'that story about people climbing buildings by Luc Besson '

Life is Beautiful

Bend it Like Beckham

Dog Soldiers

Run Lola Run

Febrina

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by sallyinzaghi ] ++
European movies I like are Malena and La Vita E Bella. La Vita E Bella brought tears.
Both are great! :thumb:
I watched an italian movie called 'Mia Per Sempre' but it was long time ago.
A french movie 'Amelie' was cool too :)

Ramin

vBookie Champion
Nov 18, 2003

"Irréversible" .. now thats one crazy and wierd movie.. in it?

I went to watch when it first came out in Cinema's, not knowing what the hell the movie was all about nor it was a europian movie but just because Monica Bellucci was in it :p .. so the movie starts and the cinema is almost full house .. 15 minutes passes and i didnt know what the hell was going on and then i see some people were leaving because of the disturbing images .. another ten minutes passes and i see more people leaving ...by the end of the movie i understood what was going on and by then almost 80% of the people were gone.

SilvLightning

Sep 1, 2002
I just watched "Italian for Beginners" in Danish and some Italian.
Not the best movie I've seen but it was ok. However, the one thing that I really didn't like was that I had to read the captions. But they do mention Juventus a couple of times.:D :touched:

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Andre 3000 ] ++
My favorite European movie, although its pretty old now, is Cinema Paradiso.

I always try to watch that film whenever possible.

"La Piazza e Mia" "La Piazza e Mia!!!"
I watched it today because I gotta do a project about it, which you will be helping me :D, and I cant stop thinking about it. I liked it a lot, very different from the usual Hollywood bullshit I watch.

Also I liked The Pianist a lot, great performance by Adrien Brody.

And Amèlie, weird movie, but it was still good

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
++ [ originally posted by kurvengeflüster ] ++
I want to add "Das Wunder von Bern" Germany and Switzerland 2003, by Sönke Wortmann

Is it European?? yes, I guess :)
i am searching for Das Wunder von Bern for ages... still couldnt find em.. loooking forward to see it..

Jul 19, 2003
"Night on Earth" is one of my favorites. It's basically about five simultaneous encounters of cab drivers with passengers in New York, LA, Paris, Rome, and Hellinski.

Watch it and tell me what you think.......although it may be hard to find, I assume, since it's not related to Hollywood.

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
' The Miracle of Bern '.... from what i heard its about West germany miracle victory over Puskac's Hungary to win the world cup 54...the film receive a lot of credit for the similarity of the actor to their actual role ...
in other words, this is the closest i can get to watch Puskac play..:D

but of coz the people of germany who actually saw the movie can elaborate much further...

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
the pianist is popular here, a lot because of the resemblance its name has to a man's "scud" :D

another one: the man without a past. directed by aki Kaurismaki. watch it.

btw when u say european u dont mean just continental do you? because then id add trainspotting to the list

OP
Slagathor

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
  • Thread Starter #40
    I just watched this film again for the second time and it rules. I noticed I haven't mentioned it before in this thread so here goes:

La stanza del figlio is a great Italian film of how a family copes with the loss and hurt when the son dies. The English title is "The son's room" but that doesn't do justice to it's original title as "Stanza" can be translated as both "room" and "verse" (as in a poem), which really means much more.

Now, I know what you're thinking. God another drama. But that's not the case. This is no Hollywood style film and the story is brought to you very, VERY well. It's never boring, always fascinating and sometimes so real it becomes frightening.

MASTERPIECE :star::star::star::star::star:

As can be expected from director Nanni Moretti of course.

More information:
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0208990/

Trailer:
    http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?d=hv&cf=trailer&id=1807793645

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)