Europa League 2018/19 (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
No joke. I’m serious.
:lol:

They looked like shit in both 2-0 losses to PSG and Arsenal. And looked like shit while fluking a comeback against the ultimate choking PSG in the return leg. They haven’t played great, aside from matches against EPL minnows (where they have admittedly looked very good). They may fluke their way to more good results, but it’s hardly something to expect or fear.

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
:lol:

They looked like shit in both 2-0 losses to PSG and Arsenal. And looked like shit while fluking a comeback against the ultimate choking PSG in the return leg. They haven’t played great, aside from matches against EPL minnows (where they have admittedly looked very good). They may fluke their way to more good results, but it’s hardly something to expect or fear.
So what? We have been pretty shit in almost every game for the past two months too. One world class amazing game doesn’t change that for me. I want us to play like this for the remaining games. But I’m still not quite sure if we already peaked or not (thought so before home game against Atletico).

United keep winning and not only against PL minnows.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
That's a pretty bold call.
What is? That we shouldn’t fear ManU or expect them to play in the CL final? How exactly is that bold?

People on this forum expect CL or bust and we should fear ManU? Lol

Any team left could make CL final, but aside from Porto and Ajax, United is the weakest team left, and wouldn’t be favoured against any of Juve, Barca, City, Pool. Maybe Spurs would be 50/50.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
What is? That we shouldn’t fear ManU or expect them to play in the CL final? How exactly is that bold?

People on this forum expect CL or bust and we should fear ManU? Lol

Any team left could make CL final, but aside from Porto and Ajax, United is the weakest team left, and wouldn’t be favoured against any of Juve, Barca, City, Pool. Maybe Spurs would be 50/50.
Nahhhh I meant that for the claim that Man U is going to be in the final, you can relax :D

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Nah. You’re way too optimistic. This is how people like Badass, Linebreak etc. act.
Wat? I'm not optimistic about us winning... but that has nothing to do with ManU. Mediocre team behind all the big teams left in CL.

I don't see us winning, because we'll choke at some point in a way that we can't come back from, like we always do.

Mar 10, 2009
They have been great in most of their games. It’s not just some freak reaction to the change from Mourinho to Solskjær. They show consistency. I can see them reach the final if they go all in on the CL.
Thank you!

Let me clarify however, I am in no means saying they're favourites or that they're better than us, but we should not rule them out as a serious contender.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
Thank you!

Let me clarify however, I am in no means saying they're favourites or that they're better than us, but we should not rule them out as a serious contender.
United is lucky af, anything can happen. Doesn't mean it's likely. There's more chance of a Barcelona or Liverpool making it

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
@Cerval @DAiDEViL @lgorTudor

From FIF:

I don't longer care about CL spot. If it's about money, what do i care about money if we end up buying shit like Candreva and Gagliardini for 25 millions each, any youngster can do exactly the same.
I'd rather be a humble team with low-budger but PLAYERS PLAYING AS WARRIORS. not like little bitches.
I'll be happy if Rubentus can't win CL. So my team from now until summer is the one who plays agains thtem in CL

Sorry ass state of Inter :lol:

When Suning bought them, they were all excited about Jiangsu being their "B team" or being able to sell their flops for big money to China... Watch Inter become Jiangsu's "B Team" :lol3:

Clamarc

Sep 26, 2018
Calling MU serious contender is just silly, yes they have the chance to make it to the final or even winning it (so are teams like Porto or Ajax) but that's a different story and it requires massive luck for them to make that achievement. Their squad is nothing special, they even played some youth players against PSG whose name so hard to spell lol

Serious contender is for team like Juve, Barca, Pool, and City. Teams with talents all over the pitch, though Juve and City might choke at some point

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Calling MU serious contender is just silly, yes they have the chance to make it to the final or even winning it (so are teams like Porto or Ajax) but that's a different story and it requires massive luck for them to make that achievement. Their squad is nothing special, they even played some youth players against PSG whose name so hard to spell lol

Serious contender is for team like Juve, Barca, Pool, and City. Teams with talents all over the pitch, though Juve and City might choke at some point
Utd isn't a serious contender at all, agreed.

But as for the highlighted part, Is there that much of a difference in squad quality between Pool and Union? Because i don't see it. Liverpool's squad, on paper, is nothing special as well, except for their front three and Virgil. They play better than Utd for sure, but "talent all over the pitch like Barca or Juventus"? Absolutely not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)