[Europa League]Trabzonspor 0-2 JUVENTUS (Feb. 27th 2014) (18 Viewers)

MoM

• Buffon

• Ogbonna

• Bonucci

• Caceres

• Isla

• Marchisio

• Vidal

• Giovinco

• Osvaldo

• Peluso

• Barzagli

Results are only viewable after voting.

frzl

Apr 15, 2006
afaik there is a very good chance that we will be seeded in pot 2 next season if we don´t fuck up completely.
it´s still quite important to get as many points as possible though, because next year we will lose the 09/10 season where we earned quite some points compared to the two seasons after (yeah i know :sergio:).
it looks like the groups might be more balanced than this season. mostly because (if everything goes according to plan) city, dortmund, paris and juve will all be in pot 2 and the two strongest teams in pot 3 will be napoli (who we can´t get) and liverpool.

Emmet

Apr 5, 2006
We need to go very far in the EL to avoid being in pot 3 for next season, at least the semis (and win every match until the semis, no draws)

Nejc

May 13, 2006
this!!

is there anyone capable of predicting how far we would have to get in the EL to get in pot 2? i cant seem to find an updated list on the coefficient points
Juve are currently 24th ranked team by UEFA coefficients. To get to pot 2 a team needs to be among 16 best ranked teams. Right now it looks like 6 teams above Juve (Valencia, Milan, Inter, Lyon, Marseille, and Rubin Kazan) might miss next years CL. There is also Schalke, but I expect them to get the fourth place in Bundesliga. In you remove those 6 teams, Juve gets to 18th place. Directly above Juve there are Leverkusen, Zenit and Man City. Zenit and Leverkusen probably won't get anymore points this year so to overtake them Juve needs to get 4 coef points, 5 to be sure.

I think four more wins would get Juve above Leverkusen, Zenit and City but a lot depends on other teams, mainly those I listed above.

frzl

Apr 15, 2006
can´t guarantee that there aren´t any mistakes but imo it looks like this:
green: teams which are set to qualify for the cl next season. note that some of those will have to go to the play-offs first. many will be seeded and get an "easy" opponent but there is every chance 1 or 2 will go out.
red: teams which wouldn´t qualify for the cl as of now. this could of course change. so for example marseille or lyon could overtake lille (bad for juve). but it could also go the other way around: for example wolfsburg has every chance to overtake schalke and take their spot (good for juve).

on the right you can see the "current seedings". so what the pots would look like as of now.
basel and olympiacos are still in the running and could overtake us if we fuck up.
yesterday olympiacos beat manu 2:0 and basel drew 0:0 away to maccabi tel aviv.

as i said: i´m not an expert at this so please let me know if there is any error in reasoning :)

piotrr

Мodеrator
Sep 13, 2011
Juve are currently 24th ranked team by UEFA coefficients. To get to pot 2 a team needs to be among 16 best ranked teams. Right now it looks like 6 teams above Juve (Valencia, Milan, Inter, Lyon, Marseille, and Rubin Kazan) might miss next years CL. There is also Schalke, but I expect them to get the fourth place in Bundesliga. In you remove those 6 teams, Juve gets to 18th place. Directly above Juve there are Leverkusen, Zenit and Man City. Zenit and Leverkusen probably won't get anymore points this year so to overtake them Juve needs to get 4 coef points, 5 to be sure.

I think four more wins would get Juve above Leverkusen, Zenit and City but a lot depends on other teams, mainly those I listed above.
Don't forget there are 5 english teams above us, while only 4 will be able to participate in CL.

petersmit

Mar 14, 2006
so we need to win this... win both matches against fiorentina.. and hope we can win at least one match against the team after that... that'll most likely get us in pot 2?

Tanu_Mz

Jan 5, 2014
Vidal should be the only starter. we can score one goal with any lineup so we are through already...
it reminds me of a good old joke about All Blacks greatest, Jonah Lomu.
New Zealand are playing vs England and Lomu scores 4 tries in the first 5 minutes. His team-mates get bored so tell him "hey Jonah, this is fucking boring, we'll go down to the pub and wait for you while you finish them off.
At the end of the game, while the lads are having a few pints at the pub, they decide to switch the telly on to check the score "New Zealand - England 81-7"; in the meantime great Jonah arrives at the pub and Fiztpatrick asks "Hey Jonah, how the fuck did you let them score a try?!?!?"
Sorry guys, I got sent off ....

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
Apr 19, 2003
so we need to win this... win both matches against fiorentina.. and hope we can win at least one match against the team after that... that'll most likely get us in pot 2?
This will for sure get us pot 2.
But see frzl's post i quoted,he explained it really well and right.
Actually we might even get the 2nd pot as it is now,but we better take care of our own destiny and not hope for other to fuck up(Basel,Olympiacos).
With another 3-4 wins will pass Leverkuzen,Zenit and maybe City = 100% 2ns pot next year.
can´t guarantee that there aren´t any mistakes but imo it looks like this:
green: teams which are set to qualify for the cl next season. note that some of those will have to go to the play-offs first. many will be seeded and get an "easy" opponent but there is every chance 1 or 2 will go out.
red: teams which wouldn´t qualify for the cl as of now. this could of course change. so for example marseille or lyon could overtake lille (bad for juve). but it could also go the other way around: for example wolfsburg has every chance to overtake schalke and take their spot (good for juve).

on the right you can see the "current seedings". so what the pots would look like as of now.
basel and olympiacos are still in the running and could overtake us if we fuck up.
yesterday olympiacos beat manu 2:0 and basel drew 0:0 away to maccabi tel aviv.

as i said: i´m not an expert at this so please let me know if there is any error in reasoning :)
:agree:
:tup:

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
Apr 19, 2003
I'm at work.. i can't see the picture he added :(
Current ranking:
1.Barca
2.Bayern
3.Real
4.Chelsea
5.ManU
6.Benfica
7.Arsenal
8.Atletico
9.Valencia
10.Milan

11.Porto
12.Schalke
13.Inter
14.Lyon

15.Donetsk
16.Dortmund
17.PSG
18.City
19.Tottenham
20.Zenit
21.Leverkusen
22.Marseille
23.Rubin Kazan

24.Juve
25.Basel
26.CSKA
27.Olympiacos

Bolded teams will(probably) not be in the CL next year.
Current Seeding:
1.Barca
2.Bayern
3.Real
4.Chelsea
5.Benfica
6.Arsenal
7.Atletico
8.Porto
9.Schalke
10.Donetsk
11.Dortmund
12.PSG
13.City
14.Zenit
15.Leverkusen
16.Juve

petersmit

Mar 14, 2006
thanx! Though i expect 3 of those bolded teams to qualify for the CL.. we need to win a couple matches.. that is all :) it's looking good for us to actually get our asses back in Pot 2

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Conte disregards the cup, i am sure that he will do anything to risk it, expect many subs...
I think so too. We won't sacrifice it, but we will take a risk.

Europa League will become more meaningful to us only if we make a nice difference in serie A. After the next two matches in serie A (A-Milan, H- Fiorentina) we will have a pretty easy schedule in the last 11 rounds of serie A (the two tough matches being the ones away to Napoli and Roma). In the next two rounds Roma have Inter and Napoli. IF we finish the next two weeks with a nice +9 pts advantage to Roma, we might actually make the EL a priority after that. This means that if we eliminate Trabzonspor and Fiorentina in EL, from the 1/4 finals on we could take the EL seriously. In short, the results Juve and Roma will get in serie A in the following 2-3 weeks will decide how will Juve perform in Europe. If Roma keeps track with us, then I'm afraid we will risk EL and eventually get eliminated somewhere in March or early April. If we stand strong in serie A, then we could even dream about playing the best players in EL and maybe even win it in the end.

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
Apr 19, 2003
thanx! Though i expect 3 of those bolded teams to qualify for the CL.. we need to win a couple matches.. that is all :) it's looking good for us to actually get our asses back in Pot 2
It does.;)

And who you think will make it?
The only one who has maybe a decent chance to make it is Lyon OR Marseille in the Ligue1,they along with Lille,Saint Etienne and Bordeaux are all fighting for 1 spot.
But we should be able to pass this year at least Leverkusen and Zenit who are both will be out after one more loss(both away to PSG and Dortmund) in the CL.
So we'll be fine as long as we at least pass(Win :xfinger:) Trabzon and Viola as well.

- - - Updated - - -

I think so too. We won't sacrifice it, but we will take a risk.

Europa League will become more meaningful to us only if we make a nice difference in serie A. After the next two matches in serie A (A-Milan, H- Fiorentina) we will have a pretty easy schedule in the last 11 rounds of serie A (the two tough matches being the ones away to Napoli and Roma). In the next two rounds Roma have Inter and Napoli. IF we finish the next two weeks with a nice +9 pts advantage to Roma, we might actually make the EL a priority after that. This means that if we eliminate Trabzonspor and Fiorentina in EL, from the 1/4 finals on we could take the EL seriously. In short, the results Juve and Roma will get in serie A in the following 2-3 weeks will decide how will Juve perform in Europe. If Roma keeps track with us, then I'm afraid we will risk EL and eventually get eliminated somewhere in March or early April. If we stand strong in serie A, then we could even dream about playing the best players in EL and maybe even win it in the end.
Agree.
Makes sense.

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
Hopefully i wont have to cringe when watching us tonight, last weeks performance was an embarrassment tbh. I hope this is our last season with the 5-3-2 it really is time for a change.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
Im just glad that the official made a judgement call in our favour because a more hesisant reff would have given their goal and we would probably be going out tonight.

Our standard of play was awful because in this system the WBs are key and when you have 2 awful wingbacks things turn ugly.

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
Apr 19, 2003
Let's hope Peluso and Isla do well tonight.

Latest probable line up:

Buffon
Caceres-Bonucci-Ogbonna
Isla-Vidal-Marchisio-Pogba-Peluso
Osvaldo-Gio

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 18)