[Europa League] Shamrock Rovers 0-2 JUVENTUS (July 29th, 2010) (102 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DVS

Must be patient
Nov 13, 2008
I godda say it was nice to see the boys play a meaningful game. Even though Juve isn't the quality side we would all like the to be. It is what it is and beats the hell out of talking about a dissappointing Mercato.

SRFC-HOOP

Jul 26, 2010
I for one think it was quite nice to witness a passionate home crowd! You guys stood your ground well and I hope you'll fare well in the league. I don't oppose the chanting, as I think every team (especially if it's a minor one) will haul whatever flies at their opponents - and so it should be!

Anyway, You showed yer class by applauding the Captain and that hillarious 'You'll never play for Rovers' -chant!

As I live in Denmark I sadly wont be seeing You at Modena, but cheers for yer attitude and spirit.:juventus:
thank you i do not understand why everybody is so angry about chanting ?? i believe all chanting is acceptable unless it is about hillsborough or some big disaster !

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
Juventino[RUS];2612555 said:
ok thanks for lesson, but drunken people right?
A drunken bunch of goons...A drunken fued...A drunken fool...all are fine, in English. Its just another adjective...the root of drunkenness.

so yes, Drunken people, is fine.

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
Nope you shouldn't say drunken you should say drunk

I am drunk, you are drunk, he is drunk and so on
Juventino[RUS];2612555 said:
ok thanks for lesson, but drunken people right?
Drunken means habitually drunk.

You don't say "You are drunken," (at least, that's quite odd). You say "The Exxon Valdez had a drunken captain."

What team do you follow Mikh?
UCD, my old university team (and I grew up in the area too). We tend to have a very young team - we're the de facto youth academy for the league*. We're based in the same city as Rovers and the other teams I mentioned.

* Actually, Shams' left back tonight was ex-UCD, as is their regular right back (injured tonight) and Kavanagh, the right winger who came on late in the match.

DVS

Must be patient
Nov 13, 2008
Yes I wanna see more of Martinez. I like that kid

Hard to evaluate that game. It reminded me when I go watch my home town play footy (Toronto FC).

SRFC-HOOP

Jul 26, 2010
Drunken means habitually drunk.

You don't say "You are drunken," (at least, that's quite odd). You say "The Exxon Valdez had a drunken captain."

UCD, my old university team (and I grew up in the area too). We tend to have a very young team - we're the de facto youth academy for the league*. We're based in the same city as Rovers and the other teams I mentioned.

* Actually, Shams' left back tonight was ex-UCD, as is their regular right back (injured tonight) and Kavanagh, the right winger who came on late in the match.
ah really you must have grown up in clonskeagh or near there ? yes thats right paddy kavanagh played for ucd but i dont think enda stevens did ?? i could be wrong though

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
Just watched the highlights...Im so happy to see Amauri looking confident and threatening. Also...Diego had options, when he went forward. Something he was lacking last season...i mean, people nearby, making runs into space. Other than this...our shooting, as a team, is understandably rusty.

With wingers, who like to get in the box, and diego behind him, Amauri could easily score 20+ this season.

Jul 28, 2010
thank you i do not understand why everybody is so angry about chanting ?? i believe all chanting is acceptable unless it is about hillsborough or some big disaster !
Everybody isn't. it's just that there have been a lot of racial abuse and other bollocks in Italy of late, which may have made people more sensitive to these things. Others are just drunk / drunken and enjoying the taste of victory, which- sadly- we have not been accustomed to lately.

Here's to the Rover faithful from the Juventus diaspora:beer: :beer: :beer:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 102)