[EUROPA League] Ajax 1-2 JUVENTUS (Feb. 18th 2010) (1 Viewer)

Man of the Match - MoM

• Amauri

• Del Piero

• Chiellini

• Melo

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

C4ISR

Dec 18, 2005
I love watching Juve, I hate watching this team. Every match is an excruciating experience.

Shots – 16 to 5
Corners – 9 to 2
Possession – 63/37

There is zero intelligence in this current Juve side. We simply cannot maintain any sort of possession. All our play is panicked and ridiculed with fundamental errors no football team of this level should ever commit. Our movement is slow, our passing has absolutely zero fluidity, and our overall play is extremely predictable.

Ajax continually opened up space in our 3 man backline. This has proven to be the case every game since we switched to this idiotic formation, which plays to all of our weaknesses in defense and ignores all of our strengths in midfield.

Zac showed his true colours. Brazzo for Amauri?! I understand he wanted to defend the lead (which in the 70th min is typical Italian bullshit), but why not switch to a back four and make us more compact? You achieve exactly the same goal, but also retain the ability to counter-attack and maintain possession, which when trying to defend a lead, is an exponentially more useful tactic than continually clearing the ball back to the other team.

Were a pathetic team and did not deserve to win this match. Del Piero and Amauri, coupled with poor defending on our only real chances of the game, won us the match. We were our typical selves, and on that performance another team would have humiliated us.

SABSAB

Snoop Stinks
Dec 10, 2008
I love watching Juve, I hate watching this team. Every match is an excruciating experience.

Shots – 16 to 5
Corners – 9 to 2
Possession – 63/37

There is zero intelligence in this current Juve side. We simply cannot maintain any sort of possession. All our play is panicked and ridiculed with fundamental errors no football team of this level should ever commit. Our movement is slow, our passing has absolutely zero fluidity, and our overall play is extremely predictable.

Ajax continually opened up space in our 3 man backline. This has proven to be the case every game since we switched to this idiotic formation, which plays to all of our weaknesses in defense and ignores all of our strengths in midfield.

Lastly, Zac showed his true colours. Brazzo for Amauri?! I understand he wanted to defend the lead (which in the 70th min is typical Italian bullshit), but why not switch to a back four and make us more compact? You achieve exactly the same goal, but also retain the ability to counter-attack and maintain possession, which when trying to defend a lead, is an exponentially more useful tactic than continually clearing the ball back to the other team.

Were a pathetic team and did not deserve to win this match. Del Piero and Amauri, coupled with poor defending on our only real chances of the game, won us the match. We were our typical selves, and on that performance another team would have humiliated us.
We played with 4 at the back the whole game.

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
So its official...?

DC > Grosso
are you fucking mad ? did you even watch one minute of the game ? de ceglie was probably the most useless player having the luck that del piero kicked the ball against his left leg so it accidently bounced to amauri who headed it in ...

every other cross by him was way of target .. the ball always was aimed to far away from the goal. instead between the goal and the defenders ... he crossed it behind everyone that was looking towards the goal so they had a really easy time clearing it

Andorra85

Jul 11, 2009
Great result. We won because of luck (the one that struck the post), expirience and physical play. Alex may be the smarter player I've seen. I did not understand why we give the ball away once we have taken the lead. Solid defense dealing with that Suarez f*er, Zebina had me worried good thing he was subbed altough I would have liked to see Caceres there. A last Amauri is finding goals that were very much needed. We just need haul ass when defending the counter attack. De Ceglie for Grosso any day and the first sub should have been Gio for Diego.

Ken

The Dutch Touch
Aug 17, 2007
We started with 3 at the back. PDC dropped back alot but was stationed in midfield anyway. Chiellini constantly covered the left and you could see the amount of space given away on the right in defence, that there wasn't a 4-man line at the back.

PDC dropped back later in the game, when Marchisio was moved to the left to accomodate Sali on the right.

Jan 22, 2009
We started with 3 at the back. PDC dropped back alot but was stationed in midfield anyway. Chiellini constantly covered the left and you could see the amount of space given away on the right in defence, that there wasn't a 4-man line at the back.

PDC dropped back later in the game, when Marchisio was moved to the left to accomodate Sali on the right.
Idd. We started playing with 4 @ back after the break!

ps Van der Wiel...what a right back! Secco??

Andorra85

Jul 11, 2009
I think DeCeglie was playing in the back in the line of four, just that the kid did not returned ever when he attacked, which was almost every play, and Marchisio and Chiellini had the job of covering the back for him.

Ken

The Dutch Touch
Aug 17, 2007
I thought it was pretty obvious he was supposed to play midfield and the official line-up says 3-4-1-2 aswell. He's a LB though, not a winger, so obviously he'd drop back more than a proper winger would. Like I said, the amount of space etc only backs it up aswell.

But let's agree to disagree, and say it was somewhere in between.

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
ha ha .. that is quite funny, since according to you we get burned on the wings/full back position ... and do you smart and wise man remember where we got beaten under ciro with his interpretation of 4-3-2-1 ? .. i will help you ... we got beaten in the CENTER of defense ... know you come and tell me, what is more dangerous ... getting beaten on the wing and allowing the opponent to cross or shoot from a difficult angle or getting beaten in the middle and having constant one-on-ones against our keeper or easy shoot-in occasions against us ?

SABSAB

Snoop Stinks
Dec 10, 2008

Nope it was 4 all the time.
It's the same with DC as it is with Caceres: Both tend to hang out more in the midfield than they should because of moving forward. When we played Caceres-Canna-Chillini-Grosso Caceres was always 10/20 meters more forward than the rest of the defense, but it was still 4 at the back. Same happened today with DC.
When we had a 5 men midfield then why was Marchisio on the left and DC stepped on his feet the whole game? Doesn't make sense huh? That was because Marchisio started on the left of the DM 3, after getting in touch with DC all the time he switched the sides more an more during the game. He was on both sides which is not what a wingback does in 5 men midfield.

Paolo Sosa

Nov 11, 2005
although amauri score twice and Dp leaded the attack well, today surprise surprise Melo was the MOM IMO. in such games the team needed the extra man who could do the dirty stuff right and today it was melo. Sissoko was just lost and most of ajax attack came from him. and Melo was playing one of his better game since he joined thats why we won. i would say tha this is how we should always play in the CL or Europa cups. if we played an open game we could have been hammered today for sure.

beside the win, suarez is suspeneded for the next game :D

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008

good observation, mate !

i guess zacch could have told de ceglie in the halftime that he should play a bit deeper because he is useless upfront :p

C4ISR

Dec 18, 2005

Exactly. It was nowhere near a 4 man d, as De Ceglie and Marchisio had to support our pushes up field, leaving plenty of open space behind them.

A 4 man d would have been much tighter and Grygera/Zebina would have closed down their cutting runs from out wide 10 yards further outward.

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
It was a back 4 guys, not 3 from the start.

We played like this:

zebina-------------------legro-------------chiellini----------------------de ceglie

-----------------sissoko-----------melo----------------marchisio-----------------

------------------------------------Diego--------------------------------------------

--------------------amauri-------------------------del piero------------------------

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)