[Europa League] Manchester City v JUVENTUS (Sept. 30th 2010) (1 Viewer)

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
Man City called-up players: Hart, Given, Richards, Zabaleta, Kompany, K Toure, Boyata, Cunningham, Lescott, Boateng, Silva, De Jong, Y Toure, Barry, Vieira, Milner, Johnson, Tevez, Adebayor, Jo, Santa Cruz.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
Why Legro? How do you not learn from that tragic mistake of playing him against Lech Poznan? He will mark poorly and boot long balls down the field, we won't be able to rebound at all from the back as long as the ball is at his feet.

Dec 31, 2008
30 September 2010

In the Citizens’ den – 34 years later

It was a difficult start to a triumphant edition. Juventus met Manchester City on one occasion which dates back to the 1976/77 UEFA Cup, an edition which began with the two-legged encounter with the two clubs from Manchester in the round of 64 and round of 32. The bianconeri, who overcame the two English obstacles reached the final which they won against Athletic Bilbao in what was to be the first European triumph of a long series.

Against City, the match was a vibrant one and was decided by a header scored by Kidd one minute before half time. Giovanni Trapattoni, in what was his European debut with Juventus – an adventure which lasted a decade – fielded the following formation: Zoff, Cuccureddu, Gentile; Furino, Morini, Scirea; Causio, Tardelli, Bettega, Benetti, Marchetti.

Aug 1, 2003
I am so utterly pessimistic about this that I already feel like crying before the game. I REALLY hope we won't lose or even worse be humiliated - that fulham game has permanently scarred me for life.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)