Experiences that changed your life. (1 Viewer)

aimar

Sep 29, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Kaliman ] ++
I saw this cow once, and I thought... "Man! That's a nice cow!"
Ever since that day I get really happy whenever I see or eat a cow. Amazing stuff. Cows are quite funny creatures, they do absolutely nothing but stand around and eat, and take a dump every now and then... yes, those cows are great.
yeah, they're great stuff

Espectro

The Grimreaper
Jul 12, 2002
Well I can tell you that the experience that really change my life was just a few weeks ago, when I had a respiratory attack, I had an infection on my lungs so I couldn't breath, so I lost consience... when I wake up I was on the hospital... I'm ok now, but the doctor told me that if the infection had been more serious I would be dead by now... when a doctor tell you that it changes your life...

Mermaidah

May 18, 2003
Cool thread...:thumb:

Maybe the most important shifting point in my life-which I consider a very painful experience- was 4 years ago, when I had a surgery that lasted for about 9hrs....:frown::down:

Actually, I learned a very important lesson....

I learned the value of life, family, friends, time......everything...!!!
I've become much calmer and wiser...I started to look at things from a different veiw....:)

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
Wow, Fabiana, those robbings sound pretty scary!

Never happens to me in this city. There are two neighbourhoods in this city that have a real high crime rate, people who live there are poor etc. They are Schilderswijk and Laak. I live in Laak (I'm not very rich) and someone once told me that I'm fairly safe because it's a rule in these two neighbourhoods that you "don't rob your own kind" and since I live there, I'm safe.

I have these little things that 'change my life' like a couple of weeks ago; I nearly got hit by a tram (REAL close call, that one) and the relief had me on a high for the rest of the week!

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
I nearly drowned as a kid.. :wallbang:

I had just learnt to swim and we were at this lake to chill. I was about 8-9 at the time. My parents went for a swim so I was by myself and I started swimming without realizing the lake got deep really fast. I swam around a little and then stopped, in a place where it was a little deeper and I started sinking. This woman nearby pulled me up. Freaked me out pretty good at the time.

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
ive never been almost hit by anything, thank God

++ [ originally posted by Matto ] ++

I have these little things that 'change my life' like a couple of weeks ago; I nearly got hit by a tram (REAL close call, that one) and the relief had me on a high for the rest of the week!
whoa how did that happen?

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Alex ] ++
I nearly drowned as a kid.. :wallbang:

I had just learnt to swim and we were at this lake to chill. I was about 8-9 at the time. My parents went for a swim so I was by myself and I started swimming without realizing the lake got deep really fast. I swam around a little and then stopped, in a place where it was a little deeper and I started sinking. This woman nearby pulled me up. Freaked me out pretty good at the time.
haha id have been really freaked out too

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
++ [ originally posted by fabiana-juve ] ++
whoa how did that happen?
I walked up the road from behind one tram, and another one was coming up on the track I just stepped on.

On this picture, I was coming from the back end of the tram, and another tram was coming on full speed from the direction from where the picture was taken, I only just managed to jump out of it's path on time!

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
Ha! actually i didnt feel the gun, if there was one, because if i would had felt it i would had passed out to the floor...

and well I, myself, am not used to it because im pretty cautioned plus i dont live in a bad part of the city but yeah killings and stuff are a very common thing here

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
and well I, myself, am not used to it because im pretty cautioned plus i dont live in a bad part of the city but yeah killings and stuff are a very common thing here
But killings over little things like a watch and a phone, I carry those with me every day! :nervous:

Over here we do have a lot of mafia-liquidations (you know, some hit-man taking out a maffia-bos on the middle of the day in a crowded street) but you can tell yourself you're not at risk as long as you don't get involved in mafia business, you know? With the robbing, well, ANYONE can become a victim!

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
Well, the other day it was in a newspaper that a man got killed for 10,000 Bolívares. wanna know how much 10,000 bolívares are? like 3,25 dollars

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
Well, the other day it was in a newspaper that a man got killed for 10,000 Bolívares. wanna know how much 10,000 bolívares are? like 3,25 dollars
Bloody hell, that's like ... primary school lunch money :dazed:

Well, gtg, early rise tomorrow (at which I'm no good so I better catch some sleep - it's 11.38 in the evening over here)

OP

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
  • Thread Starter #59
    ++ [ originally posted by Matto ] ++
    ...someone once told me that I'm fairly safe because it's a rule in these two neighbourhoods that you "don't rob your own kind" and since I live there, I'm safe.

what kind do they rob then?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)