[EUROPA League] Ajax 1-2 JUVENTUS (Feb. 18th 2010) (2 Viewers)

Man of the Match - MoM

• Amauri

• Del Piero

• Chiellini

• Melo

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Astalaro

May 7, 2008
Probable Ajax line-up:

Stekelenburg; van der Wiel, Oleguer, Vertonghen, Anita; de Zeeuw, Eyong Enoh, De Jong, Emanuelson; Pantelic, Suarez

Some good players. Stekelenburg, van der Wiel, de Zeuw and Emanuelson play for the dutch NT. Suarez is world class.

Trezegol17

Nov 1, 2006
Suarez is not world class yet, chiellini should mark him then we will be fine! Ajax is good but not better then us! Only one I fear from Ajax is demy de zeeuw but either sissoko or melo can take him out. The thing is that they work hard and play even if they are 0-1 behind, I hope we can do that too.
If we play static and no movement they can outplay us with theire quick combinations. I count on Diego to make the difference like he did with Bremen.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
How's he doing this season?
He's a sick dribbler and used to be very fast in the past.
I saw some of his goals but I don't really follow that league. I know he was very good in Germany.

On the other side, he always sucked for Serbia. He had like 2 good matches over the past 2 years. He looks like a totally different player, awful player.

So I hope we see that Pantelic.

Ken

The Dutch Touch
Aug 17, 2007
Probable Ajax line-up:

Stekelenburg; van der Wiel, Oleguer, Vertonghen, Anita; de Zeeuw, Eyong Enoh, De Jong, Emanuelson; Pantelic, Suarez

Some good players. Stekelenburg, van der Wiel, de Zeeuw and Emanuelson play for the dutch NT. Suarez is world class.
:tup:

Exactly the players we have to look out for most. Maybe next to Pantelic, but he hasn't been all that impressive if you ask me.

Stekelenburg used to be a pretty unreliable goalie, but he's been improving vastly, making fewer errors, he's really becoming quite the goalie imo.

Van der Wiel, well most of you know his story, as we've been interested in signing him before. Athletic and fast RB who likes to make runs forward, he's actually our starting RB for the NT aswell now.

De Zeeuw, an often underrated player. He was great when he was at AZ Alkmaar and he single handidly made Ajax' midfield alot better. A good passer, who is usually included in our NT but has the problem of heavy competition for his midfield position. I hope Melo / Momo can cancel him out of the game though, which would result in taking quite a bit of 'football' out of their midfield.

Emanuelson, he's the kind of player who as far as I know started out as a LB but got moved up field a bit and became a midfielder. Makes great runs forward, he's like Ajax' PDC but more skilled.

You all know about Suarez, he's the main and biggest threat in this Ajax team, no doubt about it.

Pretty fast players in that team though. Apart from the guys upfront you have Emanuelson and Van der Wiel storming down the flanks aswell. I fear for our 3 man defense.

When you look at pure quality in the squads, there really isn't any reason we should lose this game though.

Ken

The Dutch Touch
Aug 17, 2007
Just to add a bit to that fear, I even forgot to mention Rommedahl, when mentioning fast players. He's a right winger and basically... he's immensly fast, would be the fastest player on the pitch.

We're definitely screwed for pace against Ajax.

Ken

The Dutch Touch
Aug 17, 2007
Yea he used to be a midfielder, but I think he struggled quite a bit in midfield. Then he was put as LB, as there were basically no other options due to injuries if I'm not mistaken, and actually started for Ajax as LB ever since.

Not 100% sure, but that's what I heard.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
hopefully we see

--------------amauri--------------
--gio---------diego------camo/candreva
-----------sissoko-melo------------
de ceglie-chiello-legro-caceres

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)