[EUROPA League] Ajax 1-2 JUVENTUS (Feb. 18th 2010) (4 Viewers)

Man of the Match - MoM

• Amauri

• Del Piero

• Chiellini

• Melo

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TPSPriceless

Feb 15, 2010
Do Ajax play anything resembling a traditional Dutch 4-3-3 at the moment?

If they do, things could get nasty if Juve try to face up against it with a three man defence.
We have Melo who babysits the defense and rarely goes forward and then we have the ever-so hardworking Sissoko. They will shield our defense and take the sum of defenders up to 5. In addition to that we have the wingers, who aren't really attackers or defenders.

Is it just me or do you guys see 5 defenders, rather than just the 3?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Just like i said for the Italian cup as well,
once again, we got the shortest stick and we were very unfortunate to get the only team that could and will disqualify us...
We are we always so unlucky??:irritated

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
We have Melo who babysits the defense and rarely goes forward and then we have the ever-so hardworking Sissoko. They will shield our defense and take the sum of defenders up to 5. In addition to that we have the wingers, who aren't really attackers or defenders.

Is it just me or do you guys see 5 defenders, rather than just the 3?
It's not the middle that worries me.

The danger is that when Juve's wingbacks push up, they will leave space in behind for Ajax's wingers to exploit down the side of the defence.

I hate back threes/fives at the best of times, but they are an absolute nightmare against a decent 4-3-3.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
I hope that Marchisio will start instead of the long-shot-Cant-Evra.
Little OT

Hey Cron, people were asking for your photo. Since you never post in the hangover, here's the link http://www.juventuz.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7643&page=487

We expect that today and it better be fresh. Thank you for your co-operation.

:D
Once i had it in my avatar!
I dont really like my pics, i usually burn/erase them.
I dont remember me being in a pic for a while, i ll make some when i join the army...

TPSPriceless

Feb 15, 2010
It seems that Trezeguet is back for the Ajax clash, according to Juventus.com

Summoned for Ajax: Trezeguet is back
At the end of last training session, before a tactical training, then a short match, Zaccheroni issued summons for the match vs. Ajax. The good news is David Trezeguet is coming back, at his first summons after the injury suffered in Parma last January 6th. Poulsen and Iaquinta won’t be there, as they will go on with their recovering program, as well as Chimenti who is injured and Cannavaro, who will stay in Torino at precaution rest for a light sciatica. The defender will be back in the group already on Friday.
Here the complete list of summoned players:

1 Buffon
2 Caceres
3 Chiellini
4 Felipe Melo
6 Grosso
7 Salihamidzic
8 Marchisio
10 Del Piero
11 Amauri
13 Manninger
15 Zebina
16 Camoranesi
17 Trezeguet
20 Giovinco
21 Grygera
22 Sissoko
26 Candreva
27 Paolucci
28 Diego
29 De Ceglie
33 Legrottaglie
41 Pinsoglio
I doubt he will get the nod ahead of Amauri though, and rightfully so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)