[Europa League] JUVENTUS 2-1 Lyon (April 10th 2014) (10 Viewers)

MoM

• Buffon

• Caceres

• Chiellini

• Bonucci

• Asamoah

• Marchisio

• Pirlo

• Vidal

• Isla

• Tevez

• Mirko

Results are only viewable after voting.

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
Watching this game and thinking if Conte and Marotta think for CL long run Lulić, Cerci and likes are enough then they are deluded beyond explanation.
I don't think they aren't that deluded, it's just the italian papers who are trying to sell that idea and downplay Juve. Juve's situation and financial model is very different to that of the Milan clubs. Juve have the money (without having to sell any key players) and Juve will try to get some quality players. Have some faith!! we'll do better.

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
We won't get to the final, unless it's a team that's clearly better than us or a rival we go for the cakewalk. The teams in the last 4 will punish us in ways that Lyon couldn't. Same attitude on display from the CL games showing we haven't learnt a thing. We live to fight another day due to an extremely lucky goal.

napoleonic

Sep 7, 2010
10 minutes of playing properly saw Lyon step up their pace a bit and Juve became clueless. Every time an opponent runs a bit plays with a higher pace and you see us not being able to cope with the tempo, our lines become scattered and start losing the ball continuously. It happens in the league but it is more obvious in Europe because teams play their game there and it happens every time. In the second half we looked a bit more comfortable but it took a huge deflection of a goal that we really looked like going through. (I take it but will we ever learn? It is starting to look like we won't ever learn)
of course our lines became scattered, that because of the way it was set up by conte :sergio: wingbacks and CMs are told to stand much further forwards in the field when attacking so that they are out of reach from the 3 CBs and a deep lying playmaker who can't do anything but playing long balls over and over again.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
We won't get to the final, unless it's a team that's clearly better than us or a rival we go for the cakewalk. The teams in the last 4 will punish us in ways that Lyon couldn't. Same attitude on display from the CL games showing we haven't learnt a thing. We live to fight another day due to an extremely lucky goal.
We would have gone through even if Marchisio didn't score. Lyon didn't even look like scoring again.

Agree with your other points though. The teams left (besides maybe Basel if they sneak through) are all better than Lyon and WILL punish us.

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
We would have gone through even if Marchisio didn't score. Lyon didn't even look like scoring again.

Agree with your other points though. The teams left (besides maybe Basel if they sneak through) are all better than Lyon and WILL punish us.
Really? I beg to differ, Lyon were shattered from that deflection, all it would take is for them to get a lucky deflection and they're right back in it again. Strange thing luck, and we shouldn't have had to rely on it. It's even more annoying considering the team we have ect.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Other than if Valencia takes out Basel, I'm not sure we aren't the weakest team left in the semis.
No chance. Maybe our mentality is the weakest, but on paper we are still by far the stronger team left.

/in before games aren't played on paper.

- - - Updated - - -

Really? I beg to differ, Lyon were shattered from that deflection, all it would take is for them to get a lucky deflection and they're right back in it again. Strange thing luck, and we shouldn't have had to rely on it. It's even more annoying considering the team we have ect.
I dunno man. I think we had another goal in us even if Marchisio's shot didn't go in. Our goal was coming one way or another, we were extremely unlucky earlier with an Asamoah chance that their keeper saved (would have been a Tevez tap in) and that goal from the corner that was offside.

Anyway, we really do need to lift in Europe. Its been said a billion times on this forum but I highly doubt anything will change.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Definitely our main issue with this formation is how forward are our mids thru the game when building up the play. I mean, all the lines just sit there waiting for a longball from bonoob.

We crate nothing because of this, and we are super exposed to quick counters. Our formation is flawed

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
I can't wait for us to banish wing-back systems one day

Also a 3 man back line hurts my brain

Brb plays 3 defenders
Brb asks them to step up and playmake
wonders why our chance creation is so poor. :lol:

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
No chance. Maybe our mentality is the weakest, but on paper we are still by far the stronger team left.

/in before games aren't played on paper.
Agreed on paper.

But in terms of form, team play, etc., I think the pecking order is:

1. Benfica
2. Sevilla
2.5 Basel (should they survive)
3. Juve
4. Valencia

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
I can't wait for us to banish wing-back systems one day

Also a 3 man back line hurts my brain

Brb plays 3 defenders
Brb asks them to step up and playmake
wonders why our chance creation is so poor. :lol:
TBF we created at least 4-5 chances in the second half.

Asamoah's shot, Tevez' offside header, Marchisio's goal, Giovinco's shot that went sailing over…I think Vucinic crossed one in earlier and Tevez just missed.

But our play is very predictable though.

- - - Updated - - -

Agreed on paper.

But in terms of form, team play, etc., I think the pecking order is:

1. Benfica
2. Sevilla
2.5 Basel (should they survive)
3. Juve
4. Valencia
Can't disagree with you there.

That's why I hope we draw Valencia.

napoleonic

Sep 7, 2010
Definitely our main issue with this formation is how forward are our mids thru the game when building up the play. I mean, all the lines just sit there waiting for a longball from bonoob.

We crate nothing because of this, and we are super exposed to quick counters. Our formation is flawed
of course our lines became scattered, that because of the way it was set up by conte :sergio: wingbacks and CMs are told to stand much further forwards in the field when attacking so that they are out of reach from the 3 CBs and a deep lying playmaker who can't do anything but playing long balls over and over again.
that is why, also our midfield lacks movement.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)