him all sorts of things and constantly helped him. We all know how Chiellini has developped, don't we?

Personally I think Canna will play a more than decent season for us. Don't ask me why, it's just a feeling. When he sucks I'm the first to come back here again after the season to admit I was wrong. :agree:
Of course he will teach our youngsters how to betray the club when the club really needs them :)...

5% is teaching 95% is hardworking, so Chiellini became a great defender because he works really hard. Why do you believe all the interviews they give, do you expect the players to say, he should have never come back!???? When trezeguet said that he wasn't happy with ranieri during chelsea game when he substituted him, then he sat in the bench for the rest of the season ;)

Oct 3, 2004
I respect and admire Cannavaro for what he has accomplished.

Over on XT forums, I was against his signing given his *current* form. But at the end of the day he came for free, so I guess we can't blame the management for that. What I do blame them for is not spending on a solid central defender - which just indicates the obvious: there will be no additional defender in our team, and Mr. Cannavaro is going to be key player.

That's what worries me- especially in CL football. Otherwise for Serie A I think he should do well.

If it's a short term solution, then fine.

On a positive note, it's been mentioned before in the thread that yes he'll be a good influence to the younger players, possibly Ariaudo, and generally someone respected by everyone in the team :)

Finally, I'm not on this whole "he's a traitor" bandwagon...I won't get into this subject, Thuram, Zlatan, Zambrotta = traitors etc.....I believe it's been milked to death here...don't wanna derail...

Forza Cannavaro!!!

Juventinho

Hamilton saved my ass...
Nov 4, 2004
Also would like to add, he should not be fucking allowed to step in the pitch, really it does not fucking matter how will he play and what will he add, he is a fucking traitor he sold out Juve in the time of need even if he's in the best shape of his entire life he must leave, i have faith in our ultras to drive him away.

Juventinho

Hamilton saved my ass...
Nov 4, 2004
OMG after making this post the first thing i read is '' Juventus Ultras Start Anti-Fabio Cannavaro Protests In Pinzolo''

Hope they keep the hard work till that fucker is no more.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
Yes its very sad when our own fans insult our own players. What are they thinking, will this help the team when they will boo Canavaro? Pathetic Really.

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
If anything. Looking back at Canna performances in the Confederations cup, this could actually be a good thing so he can fucking wake up and play the sodding game properly. Even if it is only for one season. Good luck Cannaboy, you're gonna need it!

Juventinho

Hamilton saved my ass...
Nov 4, 2004
It's official, we have become Inter. First the Zebina insults, now this... What's next?
happened to Zlatan before so don't be so surprised, Arsenal game he was booed by the Juventus fan, and it's not a big deal the club comes before the player traitors and mercenaries and those who do not give this shirt their all are not welcome, very fucking simple.

Gustav

Jul 20, 2008
happened to Zlatan before so don't be so surprised, Arsenal game he was booed by the Juventus fan, and it's not a big deal the club comes before the player traitors and mercenaries and those who do not give this shirt their all are not welcome, very fucking simple.
So let's wait until he plays at least a few games until the insulting-protesting-booing starts, he hasn't even started training yet. Lets give him a fucking chance to prove himself. Not a lot to ask, is it?

abejaa

Sep 25, 2006
OMG after making this post the first thing i read is '' Juventus Ultras Start Anti-Fabio Cannavaro Protests In Pinzolo''

Hope they keep the hard work till that fucker is no more.
ahhhh this has nothing to do with inter... I love what fans are doing :) it's just great, he is a fucking traitor, no matter how good he does, he well he plays for the team he is always gonna be a traitor???!!!

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
hmm not right he is ours now, support the players. i no what he did wasnt right but he is ours lets show true class here guys

abejaa

Sep 25, 2006
So let's wait until he plays at least a few games until the insulting-protesting-booing starts, he hasn't even started training yet. Lets give him a fucking chance to prove himself. Not a lot to ask, is it?
yes let's wait for him to prove him self!!!! until napoli makes him an offer then he leaves to napoli then we are all convinced that he is a traitor!

white_rabbit

Apr 9, 2006
This is ridicules, i was and still against him coming back not because he is a " traitor" but because he is not one-quarter the player he was.

having said that, insulting him will do more harm than good. people think by insulting him they are insulting only him but that's not the case. this will create tension and bad atmosphere within the team. also by doing that aren't they also insulting ciro for fielding him? and insulting the players for playing beside him?

for me, i never considered him a traitor. there were only two traitors (ibra and viera) and when i think about it, I never considered them "loyal" when they were at juve.

anyway, now he will be wearing juve's jersey and i know that he has the character to withstand the booing.

I think proper fans should publicly resent the insulting of any juve player.

Lets start a petition to prove to the world what does it mean to be a juve fan ( i don't know how or i would do it).

Juventinho

Hamilton saved my ass...
Nov 4, 2004
About the people comparing us to Inter for booing our players and making it sound like a crime, when and where exactly did you guys hear that we give amnesty to traitors? i mean Ancelotti first game with Juventus was greeted by a massive banner at the Delle Alpi saying ''Welcome Pig'', his first game and he was our coach. If you truly love this club then you will know what it feels exactly to be dumped and stepped on by a man whore like Fabio, what he did can't and will not be forgiven or forgotten and until that transfer window close there is a chance to get rid of him and correct that mistake.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)