[Europa League] Olympique Lyonnais 0-1 JUVENTUS (April 3rd 2014) (1 Viewer)

MoM

• Buffon

• Bonucci

• Chiellini

• Ogbonna

• Isla

• Marchisio

• Pogba

• Pirlo

• Asamoah

• Tevez

• Osvaldo

• Mirko

• Giovinco

Results are only viewable after voting.

GrandeGigi

Sep 18, 2012
Best to keep shape and avoid getting stretched in this one. The players look gassed recently and will struggle in an open end to end game in my opinion.
A score draw wouldn't be the worst result.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Best to keep shape and avoid getting stretched in this one. The players look gassed recently and will struggle in an open end to end game in my opinion.
that's exactly the kinda bullshit approach that kills us in play-offs... procrastinating shit for the 2nd leg

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Sitting back has been proven time after time again that it is the most successful approach to winning major trophies :agree:

GrandeGigi

Sep 18, 2012
Sitting back has been proven time after time again that it is the most successful approach to winning major trophies :agree:
Can't argue with that.
It's not my favoured approach and I wish we could go out, press high and play some aggressive, high intensity football that this team should potentially be capable of. But the fact is we have rarely done this all season (particularly in Europe) and so I can't see us pulling this off all of a sudden.

The idea may be good, but I think it would end up looking like a disorganised mess similar to the first leg against Trabzonspor and would end up giving the opponents more confidence.
If we stay solid, organised and hold possession effectively whilst not giving the opponents a sniff, this would likely demotivate them and this approach is far more likely than the one we would much prefer to see.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
If we can't take the game to Lyon B team then we're either the most overrated team in history or just tactically inept

Our defensive approach has cost the club about 30m euros from CL revenue this season. Let's not shoot ourselves in the foot again and actually take the game to a team that is worth less than Pogba

JuveSardu

Nov 27, 2013
If we can't take the game to Lyon B team then we're either the most overrated team in history or just tactically inept

Our defensive approach has cost the club about 30m euros from CL revenue this season. Let's not shoot ourselves in the foot again and actually take the game to a team that is worth less than Pogba
Tell that to conte

- - - Updated - - -

Serie a is barley a major trophy anymore

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
Mus™;4496994 said:
I think we will do fine. They have pretty big injury issues
That doesn't count for shiit. We'll still sit bad and play relaxation therapy football.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)