[Europa League] JUVENTUS 1-1 fiorentina (March 13th 2014) (38 Viewers)

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
We have to go full power,full first team next week including Licht,Barza,Tevez,Pogba,and be ready to attack them all the game.
otherwise,we're out.
You speak as if you have some iota of evidence that any other outcome is possible. We have absolutely ZERO to suggest that in the past 7 months.

Wishful thinking is great, but face the reality.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
We can't counter, and we base our entire gameplan around countering

Our team collectively is slow as fk, awful at dribbling and initiating counters. What happened to the Juve of 2011? Where we tried to control every game and pressed the $#@! out off our opposition

These days unless you're a bottom 10 team, if you attack us we WILL sit back and you WILL dominate the game
And playing a sit back and defend style with Pirlo as a regista, and a 3 man defence is the most inane thing ever.

The reason Pirlo was so valuable to us that first year is because we held possession for 60-75% every single match that year.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
I actually agree.

I dislike him from the first moment I saw him on the pitch and now he's close to getting the De Ceglie status by me. What's painful is that he thinks he's really good. Conte is also at fault for forcing people to be playmakers from the back. Bonucci has decent technique so he can do it with a fuck up once a match, but Ogbonna doesn't have it at all. And he's as clumsy off the ball as Giorgio is on the ball.
:tup:

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
3 CBs, a slow Regista, strikers who can't dribble and our 2 wing-backs are pegged back in line with our 3 CBS

Us playing counter attacking football is like Barca deciding to sit back and long ball it to Messi.

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
SO, I said many times before this $#@!ing 352 does not work because we get tired easily both mentally and physically. if we had used a better formation we would have finished those chances and easily made it 2-0, 3-0.
Actually, for most of the game we were actually playing a 433 with Asamoah as left back.

I am not sure why we relax so much in games and why we look tired in the 2nd half. So many times, when I watch Juve play, I always think: "Are we being lazy after being ahead, or are we genuinely tired - did Conte's demanding training actually have the reverse effect?"...or sometimes: "I feel we have another gear we can use if we really need to".

Juve, this season, is not used to chasing games - we always tend to score early and sit on the lead. Fortunately, the level in Serie A is so poor and the mentality so weird, that opposing teams are still trying to play on the counter with us even when they are 1-0 down and they don't offer much going forward and we were able to grind results.

Ironically, even though we are dominating the league so much more this year, I still feel the best Juve was the one in the 1st Conte season. There was real passion in the team and that carried over to Europe somewhat in the following season.

I can't help but think that Juve just knows how to grind out results domestically but forget how to play proper football.

That Gomez goal, reminds me of what the top European teams would do to us in the Champions League - you just need half a chance with a quality striker and you are punished.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Why is that all big teams play their strongest squad weekin week out yet Juve must give our reserves playing time. In Europe. What a subfriendly club.
That, and also why is that all big clubs DON'T give all the possession to the opponents and defend when they take the lead, but we do exactly that?

Sjaban

Dec 29, 2012
We can't counter, and we base our entire gameplan around countering

Our team collectively is slow as fk, awful at dribbling and initiating counters. What happened to the Juve of 2011? Where we tried to control every game and pressed the $#@! out off our opposition

These days unless you're a bottom 10 team, if you attack us we WILL sit back and you WILL dominate the game

This

Jul 20, 2012
So what did this game consist of?

-Gaining the lead early and defending as if we were catania or some shit.
-Lose passes all over the place.(Ex.Vidal,Pirlo)
-Being pressed and continuing to play out from the back. Why is it that when any team presses us back into our own box, we continue to play short passes through the defense and to pirlo?
-Not being able to retain possession nor hold the ball up.
-Besides the first 20mins, we had no space to operate on the flanks.
-Defence was a mess.
-Poor Subs.

It is really just a repeating occurrence within this team. We should have been up 3-0 by the 20th minute and yet, what do we do? We invite pressure and then fuck ourselves over.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Buffon: "Naturally there are regrets, as we thought that we could take the 1-0 home the same way we had done on Sunday in Serie A.”

It's bloody obvious that at half time Conte told the players that 1:0 is a good result and the main goal is not to concede. He probably told them it's more important not to concede than to score one more. It's this Italian mentality that simply doesn't work anymore when the main stars aren't in serie A and you're a coach of an Italian team.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
We repeat our mistakes on almost a weekly basis

I'll say it again, we've dominated Serie A because teams see 'Juve' on the fixture list and refuse to step out of their own halves in fear.
If a team really gets at us, no matter how average they are, we are helpless and resign to playing 5-3-2.

- - - Updated - - -

Buffon: "Naturally there are regrets, as we thought that we could take the 1-0 home the same way we had done on Sunday in Serie A.”

It's bloody obvious that at half time Conte told the players that 1:0 is a good result and the main goal is not to concede. He probably told them it's more important not to concede than to score one more. It's this Italian mentality that simply doesn't work anymore when the main stars aren't in serie A and you're a coach of an Italian team.
FUCK THIS FUCKING DISGUSTING MENTALITY.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Pirlo was not playing in the second half. you cant play with 10 men especially when 3 of them are CBs and 1 is a limited wingback.

You cant count on Vidal/Pogba or Tevez/Llorente saving our ass every time. if you want to score goals you need players that can create something other than the goalscorers we have.

And yeah. Chiellini man of the match

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
Again I can not understand why we dont field our best team? I cant.And what is that plague which yakes us to defend in every game no matter if we are at home or away and no matter who we are playing against after we score.So we rotate?Now we will give all our effort before their full stadium ,maybe with some injuries and we will be eliminated.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004

Coward

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 38)