[EUROPA League] Ajax 1-2 JUVENTUS (Feb. 18th 2010) (1 Viewer)

Man of the Match - MoM

• Amauri

• Del Piero

• Chiellini

• Melo

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Yes we do we can simply play 4 at the back. Our best midfielder is finally an option (Sissoko Melo Marchisio) and we don't play it...
Not really. We seem to fail to dominate the middle with three midfielders in-case you didn't notice. We need 4 in the middle, and there's no other option than playing 3 at the back to play with 4 midfielders.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
Sissoko Melo Marchisio is a monster of a midfield. Physically it doesnt get much more dominating. We've seen it only once this season, vs inter and hey.. we won that game.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
We have no other better option but to start with 3defenders. Stop complaining.
What do you mean?

These are the called players for this match:

GK: Buffon, Manninger, Pinsoglio
DR: Caceres, Zebina, Grygera
DL: Grosso, De Ceglie
DC: Chiellini, Legrottaglie
MC: Felipe Melo, Marchisio, Sissoko
MR: Salihamidzic, Camoranesi
ML: Giovinco
AMC: Diego, Candreva
FC: Del Piero, Amauri, Trezeguet, Paolucci

The only players who won't go to Amsterdam are Cannavaro, Poulsen, Chimenti and Iaquinta.

I can think of at least 5 better formations with the available players, than a 3 men defense formation.

Or were you joking? :D

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
I'm not talking about the possible formations that we can play. I'm talking about the way we're playing. We have played all season with 3 midfielders and we failed way too many times. With 4midfielders we seem to cover well the middle and the players look closer than each others, capable of making short passes.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
I'm not talking about the possible formations that we can play. I'm talking about the way we're playing. We have played all season with 3 midfielders and we failed way too many times. With 4midfielders we seem to cover well the middle and the players look closer than each others, capable of making short passes.
But what exactly do you mean by 4 midfielders? 4 players who cover the midfield or our best 4 midfielders?
Because 2 of our 4 midfielders in Zacc's formation are De Ceglie and Caceres.

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008
Wow I never realised.

Buffon
Cáceres-Legrottaglie-Chiellini-De Ceglie
Sissoko-Melo
Camoranesi-Diego-Giovinco
Trezeguet​

It's possible to play that tonight.
It is but both Del Piero and Amauri had great games last game so I would stick with what we have at the moment. I would like to see Cacares in defence and Camo in the RM spot though.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Also, we achieved that with 4-2-3-1. To move the ball better, create and score more. We did it too with the 4-2-3-1 and it looked much better than the 4 men midfield in 3-4-1-2.

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
i say we have to win this ... our quality should be that much above theirs, that we should win this ... but sadly with all the crap happening lately we do not live in the should-country anymore ...

i am still saying ... anything less than a win is disappointing and you guys how count on a draw or something [ANDY]are just EMBRACING MEDIOCRITY and fucking IDIOTS ![/ANDY]

(man how long i wanted to write this ha ha ha)

TPSPriceless

Feb 15, 2010
Or, if you'd care not to speak out of your ass, you'd notice that he actually almost always is quite a fullback for Italy, Euro2008 being a good example. And it was two years after the world cup.
Answers it beautifully. Grosso is always a top-notch fullback with Italy... perhaps he thrives under Lippi, more than any of our current coaches? If I remember correctly, he did not perform that well for Inter, either, and was sold right after he won the World Cup 06.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)