[EUROPA League] Ajax 1-2 JUVENTUS (Feb. 18th 2010) (1 Viewer)

Man of the Match - MoM

• Amauri

• Del Piero

• Chiellini

• Melo

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SABSAB

Snoop Stinks
Dec 10, 2008
It was a back 4 guys, not 3 from the start.

We played like this:

zebina-------------------legro-------------chiellini----------------------de ceglie

-----------------sissoko-----------melo----------------marchisio-----------------

------------------------------------Diego--------------------------------------------

--------------------amauri-------------------------del piero------------------------
:agree:

Ken

The Dutch Touch
Aug 17, 2007
Nope it was 4 all the time.
It's the same with DC as it is with Caceres: Both tend to hang out more in the midfield than they should because of moving forward. When we played Caceres-Canna-Chillini-Grosso Caceres was always 10/20 meters more forward than the rest of the defense, but it was still 4 at the back. Same happened today with DC.
When we had a 5 men midfield then why was Marchisio on the left and DC stepped on his feet the whole game? Doesn't make sense huh? That was because Marchisio started on the left of the DM 3, after getting in touch with DC all the time he switched the sides more an more during the game. He was on both sides which is not what a wingback does in 5 men midfield.
I don't quite understand what you're saying about PDC and Marchisio though. Marchisio started out wide on the right, which also points to having 4 midfielders at the start, meaning PDC on the left. Marchisio started drifting and the got in eachother's way. When Marchisio swapped sides to the left, they only got in eachother's way a few times in possession, but you could clearly see PDC's positioning was alot further back. I don't see the problem, it's pretty clear. Just because our left 'winger' is really a LB and tends to / has to fall back a bit, doesn't mean it's a 4 man defense.

But like I said to the other guy, let's agree to disagree, but in my eyes it was really obvious the intention was to play with 3 in defense up until one of the subs.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Nope it was 4 all the time.
It's the same with DC as it is with Caceres: Both tend to hang out more in the midfield than they should because of moving forward. When we played Caceres-Canna-Chillini-Grosso Caceres was always 10/20 meters more forward than the rest of the defense, but it was still 4 at the back. Same happened today with DC.
When we had a 5 men midfield then why was Marchisio on the left and DC stepped on his feet the whole game? Doesn't make sense huh? That was because Marchisio started on the left of the DM 3, after getting in touch with DC all the time he switched the sides more an more during the game. He was on both sides which is not what a wingback does in 5 men midfield.
It's pretty easy really, we had a three man defence, with De Ceglie at left midfield/left wing back, and Marchisio right midfield/right wing back. De Ceglie came back more because he is a natural defender and covered well, the problems were on the right side because Marchisio was not covering Zebina well enough and he was exposed, just look at the counter attacks from Ajax where we had the three defenders backing off. Then in the second half Grygera came in for Zebina and played right back, De Ceglie moved to left back permanently and Juve played a midfield three (four if you count Diego) with Marchisio playing in front of De Ceglie on the left and Sissoko more to the right.

Andorra85

Jul 11, 2009

We played like this:

zebina-------------------legro-------------chiellini----------------------de ceglie

-----------------sissoko-----------melo----------------marchisio-----------------

------------------------------------Diego--------------------------------------------

--------------------amauri-------------------------del piero------------------------
That was the game I saw.

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
That was because Marchisio started on the left of the DM 3, after getting in touch with DC all the time he switched the sides more an more during the game. He was on both sides which is not what a wingback does in 5 men midfield.
that is debatable ... could as well be, that the initial formation was 3-4-1-2, but since sissoko did not hold the right wing and drifted a bit more central, melo also shifted to the left which led to marchisio being granted very few space between de ceglie and melo (which played pretty central instead of half right).

SABSAB

Snoop Stinks
Dec 10, 2008
It's pretty easy really, we had a three man defence, with De Ceglie at left midfield/left wing back, and Marchisio right midfield/right wing back. De Ceglie came back more because he is a natural defender and covered well, the problems were on the right side because Marchisio was not covering Zebina well enough and he was exposed, just look at the counter attacks from Ajax where we had the three defenders backing off. Then in the second half Grygera came in for Zebina and played right back, De Ceglie moved to left back permanently and Juve played a midfield three (four if you count Diego) with Marchisio playing in front of De Ceglie on the left and Sissoko more to the right.
Where was Marchisio on the right in the beginning? Did you watch the game? Should I make you screen shots?

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007

We played like this:

That is not right, for a start Marchisio was on the right side because he was the guy in front of Zebina, as he was playing RWB.............

SABSAB

Snoop Stinks
Dec 10, 2008
I don't quite understand what you're saying about PDC and Marchisio though. Marchisio started out wide on the right, which also points to having 4 midfielders at the start, meaning PDC on the left. Marchisio started drifting and the got in eachother's way. When Marchisio swapped sides to the left, they only got in eachother's way a few times in possession, but you could clearly see PDC's positioning was alot further back. I don't see the problem, it's pretty clear. Just because our left 'winger' is really a LB and tends to / has to fall back a bit, doesn't mean it's a 4 man defense.

But like I said to the other guy, let's agree to disagree, but in my eyes it was really obvious the intention was to play with 3 in defense up until one of the subs.
Marchisio started on the left. Did you watch the game?

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
Buffon
Zebina-Legrottaglie-Chiellini
----------------------------------De Ceglie
Sissoko-Melo-Marchisio
Diego
Amauri-Del Piero​

That's how we played.
thats pretty much what it was like, but i dont think it was intended to be like that ... its just de ceglie being a headless chicken and not knowing where his place on the field is... speaking about intelligent players ;):rndh:

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
If it was a back 3 in de DF line, then did we expected Momo to play as a right winger? throw Marchiso there and give the center to Momo.
no way ... that was exactly what everybody thinking when they read the first eleven .... but then every crybaby here said "booooooh boooooh" because how can you put marchisio on the wing .... i'd say its better then sissoko on the wing ... and now look what we got.... man if you guys had to always eat your words after the game when you were wrong we would have some mad fat bitches running around here ...

perhaps they didn't shout "boooo" but "boooo-urns" ^^

Wherever he played, on the first gol it was a great cross he putted, if he can do that constantly let him be the Midfender.
yeah, great kross to the forvet !

nuuuuh,
seriously his defending could have cost us at least 3 goals today, so if you count on de ceglie he better put in 3 assists every game to outscore the opponents...

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I'll revise what I said, Marchisio played across the midfield, he wasn't strictly on the right first half. Looking at the highlights again he was both right and left, more left. Either way it was a three man defence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)