Europa League 2023-24 (2 Viewers)

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
Liverpool is not as good as that barca team so definitely Juve 3-0 win.
But they won away and we were at home. This was Liverpool’s first home loss in 14 months, whereas Barca lost to PSG 4-0 a few weeks before losing to us 3-0.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Which one was better: Gasperini’s 0-3 win against Liverpool away or Allegri’s 3-0 against Barca at home? Please discuss.
both happened on the same day too:

incredible how all those know-it-all regulars in the allegri bread failed to remember this lol

btw it's very close, but juve had 32% of possession, atalanta only 30% so it's a narrow win for gasperini:allegri:

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Just one of those games. Atalanta can surprise anyone on their day, but results like that happen now and again and you need lots of things to go for you.

As an attacking team you never really know what they are going to produce. It wouldn't have surprised me before the game if they had lost 4-2 or something. Obviously we couldn't win 3-0 anywhere as we don't have 3 shots.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
leverkusen had 33 shots against west ham, of which 13 was on target lol. (btw that's probably more than jj shot on target within any calendar month since ronaldo left.) liverpool lost 3-0 at home and van dijk couldn't handle scamacca, a west ham reject. the other day the best arsenal in a decade was very lucky to collect a point at home against arguably the worst bayern in this millennium

but pl must be the strongest league, right?

banter aside, no matter how shit serie a is, they fully deserve the extra spot. some of these runs are excellent. for example fiorentina are unbeaten for 10 european games, even if it's against some lowly opposition. sarri's napoli or any lazio team would send b-teams and not take those games seriously at all. and thanks to these runs now jj might get away with one of the biggest collapses of its history

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Just watched the highlights. Atalanta should've won by 5 clear goals. Poopmeiners missed an easy 1v1 vs the keeper and Pasalic missed an open goal.

I don't think the tie is over tho. Klopp will probably field his strongest XI. Atalanta have always been a great away team and the return game is going to be a game of nerves.

Roma under De Rossi tho... What a transformation..

I don't think it's fair to call their surge in form new coach effect anymore.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Atalanta :tuttosport:

I love that clubs are starting to take this competition seriously.
Yeah Europa isn’t a joke competition anymore. It reminds me of the old UEFA cup in terms of big teams taking it seriously and it being super competitive.

I think UEFA introducing the Conference League enhanced the Europa. A lot of the shitty joke European teams play in that comp now.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Think the density of competition across Europe and points/spots incentives are also factors for this.

You will still see teams player weaker sides but there is more of a focus on doing well in it if the fixture list allows it.

Conference League is a joke.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
Yeah Europa isn’t a joke competition anymore. It reminds me of the old UEFA cup in terms of big teams taking it seriously and it being super competitive.

I think UEFA introducing the Conference League enhanced the Europa. A lot of the shitty joke European teams play in that comp now.
Tbh, I'd take that seriously too if I were one of those clubs. Makes no sense not to. Depth might cause an issue domestically but as long as you're not getting relegated, not like that part of the table has much to play for anyway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)