[Europa League] Benfica 2-1 JUVENTUS (April 24th 2014) (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 20, 2012
Marchisio, Licht and Pogba were running the show tonight.

Once again Bonucci fucks up and This backline makes me question why we play with a back 5 if there is no communication between them. The second goal was fucking pathetic. Awful marking on both goals.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
Watch this piece of Shit go to extra time. Let's see what we are made of next week. We go out its a wake up call again hopefully (that we need some players to improve us) looking at out bench we had no midfield options bar Padoin.

Apr 12, 2014
Hi all, I am Benfica fan.

What a bad game from Benfica, the 2nd half was just horrible.
Clearly we missed our number 6 Fejsa (Matic substitute), and maybe Salvio, Gaitan and a Ruben Amorim in good shape. But no excuses, this game was just awful, one of the worst games of the season for us.
Or maybe the players drank too must champagne on sunday party.
A draw was the fairest result.

We have a away game next sunday with porto for the league cup semi final, but I hope we can show our potential in Turim.

Jul 20, 2012
Few remarks:

- once again, Bonucci proved what an embarassment it is for Italian football and Juventus to play him in Europe. Unbelievable. Until when will Conte insist in that guy?

- Pirlo in Europe is horrible. Huge liability. Him and Bonucci should ride the bench. Field a 433 with Asa-Pogba-Vidal in the middle.

- Vucinic was Vucinic. Good build up play, no killer instinct at all. Not good enough. But I don't think any other striker would have made a difference in the end.

- Vidal absence... $#@!ing huge. We lose so much juice without this guy.

- We are not better than Benfica. Both teams are good, none is spectatular.

- We are a loooooooooooong way from being competitive in Europe. Very worrisome. Let's see if Conte will manage to take this team to the next step. Huge "if".

- Squad must really improve. Our bench was beyond $#@! today. No real options for Conte to try to change things.
You are telling me that Pogba and Marchisio werent bossing the midfield today? Honestly Vidal wouldn't have made the difference in the two fucking goals we conceded.

Amer

Feb 13, 2005
It's clear that we will win this competition if we skip over Benfica. They are a well organised team and much better then Valencia or Sevilla.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
Yeah we're playing with a back 5 with means we have an extra CB at the expense of an attacker. And that extra man if Leo fkn Bonucci. He is only good (I use the term 'good' loosely there) when there's no pressure on him in a typical serie A match where the opposition hoof it to one lone striker from their own half.

He's a liability, and does not deserve to start for us.

Jul 20, 2012

Clearly we missed our number 6 Fejsa (Matic substitute), and maybe Salvio, Gaitan and a Ruben Amorim in good shape. But no excuses, this game was just awful, one of the worst games of the season for us.

We have a away game next sunday with porto for the league cup semi final, but I hope we can show our potential in Turim.
You can go to Turim but we wont be there.

fredrik

Aug 7, 2011
There are serious mental issues with juve in europa. Its not the fucking tactics. The confidence is so low, the individual errors so many. Its not acceptable, and it really shouldnt be this way. Our players have alot of international experience so its not that. Every time juve step out for a cl/el game they look frightened. If conte cant instill confidence and better results in europa, we might as well let him go. Euro juve is pathetic

piotrr

Мodеrator
Sep 13, 2011

Congrats to your team for taking their chances :beer:

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004

Well played, draw would have been fair but that's football. With all due respect I hope you boys only visit Turin once this year and I sincerely hope you don't enjoy your time there :)

Fint

Aug 13, 2010
Caceres is our best defender at the moment in my opinion. When Barzagli is fit again I only want to see Bonucci lose his place in the starting line up

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Listening to the dutch coverage of the game.

How they praise juventus, that the loss was undeserved, that we were unlucky and how benfica basically scored their first 2 decent chances.

And how we won 17 home games in the league and are "nearly invincible at home" and how we are the team to turn the result around and progress

And how juve goes trough without efford.

Yeah, and then there are some whiny pussy's in this thread.

Jul 20, 2012
I thought Bonucci was the worst defender out there today but Chiellini and Caceres didn't exactly have the greatest games either. They worry me when in possession, and given they have the majority of the possession is also very scary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)