Europa League 2018/19 (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
it really does seem that for some reason there are almost no direct flights from London to Baku

I certainly wouldn't make that travel for the game alone, it's really long hours of flying and waiting, however exploring Azerbaijan for a ~week is definitely worth it, great country to visit
Yeah, Azerbaijan is beautiful. Mild climate, beautiful architecture, nice brunettes, almost zero crime.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Strickland

May 17, 2019
Yeah, Azerbaijan is beautiful. Mild climate, beautiful architecture, nice brunettes, almost zero crime.
I would've started with Caspian Sea, Caucasus Mountains and wine, but those are great things as well :D either way, as a tourism destination Azerbaijan >>> UK for me, brits are going a bit overboard with the shitting on the country as a whole

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
I would've started with Caspian Sea, Caucasus Mountains and wine, but those are great things as well :D either way, as a tourism destination Azerbaijan >>> UK for me, brits are going a bit overboard with the shitting on the country as a whole
UK is boring as hell IMO.

Dantes

Dec 15, 2017
If UEFA had scheduled the final for a weekend, perhaps more would have made the trip. But a Wednesday evening KO means taking virtually the entire week off work. Might as well just watch it in the pub and save the money/time for a family holiday instead.

It's not like there will be much atmosphere in an athletics stadium that's mostly corporate tickets anyway.

Jun 6, 2015
:agree: Chelsea winning is a win-win situation for us. It will hopefully make it more likely that Chelsea keeps Sarri and even if he comes here he would have at least won something.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Fans aren't going for tourism, it's to watch their team play a European cup final. So the lack of access to the location is the problem, doesn't matter whether it's Azerbaijan or the Moon.

Besides, it's hardly the only reason why the game shouldn't be in Baku but I'm sure you know that and also why UEFA choose games in places like this.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
Fans aren't going for tourism, it's to watch their team play a European cup final. So the lack of access to the location is the problem, doesn't matter whether it's Azerbaijan or the Moon.

Besides, it's hardly the only reason why the game shouldn't be in Baku but I'm sure you know that and also why UEFA choose games in places like this.
Regarding the game I agree, if you pick a place like Baku, probably after receiving a hefty payoff under the table, you at least have to support the logistics of fans, it's not that hard if both teams are from one country and there was almost a month between semis and finals.

My post was more about English fans going too far bashing the country, for a moment it felt like the final is taking place in a tribe in Africa that's populated by terrorists.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
If Chelsea lose this I hope they concede 5 goals so our management pick another manager and not Sarri - Put that aside I`ll cheer for my former 2nd favorite club (until the Oligarchs took control)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)