everybody wants Maresca (2 Viewers)

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by pecker ] ++
You guys are so naiv. Why would Capello dislike Del Piero? He does what he needs to win, not to gain popularity points. He knows ten times as much of Del Piero's current form then any of us.
We are the naive ones? Your posts indicate that you are an intelligent guy but it is clear as day that Capello has something against Del Piero, just like he had something against Montella. Imo it isn't fair to compare DP's form to that of Ibrahimovic's simply because the latter has played so much more. Obviously he is having a better season but Alex should have played more than one full game by now and you can't deny that. To do such a thing would be naive :)

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Again Stuart, you are jumping to conclusions. You are not at the Delle Alpi, sitting on the bench next to Capello. Don't make groundless accusations that lack truthful evidence.

Alexi-10

Oct 13, 2004
I would love to Enzo Maresca come back too Juve and especially in the CM position alonside Emerson. Enzo would definately do well in that position and he can give us a creative spark going forward, he is definately the type of player Juve needs. Juventus has been searching for a CM and have been linked with players like Mourad Meghni, Christian Obodo and Rio Mavuba so I dont think Maresca will be coming back.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
yeah, he would probably suit the current formation and style perfectly. he can create as well as defend. something that is lacking as a player next to emerson right now.

but i doubt he will return, with so many other rumours etc...i think its safe to say moggi, lippi and capello were fools and lossed possibly one of the better midfielders juve and italy could have had in the next few years.

Trezeguet_FC

Mar 26, 2003
Give me a break, one good performance in a 7 - 0 trashing in the CL and a few glimses of elegances (ie his chip for Di Vaio) and we all praise him as if he's the next Zidane or as if he is Juve's saviour. The guy has been part of Juve for over what 4, 5 years? Maybe more or less, too lazy to check the stats, but the FACT OF THE MATTER IS if he had something real quality to contribute to the team, then he would be in Juve's roster. Moggi isn't a complete f*ck head to sell half the share of a real quality player. Don't get me wrong, he is a good player, but last season (the season he played 'good') was one of Juves crappiest seasons. Frankly, he is the poor mans Pirlo and that simply isn't good enough for Juve. In Maresca's position you need the best and nothing but the best, and he does not fulfill those requirements. Emerson's partner needs to be just as good or better than him. NO questions ask. The sad thing is, Juve's central midfielders are nothing special (bar Emerson) so the only solution to our lack of offensive creativity with the current roster is to switch back to the 4-3-1-2 with Nedved as the playmaker.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
No, that just cant stand!

He played more than one good game in the CL. Maresca is a very good player, and he is proving it at Fiorentina as well. He has good passing skills, good defending skills and he is able to push forward and really do good things.

A poor mans Pirlo??? Lets get one thing straight, Pirlo is a star footballer, but you play him in juve's current line up and he will not be half as good. Why do you think he struggles with italy?? IMO that Gattuso helps him out a lot more.

Im not saying that Maresca is great, but he has what it takes and i believe keeping appiah instead of maresca was the biggest midfield mistake made by capello and moggi.

Juve needs a central midfielder who is able to play a two way role very well. a player who can create, maybe be a goalscoring threat as well as help out in the defensive duties...now to me, Maresca is that player and he is proving that with Fiorentina and he always did that well in previous seasons at Piancenza and wherever else he played!

I would give tacchinardi and appiah to fiorentina to have maresca back right now!

Dec 26, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Adrian ] ++
No, that just cant stand!

He played more than one good game in the CL. Maresca is a very good player, and he is proving it at Fiorentina as well. He has good passing skills, good defending skills and he is able to push forward and really do good things.

A poor mans Pirlo??? Lets get one thing straight, Pirlo is a star footballer, but you play him in juve's current line up and he will not be half as good. Why do you think he struggles with italy?? IMO that Gattuso helps him out a lot more.

Im not saying that Maresca is great, but he has what it takes and i believe keeping appiah instead of maresca was the biggest midfield mistake made by capello and moggi.

Juve needs a central midfielder who is able to play a two way role very well. a player who can create, maybe be a goalscoring threat as well as help out in the defensive duties...now to me, Maresca is that player and he is proving that with Fiorentina and he always did that well in previous seasons at Piancenza and wherever else he played!

I would give tacchinardi and appiah to fiorentina to have maresca back right now!

Anyday.....

OP
Maresca

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
  • Thread Starter #73
    not only in fiorentina he is the best, he was the best in Piacenza, and for juve last season..

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
    Oct 27, 2004
    he was good in Juventus. He was just dumped... cruely... I'm sure he wont return. He has been treated like trash in Juventus. Eventhough he delivered...

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
    Well, this is such a hurtful reality, I mean it seems all half owned juve players in Fiorentina are doing very well. Maresca, Miccoli and Chillieni have been very good this season. Actually I think Maresca is maturing more in Fiorentina, Last Year I saw him as having the skills and potential, but not at Juve's Level yet, but after his stay in Fiorentina I think he has it now, if we should ever decide to bring him back.

I guess that's y they sold half their contracts only, coz they know these guys have real potential. But then again, Miccoli might well be sold entirely to fiorentina from what i heard.

Eaglesnake_1

Mar 28, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Adrian ] ++
    yeah, he would probably suit the current formation and style perfectly. he can create as well as defend. something that is lacking as a player next to emerson right now.

but i doubt he will return, with so many other rumours etc...i think its safe to say moggi, lippi and capello were fools and lossed possibly one of the better midfielders juve and italy could have had in the next few years.
    yeah, right

Moggi, Lippi and Capello are fools who doesnt know nothing about the players in serie A.. They probably get their positions cheating or by luck.

Fortunately, you are unmasking them;)

thank you.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
    no, they obviously know what they are doing. but if you agree that appiah is better than maresca and that losing a player who has more offensive skills and plays the 4-4-2 system better than 3 out of the 4 central midfielders the squad has, then you need to pinch yourself.

Besides Emerson, who can really move forward well from a central position?? Appiah is all hype and no go. Tacchinardi and blasi?? Come on, Maresca has more skill and is better than all 3!

what i never could understand is why Capello never kept the kept the sub for Emerson. He kept Tacchinardi, Blasi and Appiah, but gave away Maresca...surely he must have realised that if Emerson isnt on the field, no one could come on and push forward.

Capello and Moggi obvisouly know more than all of us, but they f*cked up on Maresca.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)