[Europa League] Fulham 4-1 JUVENTUS (March 18th 2010) (69 Viewers)

NitK

Jul 22, 2008
FUCK...I did not realize that Manninger was properly dead for this game. That makes things very different indeed. Especially with Chiellini definitely OUT????And Legro injured and suspended. If only we had Ariuado eh?

Zebina can do OK in the middle, but he is hardly match sharp. Grygera, I hope, WILL NOT do us the dishonour of two shocking games in a row.

Our defensive line is looking worse than I have ever seen it before.

CHimenti
Grygera Zebina Cannavaro Grosso/De Ceglie

Our of the two, Grosso is definitely more reliable defensively. Which isn't saying he is a great left back, or even a competent left back, just better than de ceglie...whose only advantage is pace and determination. a HUGE amount of responsiblity rests on Cannavaro's shoulders, and also the midfield, to keep possession. And to do something with possession. Because with such a flimsy defence, we cannot afford, at any cost, to sit back and try to defend our lead, because by halftime we will be 4 down, not just 2.

I will be praying that we get an away goal. As this is looking increasingly like another defeat. It will be the first true test of how well Zach has managed to revitalize the spirit in the team as a whole...Because more than ever before in his short tenure, SPirit and Discipline are needed more than anything else.
Canna worked his ass off in the first leg, IMO. Hopefully he can do the same again this time around.

Buy on AliExpress.com

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Ariaudo for the love of God, anyone, move Poulsen back but not Grygera.
Ariaudo was loaned out.

Poulsen in CB would be choice and I would play these:

Some Goalkeeper
Zebina Poulsen Cannavaro De Ceglie
Sissoko Marchisio Candreva
Diego
Trezeguet Del Piero​

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
Ariaudo was loaned out.

Some Goalkeeper
Diego
Trezeguet Del Piero​
That's the best possible formation we could have...but I'd start Grosso over DC in this match...

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Yeah, isn't it great that we have 2 equally good LB's? Virtually no difference in quality between the starter & the benched sub, I think a lot of teams would kill for that.

C4ISR

Dec 18, 2005
It's going to be an uphill battle with Chimenti in nets. They can threaten him from anywhere. Yesterday was his 1st professional match in 2 seasons (I think), and that's for a reason.

We need to close down space and prevent any longshots b/c Chimenti will surely be frozen to the spot and/or give up a horrible rebound.

More importantly, we can't sit back and let them attack. Our makeshift defense will cave under non stop pressure.

May 4, 2004
Ariaudo was loaned out.

Some Goalkeeper
Diego
Trezeguet Del Piero​
Me like.. But Grosso insted of DC.. I know they both suck, but DC sucks and he's STUPID!

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Not really sure why people want us to play with two upfront. Without Buffon, Manninger, Chiellini and Legrottaglie I'd definitely play the 4-3-2-1.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 69)