[Europa League] Benfica 2-1 JUVENTUS (April 24th 2014) (11 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrandeGigi

Sep 18, 2012
Sick of the sight of Bonucci in this back three. He is at fault for so many goals it's ridiculous.
Thought lichtsteiner was brilliant, his energy, enthusiasm and desire should be shown by more of our players.

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
Missed the first half, but in the second we showed a lot of grinta. Every player busted a gut until the last. Lots of good play going forward but a lot of it wasn't going our way. So happy for Carlitos finally getting his goal in Europe.

Huge fuckup for Benfica's second goal obviously, but what a strike it was. We got an away goal from this game and can see us winning in Torino.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
The issue is that they can hurt us on the counter when we search for the goals needed. We can't afford to sit back as I don't trust us to not concede.

Jul 20, 2012
Listening to the dutch coverage of the game.

How they praise juventus, that the loss was undeserved, that we were unlucky and how benfica basically scored their first 2 decent chances.

And how we won 17 home games in the league and are "nearly invincible at home" and how we are the team to turn the result around and progress

And how juve goes trough without efford.

Yeah, and then there are some whiny pussy's in this thread.
Yea we can win at home with the scoreline of 3-2 and still lose. This team's mentality in certain games is pathetic. Conte decides to drop off and give them space, and as soon as it happens, they score.

How do you justify that Zach?

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009

How they praise juventus, that the loss was undeserved, that we were unlucky and how benfica basically scored their first 2 decent chances.

And how we won 17 home games in the league and are "nearly invincible at home" and how we are the team to turn the result around and progress

You're a joke. I don't take you seriously now because you're as irrelevant as a fly. All of a sudden the Dutch are experts in football. :lol:

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
Also, when we play out from the back under pressure my heart skips a beat

Playing 1-2's between Buffon and Caceres for 2 minutes whilst 1-0 down and being pressed.

Of course, somebody will say "It's better than hoofing the ball up the pitch" Right?

Sure, it would be. If we didn't do all that just to give it to a wing-back who hoofs it up after 10 1-2's in the defence :lol:

OP

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #629

Playing 1-2's between Buffon and Caceres for 2 minutes whilst 1-0 down and being pressed.

Of course, somebody will say "It's better than hoofing the ball up the pitch" Right?

Sure, it would be. If we didn't do all that just to give it to a wing-back who hoofs it up after 10 1-2's in the defence :lol:
    :tup:

fredrik

Aug 7, 2011

Did they even wonder how juve ended up in el in the first place...

WΏΏdy?

Dec 23, 2005
    Aite.

I don't think this is such a bad result. Of course i would have prefered a draw or a win but we have an important away goal and 90 mins to get a 1-0 win in Turin.

Conte's only mistake today was starting Vucinic but then again if Vucinic had one of those games where he's in the mood then it could have been an awesome tactical decision.

Individual errors and 6 feet of piled shit named bonucci cost us the game.

I am fairly confident we should be able to get a hard fought win in Turin with both Vidal and Llorente/Gio/ NOT VUCINIC. If we fail to qualify for the final then of course the blame lies on Conte for not being able to cook something up.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
    The issue is that they can hurt us on the counter when we search for the goals needed. We can't afford to sit back as I don't trust us to not concede.
    :agree:

Going to be a tricky match tactically.

We need a goal but cannot push forward too much because they are excellent on the break.

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011

Troll alert

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
    Oct 2, 2013
    To think, i've been banned from the Bonucci thread for insulting him. I think we should be allowed to insult players when they insult the fans by playing like utter shit

He cost us 15M ffs.

Jul 20, 2012

You forgot the amazing long balls from Bonucci who hit absolutely no one today.

What about those multiple flicks over Benfica's back line which lead to absolutely nothing.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)