[Europa League] JUVENTUS 1-1 fiorentina (March 13th 2014) (36 Viewers)

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
It's not even a long-winded, complex problem....

We simply go out to games too defensive minded. And we try and protect 1-0 leads at home against inferior opposition

Either Conte learns from his mistakes (He really should, considering this is the same gameplan that's failed us 95% of the time we try it)

OR

We'll be like Celtic & co, dominating a weak domestic league and getting embarrassed in Europe.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Awful performance

Thrown away home advantage by trying to defend a 1-0 lead. We should have gone all out to end the tie today, now we face an uphill battle to get through and given our performances against Fiorentina this season I have doubts.

Asamoah and Chiellini were excellent.

Pirlo was poor, Borja Valero had a superb game for them.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
When was our last good 90 minute display, besides Trabzonspor away (which I don't count as they are equivalent to a Serie B side)? Chievo 3-1? No. Inter 3-1 maybe? Even in those matches we sat back once we were up a couple goals. I'd love to see some kind of ruthless mentality in the 2nd half when leading, rather than sitting back on a 1-2 goal lead, and ceding all possession and territorial advantage.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Pussy tactics and wrong approach sees again suffering in cup competitions. Conte has big problems in imposing his game when it comes to knock out games and there is no other excuse than cowardice. Defending a one goal lead from the 15th minute has very rarely worked and the way we defended today was even worse as we were just comfortable thinking that the entire tie was sealed with that goal. Disgusting, I have no other description.

Buffon 6

Caceres 6
Ogbonna 5.5
Chiellini 6

Isla 5.5
Vidal 6.5
Pirlo 6
Marchisio 5.5
Asamoah 6

Osvaldo 5
Giovinco 5.5

Llorente 5.5
Pogba 5
Padoin N.R

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Conte in Europe is a story of its own. The man is simply clueless. The only one he outsmarts with his tactics and thinking is himself.

It was pathetic how Ogbonna and Chiellini were the playmakers for good 10 minutes, while all of Marchisio, Pirlo, Pogba and Vidal were on the pitch.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
They wanted it more, we didnt, we are the better team, we had the game and the qualification bugged and we blew it!
The away goal has disqualified us, but it was not just an unfortunate incident that couldnt been avoided...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 36)