Europe - European Integration (1 Viewer)

Ford Prefect

May 28, 2009
Having seen a question posed by Martin, i was interested in what other Europeans (by extension what others think) about what it is to be European, how you feel about European Integration and the future of Europe.

I view myself as firstly European, part of a continent that has over 2500 years of recorded history (that isnt a dig at the US) and as a result we cant simply trace our hereditary roots from one country (or one area ie. scandinavia, benelux, eastern bloc etc.), especially the English, who seem to have an aryan complex. And after being European i am British, then English and then Home Counties (yes the British are that petty).

My view on the EU/Integration is that our future is not in segragation/petty nationalism but in federalism, it is unavoidable. Mearsheimer has suggested that the future of Europe as a peaceful continent is in integration, he put forward an argument that suggested when the US pulled out from Europe, we will fall back into war unless we integrate.

Buy on AliExpress.com

IrishZebra

Western Imperialist
Jun 18, 2006
Helloooo :D

You made me a big 'aul tread just for me...how thoughtfull.

Anyway,

Human Being-European (Federalist)-Irishman-Dub-North Dub

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
ßüякε;2251553 said:
I'll believe in European integration when I can buy a beer at any corner pub and fuck any woman I want to openly in most any Middle Eastern country.
Did you try it out?

Guardian

Dec 28, 2005
Having seen a question posed by Martin, i was interested in what other Europeans (by extension what others think) about what it is to be European, how you feel about European Integration and the future of Europe.

I view myself as firstly European, part of a continent that has over 2500 years of recorded history (that isnt a dig at the US) and as a result we cant simply trace our hereditary roots from one country (or one area ie. scandinavia, benelux, eastern bloc etc.), especially the English, who seem to have an aryan complex. And after being European i am British, then English and then Home Counties (yes the British are that petty).

My view on the EU/Integration is that our future is not in segragation/petty nationalism but in federalism, it is unavoidable. Mearsheimer has suggested that the future of Europe as a peaceful continent is in integration, he put forward an argument that suggested when the US pulled out from Europe, we will fall back into war unless we integrate.
Imagine Europe as a body, human body. Italian peninsula looks like a boot, Iberian like a head etc. Well I live in Europe's bum, that's exactly what my country is.
My point is that there are different parts of Europe. What part do you refer to? Bum? Butt? Bottom? No wonder that my country's name starts with "B".

Being a cell from Europe's bum and knowing the taste of shit, I'll be very happy to be considered as a Brain cell. Hopefully one day I'll really transform into a Brain cell and integrate in the cortex.

On the other hand, aren't we all only cells in the end? There's no body that can survive without bum.

OP
Ford Prefect

Ford Prefect

May 28, 2009
  • Thread Starter #16
    Imagine Europe as a body, human body. Italian peninsula looks like a boot, Iberian like a head etc. Well I live in Europe's bum, that's exactly what my country is.
    My point is that there are different parts of Europe. What part do you refer to? Bum? Butt? Bottom? No wonder that my country's name starts with "B".

Being a cell from Europe's bum and knowing the taste of shit, I'll be very happy to be considered as a Brain cell. Hopefully one day I'll really transform into a Brain cell and integrate in the cortex.

On the other hand, aren't we all only cells in the end? There's no body that can survive without bum.
    I have been to Sofia, i went for a week a few years ago and stayed on Makedonia Boulavard, which is really close to ministry of justice. I think you stand to benefit a lot when you are fully members of the EU. Sofia is a lovely city its a shame that its been ruined by all the communist iconography, i remember the main park had a massive monument and the hammer and sickle had been removed and the rest was covered in graffiti which i found interesting. One of the main things i noticed was that the older generations where very unwelcoming towards westerners such as my friends and myself whereas the younger people really wanted to meet us and talk to us. I dont know that if that is related to years of german and soviet oppression or just a natural distrust of the west.

IrishZebra

Western Imperialist
    Jun 18, 2006
    The dream of the new accession states :tup:

Once you guys sort out the coruption you're gonna get about 4Billion in structural loans, then you'll be one of us!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)