Ever Banega (10 Viewers)

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
What do you mean you doubt it...in the past few years they have beaten top european sides..like Milan and Real...Boca is a very strong team thats only underrated because they dont play in the CL

Haha, true but in a direct encounter between Boca and Empoli, now that´s a different story.
Are you really saying that Empoli has a chance against Boca??

pavelnedved

official nedved copy
Jul 15, 2006
What a senseless point to make (oooh they have different style or pace, like it means anything, Belgian football is crap, that one has to adapt to new inviroment is natural), Boca except this last WCW loss against Milan, has allways fucked up CL champions in the intercontinental finals quite royally to boot. They have owned the Copa Libertadores, the CL of South america (the continent that constantly produced and has monopoly on having the best players in the world) in modern times and are a great team.

So you cant imagine how insanely embarrassing and clueless you are being for saying "it might be the same difficulty"...in regards to frigging Boca, one of the biggiest teams in the history of the sport, with frigging relegation candidate and bottom feeding Empoli of Serie A.
you're taking it out of context here. like i said Boca (or any good south-american team) is way better than empoli. what i'm saying is that in south-america they play another kind of football than in europe, the kind of football of here many years ago when it was still a technical sport. Football however has changed and became much more physical in europe. So my point is that these technical geniuses of boca would struggle, indeed, in serie a. The other way around ? doesn't matter as we're talking about south-americans coming to europe and not the other way around.

so i would rather get a talented south-american playing for "frigging relegation candidate and bottom feeding Empoli of Serie A" than one of "Boca, one of the biggiest teams in the history of the sport".

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
you're taking it out of context here. like i said Boca (or any good south-american team) is way better than empoli. what i'm saying is that in south-america they play another kind of football than in europe, the kind of football of here many years ago when it was still a technical sport. Football however has changed and became much more physical in europe. So my point is that these technical geniuses of boca would struggle, indeed, in serie a. The other way around ? doesn't matter as we're talking about south-americans coming to europe and not the other way around.

so i would rather get a talented south-american playing for "frigging relegation candidate and bottom feeding Empoli of Serie A" than one of "Boca, one of the biggiest teams in the history of the sport".
So would you rather Nicola Pozzi or Rodrigo Palacio??

Because that has to be one of the most ridiculous statements I've seen on these forums ever..and thats saying something

pavelnedved

official nedved copy
Jul 15, 2006
So would you rather Nicola Pozzi or Rodrigo Palacio??

Because that has to be one of the most ridiculous statements I've seen on these forums ever..and thats saying something
well that's pretty lame argument cause the one player could be way more talented than the other

this comparison of yours would be better : would you rather get Palacio playing for bottom seeded Empoli or Palacio playing for top spot Boca ?

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
well that's pretty lame argument cause the one player could be way more talented than the other

this comparison of yours would be better : would you rather get Palacio playing for bottom seeded Empoli or Palacio playing for top spot Boca ?
Its not just Palacio and Pozzi...Bocas players are so much better than Empolis and Boca as a team is light years ahead of Empoli..and thats an understatement

I cant believe i'm having this argument anyway.

pavelnedved

official nedved copy
Jul 15, 2006
Its not just Palacio and Pozzi...Bocas players are so much better than Empolis and Boca as a team is light years ahead of Empoli..and thats an understatement

I cant believe i'm having this argument anyway.
but that's exactly what i've said twice man. boca has way more talented players ....

BUT if one of their talents were shining at our bottom seeded than i would definitely prefer him over the same talent playing top in argentina, and he can take all his copa libertadores experience with him.

which doesn't mean that the latter wouldn't make in italy. he'll need time to adjust to italian football but nonethless it's more of gamble anyway

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
but that's exactly what i've said twice man. boca has way more talented players ....

BUT if one of their talents were shining at our bottom seeded than i would definitely prefer him over the same talent playing top in argentina, and he can take all his copa libertadores experience with him.

which doesn't mean that the latter wouldn't make in italy. he'll need time to adjust to italian football but nonethless it's more of gamble anyway
Are you referring to Almiron??

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
What do you mean you doubt it...in the past few years they have beaten top european sides..like Milan and Real...Boca is a very strong team thats only underrated because they dont play in the CL
no they are a good side but top in europe no way.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Are you really saying that Empoli has a chance against Boca??
Hey, they've beaten Milan at San Siro, so why not Boca. :xmas:
Empoli do have some of the most talented youngsters in Italy (Giovinco, Marzoratti, Pozzi, Raggi, Marchisio, Piccolo), almost all of them owned by Juve and Milan and if this team stays together for 4-5 more years i'd go as far as saying that they might even get a CL spot.
Since the talent is there, even now they are able to play a great match once in a while and beat a favorite.
In 3 out of 10 they're able to beat Boca Juniors but no doubt that Boca will be a huge favorite if they play Empoli.

As for Boca, if they were in Europe they'd have been winning 1st or 2nd place in their CL group regularly and since luck decides much from there on, sometimes they'd have been eliminated in round 2, sometimes in quarters, sometimes even in the semi or the final. European Top10 quality, for sure.

May 22, 2007
Hey, they've beaten Milan at San Siro, so why not Boca. :xmas:
Empoli do have some of the most talented youngsters in Italy (Giovinco, Marzoratti, Pozzi, Raggi, Marchisio, Piccolo), almost all of them owned by Juve and Milan and if this team stays together for 4-5 more years i'd go as far as saying that they might even get a CL spot.
Don't forget Davide Morororororororororororororororo!

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
At the moment Juve cant risk that an investment is a flop.In two years maybe we can but this times its important to get a strong expierenced Team as fast as possible.

I would normally agree with this considering the sitaution we are in, but when its this huge of a talent, its something we should seriously gamble on. I dont mean despite the price, but with reasonable price and get him early before regretting it or he is out of price range.

Regarding the other poster still hampering about Southamericans not suiting calcio, the difference between their football and calcio (or soutern european football) is a small one. The likes of Kaka, Recoba, Adriano and many others got from the home continent to calcio instantly and showcased themselves without any stopgaps in adaption. This is not some scruffy belgian football, not much of a shock in difference in football or culturally.

And the fool questioning Boca being able to end top team (in what league btw? not that you bother reasoning), the argie league is getting more and more poorer, but despite that Boca churn out talents like nothing and know how to build a champion team. If they were in europe they would easily earn money and get richer, and even stronger then they are when they are poorer (and still fuck up CL champs like that have for years).

Thunderball

May 4, 2007
I agree with Osman... we're not talking about some marginal young star here... Ever Banega has proven elite at every level he's played at and was simply dominant at the U20 WC, close or occasionally on par with Aguero, who received a stellar offer himself.

He's the kind of midfielder Juventus should be after... good passer, good stopper, good playmaker. The total package.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)