[Europa League] Benfica 2-1 JUVENTUS (April 24th 2014) (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mister

Apr 4, 2014
from what ive seen this week in the CL, these teams are not much better than us. id say Sanchez and Coentrao? and we are CL semifinalist...
Id say more than any player first thing we need is some lady luck on our side in europe . Based on our performances we should not have been out of cl grp and should have definitely not lost lost night.

Powis

Dec 9, 2009
Normal circumstances? We didn't use the most important position in our tactic, we put a "10" playing as defensive midfielder, our magician, Gaitan, didn't play, Silvio didn't play, you don't understand that? We played withour 4 first team players, put André Gomes as defensive mid It's like put Giovinco in Pirlo place... What makes me think of it? We're not worst than Juve, and if we play what we know, we have conditions to kick your ass at your own stadium.
What about Gaitan and Silvio, will they be able to make it for the next game?

@Silva_Grohl

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
People who talk about 'lady luck' disgust me. How many times did we hear that already? Almost every game in Europe ends up with this excuse along with 'blunders'. FFS grow a pair and admit we were not good enough. When you don't finish your chances it has nothing to do with luck. How come the same 'lady luck' is on our side in Serie A where we smash everyone on our way to the title?

You could talk about luck when you get away with a PK not given to you opponent or when you score from an offside. When you're not good enough you're simply not.

Kudos to Benfica. They're deadly at counter attacks. Some of those were really impressive. I wish Juve had that ability it would be really helpful.

Mister

Apr 4, 2014
People who talk about 'lady luck' disgust me. How many times did we hear that already? Almost every game in Europe ends up with this excuse along with 'blunders'. FFS grow a pair and admit we were not good enough. When you don't finish your chances it has nothing to do with luck. How come the same 'lady luck' is on our side in Serie A where we smash everyone on our way to the title?

You could talk about luck when you get away with a PK not given to you opponent or when you score from an offside. When you're not good enough you're simply not.

Kudos to Benfica. They're deadly at counter attacks. Some of those were really impressive. I wish Juve had that ability it would be really helpful.
Your taking the word luck in literal terms...in sporting terms means have things to fall your way.
We were good enough to create chances but we dint take them , our defense wasnt that bad other than the mistake by bonucci , so what is the reason for this loss ?.
How can you say we were not good enough , you can say we dint take our chances and got punished for it.
When we play bad you can clearly see it , last night that was not the case at all a, far from it .

calmyournerves

▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐
Feb 18, 2012

This, thank you!

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012

Very true.And nobody is calling that is "lady Luck" when Llorente scored against Udinese in 92 minute and many other occasions?Just not good enough last night.

Mister

Apr 4, 2014
What "chances" did we create exactly? The 5 shots on the goal?
I expect more from a team like we have.
If you expect more you are over estimating.....compare the attacks of the top teams in europe , you will have more realistic expectations.

- - - Updated - - -

But we don't complain about luck when it favours us.
Why would anyone complaing about good luck ?
Its like you when buy lottery and you win it will you complain ?

- - - Updated - - -

Very true.And nobody is calling that is "lady Luck" when Llorente scored against Udinese in 92 minute and many other occasions?Just not good enough last night.
We dominated again had over 65% possession , its not like we were sleeping thru out the game , woke up at 90th min and scored .
Its easy to differentiate between a deserving / undeserving ,lucky / unlucky / or fortunate / unfortunate .....victory
Same meaning different terms thats all.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Instead of putting efford and thinking in figuring out what went wrong, lets do this the peasant way :

"we are not good enough"

There. Nice and easy. We need a couple of world class wingers and everything is allright.

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
Why don't some of you just stop getting carried away and just chill the fuck out. Moaning bunch or what, give it a rest.

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
Soo easy.See I never thought that would be so easy."Just world class wingers and everything is allright".Just that.Simple and precise.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Even if the score remained 1-1, you could bet your last penny that we'd play for a draw at home hoping to take what ever little chances we would create. It makes the tie the more interesting. The way I like it, going out and actually having a go and deservedly reaching that Final.
we got this! LETS FUCK EM UP!!!

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
If you expect more you are over estimating.....compare the attacks of the top teams in europe , you will have more realistic expectations.

- - - Updated - - -

/ undeserving ,lucky / unlucky / or fortunate / unfortunate .....victory
Same meaning different terms thats all.
Why would anyone complaing about good luck ?
Its like you when buy lottery and you win it will you complain ?
- - - Updated - - -

We dominated again had over 65% possession , its not like we were sleeping thru out the game , woke up at 90th min and scored .
Its easy to differentiate between a deserv

Yesterday game has nothing in common with luck.If we werent lucky we will scored 4 instead of 2 goals for example.Bad luck is not making a 2 chances,real chances whole game and putting one goal.Possesion does not have anything with that.Bayern before two days had 67% versus 23% Real.And Real wins.Was Bayern better?Absolutely noting

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
Your taking the word luck in literal terms...in sporting terms means have things to fall your way.
We were good enough to create chances but we dint take them , our defense wasnt that bad other than the mistake by bonucci , so what is the reason for this loss ?.
How can you say we were not good enough , you can say we dint take our chances and got punished for it.
When we play bad you can clearly see it , last night that was not the case at all a, far from it .
What's wrong with saying the truth? If you assume our team gave their all in this match (like well paid professionals are supposed to do) then it's easy to conclude that we weren't good enough. It's better to admit it and move on instead of attacking a Benfica fan with thousands of "ifs" that many here did. Once you start to look for excuses it ends up ridiculous. For example people who hate Pep and Barca laugh at them when they say they dominated the game and should have won. Those same people bring up meaningless stats as argument to Juve vs Benfica match and it's alright.

Benfica is about our level and that's it. We aim to be much higher than that but it'd be good to realize we're not there yet and congratulate them on their win. After all they were missing 4 starters and still managed to beat us. Some here overreact over the loss in a negative way but the others will to everything to defend the team and coach so it's impossible to express an opinion.

Instead of putting efford and thinking in figuring out what went wrong, lets do this the peasant way :

"we are not good enough"

There. Nice and easy. We need a couple of world class wingers and everything is allright.
The only peasant in here is you. Most people see the problems but you don't so it's pointless to talk. Most agreed with my statement and even +rep me while you're insulting as usual. Grow up.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003

This.

Stop blaming luck and Bonucci everytime we lose. I know Bonucci is responsible for everything bad that happen to us in europe..... but man how many times we will need perfect 1-0s to win a fukin game?. Why we dont go there and try to win 3-1 everytime we can?.

This pussi mentality is what stop us from going on. Blaming luck and shids is futile . We need to man up and fukin play.

Ill demand a trashing from us in the home game. I want to fukin be in the finals... and from what i saw yesterday...we are more than capable to go thru. An elimination is unnaceptable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)