ever met a pro footballer? (1 Viewer)

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Erik ] ++
And you spoke English with them, right?
Well, I didn't meet them all together, so I spoke a variety of languages, but with Bergkamp, Stam, R. De Boer, and Van der Sar I did speak English. I spoke Italian with Daivds, and Spanish with Frank De Boer.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
++ [ originally posted by Rickenbacker2 ] ++
Well, I didn't meet them all together, so I spoke a variety of languages, but with Bergkamp, Stam, R. De Boer, and Van der Sar I did speak English. I spoke Italian with Daivds, and Spanish with Frank De Boer.
OK, just wondering. Because a friend of mine had run into Davids in Amsterdam (during his time at Ajax) but they had trouble talking as Davids (apparently so) speaks with a thick accent.

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Erik ] ++
OK, just wondering. Because a friend of mine had run into Davids in Amsterdam (during his time at Ajax) but they had trouble talking as Davids (apparently so) speaks with a thick accent.
He spoke Italian well enough for me.

Bongiovi

Jul 12, 2002
Met David Beckham numerous times as he shops on King Street where I work....he goes in Armani, Calvin Klein etc, where as I just look in the windows!....he and his wife use the opticians underneth where I work so they are quite often in the building...

Beckham & Co, Giggs, Neville Bros etc go in Living Room quite a bit so quite often see them in there....and a girl who I work with used to go out with Roy Keane!!

Shouted and thrown a programme to Davids, Kluivert and Seedorf at the AmsterdamArena for them to sign, Seedorf threw it back, glad his feet have better co-ordination than his hands!

but thats it...

OP
Anders

Anders

Dec 13, 2002
  • Thread Starter #27
    I started this thread to talk about the pro footballers we've met, but I wanna change it a bit. Something happended to me today and I wanna tell you all about it. Lets talk about meeting all kinds of celebrities, not just footballers.

I was having a really crappy day. But on my way home today, something really cool happended. I was walking in a really fancy neighbourhood in Copenhagen. Then I noticed three police cars, followed by a couple of PET cars (PET = Danish intelligence service). Then by alot of guards on their horses. I was thinking 'what the hell is going on here!' anyway... behind them a small coach followed, and in the coach was the Queen of Denmark! They rolled right by me really slow. I waved at the Queen and she waved back! Cool! But then some agent told me to piss off. :groan:

Cool of her to wave back... maybe thoose royalties aren't that uptight as I thougt they were. :)

Some american tourist ask me who it was, and when I told him he wouldn't believe me. But his wife convinced him when she showed him a picture in her tourist guidebook thingy. Nice little bonus to their visit in Denmark.

NeLLy

Dec 6, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Karlberg ] ++
    I started this thread to talk about the pro footballers we've met, but I wanna change it a bit. Something happended to me today and I wanna tell you all about it. Lets talk about meeting all kinds of celebrities, not just footballers.

I was having a really crappy day. But on my way home today, something really cool happended. I was walking in a really fancy neighbourhood in Copenhagen. Then I noticed three police cars, followed by a couple of PET cars (PET = Danish intelligence service). Then by alot of guards on their horses. I was thinking 'what the hell is going on here!' anyway... behind them a small coach followed, and in the coach was the Queen of Denmark! They rolled right by me really slow. I waved at the Queen and she waved back! Cool! But then some agent told me to piss off. :groan:

Cool of her to wave back... maybe thoose royalties aren't that uptight as I thougt they were. :)

Some american tourist ask me who it was, and when I told him he wouldn't believe me. But his wife convinced him when she showed him a picture in her tourist guidebook thingy. Nice little bonus to their visit in Denmark.

cool you saw your Queen:cool:

BigIzz

Jul 12, 2002
    My Mom and Dad witnessed the Presidental motorcade pass when we were visiting Washington DC once. Kinda hard to miss though, police cars with sirens blasting, a dozen or so Suburbans followed by 2 or three stretch limos, then a few more support vehicles after that. She said Bill Clinton ever waved at her...imagine, Bill Clinton making a pass at my mom :D

OP
    Anders

Anders

Dec 13, 2002
  • Thread Starter #31
    Cool!
    When Bill was visiting Denmark I saw his car drive by too! Didn't actually see him though :groan:

Ferrari^M

Sep 3, 2002
    I got to meet some of them when they came to play here in cyprus with a local team for the uefa cup. You can't imagine how happy i was :)

Well i got autographs from

Del Piero (YYYYYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY)
    Montero
    Ancelloti and Inzaghi :(
    Ferrara
    Van de Sar which i regreted since he was standing next to davids and i didn't know which to give the paper for an autograph, and Van de Sar just took it out of my hand signed it and they got away. :(
    Oh and Roberto Bettega the old Juve legent

nina

Feb 18, 2001
    I met almost all Lazio players. I have this great Crespo pic in his flashy car :cool: I was sitting next to Lopez this summer in the pizza place after the Lazio-Milan game :D He was dinning there with his wife/girlfriend.

Saw a Roma training and saw them from a few feet away but didn't bother to get autographs or pics :angel:

The whole Slovenian NT :touched:

Amoroso when I was in Dortmund ... wouldn't even recognize him if my dad wouldn't be with me (he's a fan of Borussia) :D

Dj Juve

Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Ferrari^M ] ++

Van de Sar which i regreted since he was standing next to davids and i didn't know which to give the paper for an autograph, and Van de Sar just took it out of my hand signed it and they got away. :(

if u hate it throw it away :)

harry

Mar 4, 2003
    I met Baichung Bhutia too... even got to talk football with him. This was two years back - World cup qualifiers.... I also got to shake hands with all the players from Saudi Arabia (yeah - they are the guys who got whipped by Germany - but hey.. at least they made it!)..
    I've seen Overmars (froma distance) in Amsterdam.

juvelover

Jul 13, 2002
    i met atletico madrid team in preseason in marbella i took pictures with kiko and vieiry .

i am a friend of famous footballer in kuwait named bashar abdula he is my friend since university (classmates) he is good guy just talked with him today .

i met zenden , ronald and frank de beor in london momo's resturant they were sitting in the table next to me they were nice.

and i met one big arrogant bastard called anelka arsenal days in london (trocodairo) and he was realy bad person .

and about celebs i met tara reid and she was drunk in a yakht in cannes last may .

forigen minister of UAE al noaimi ,, he was sitting next to me in swiss air flight from malaga to geneva he was kind and nice and we talked about politics .

and lots of ministers and actors and sinayors from kuwait

i mentioned only the poeple who i contacted abd talked to about seeing without any contatct there are more

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by juvelover ] ++
    i met atletico madrid team in preseason in marbella i took pictures with kiko and vieiry .

i am a friend of famous footballer in kuwait named bashar abdula he is my friend since university (classmates) he is good guy just talked with him today .

i met zenden , ronald and frank de beor in london momo's resturant they were sitting in the table next to me they were nice.

and i met one big arrogant bastard called anelka arsenal days in london (trocodairo) and he was realy bad person .

and about celebs i met tara reid and she was drunk in a yakht in cannes last may .

forigen minister of UAE al noaimi ,, he was sitting next to me in swiss air flight from malaga to geneva he was kind and nice and we talked about politics .

and lots of ministers and actors and sinayors from kuwait

i mentioned only the poeple who i contacted abd talked to about seeing without any contatct there are more
    dood a friend of mine went to the church i used to go to in kuwait. al-kaneesa NECK

from ghana, he played for a local club in salmiya when i lived in fahaheel.

btw i met bhutia he autographed my boots and came to my school in ooty about 4 years ago...great guy. reebok man i remember.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)