Europa League 2017/18 (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pablo

Jul 9, 2010
Everton are beyond $#@!e this season, but it’s nice to see a club of Atalanta’s stature doing well in Europe. Their fans are amazing too. What a story.
Yeah defo, fair play to the Atalanta fans. Large follwings to England is not that commomn from many Italian clubs, so that was good to see.

They look like world beaters compared to our sorry pathetic bunch.

Think thats our lowest crowd for 25 years.

- - - Updated - - -

It was mainly Eintracht Frankfurt lads apparently (who have a fan twinning thing going on with Atalanta ultras)
Would appear so, the Germans had knuckle dusters and gumshields in.....ah well, one is almost dead.

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
in terms of CL spots, it doesent matter. but its still relevant if you want to rate Serie A against other leagues and for the global image of italian football
It still matters in terms of CL spots, it's just that the first 4 leagues get 4 spots. Given the current PSG, it's possible that France comes knocking on the top 4. Right now Germany is at the highest risk.

Dox28

Aug 31, 2015
It still matters in terms of CL spots, it's just that the first 4 leagues get 4 spots. Given the current PSG, it's possible that France comes knocking on the top 4. Right now Germany is at the highest risk.
Impossible, other teams apart from PSG are very inconsistent. No way France will get in top 4 anytime soon.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
thats something i overlooked. cant see it happening in the near future, but in some 4-5 years, it might happen.

- - - Updated - - -

Impossible, other teams apart from PSG are very inconsistent. No way France will get in top 4 anytime soon.
i agree with Gigiventus here, maybe Serie A isnt in danger right now but the BL might be. their teams, other than Bayern, are inconsistent too lately

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
thats something i overlooked. cant see it happening in the near future, but in some 4-5 years, it might happen.

- - - Updated - - -

i agree with Gigiventus here, maybe Serie A isnt in danger right now but the BL might be. their teams, other than Bayern, are inconsistent too lately
BL dont have to be affraid about french league, they are to far behind and apart from PSG they are no danger. Köln also beat Arsenal yesterday it helped a little

But yes the BL is quite shit atm in Europe

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
BL dont have to be affraid about french league, they are to far behind and apart from PSG they are no danger. Köln also beat Arsenal yesterday it helped a little

But yes the BL is quite shit atm in Europe
dunno, last season France had two European elite level clubs in PSG and Monaco as well as some traditional clubs who are also well run like Lyon and Marseille. In the long run I can see them closing the gap to Bundesliga, who atm has only one European elite level club in Bayern and the rest are lacking stability a bit.

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
dunno, last season France had two European elite level clubs in PSG and Monaco as well as some traditional clubs who are also well run like Lyon and Marseille. In the long run I can see them closing the gap to Bundesliga, who atm has only one European elite level club in Bayern and the rest are lacking stability a bit.
Its up and down in football, i have no doubt BL will come back strong and keep the french behind them. Just a few years back everyone was praising the BL and it was the strongest league in the world for a little time, then the spanish took over, now the english are on the rise again and will probably start to get into finals again

Its a cyclus. If you are "worried" for the BL to get surpased by the french league, then you should be worried about Serie A as well

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Its up and down in football, i have no doubt BL will come back strong and keep the french behind them. Just a few years back everyone was praising the BL and it was the strongest league in the world for a little time, then the spanish took over, now the english are on the rise again and will probably start to get into finals again

Its a cyclus. If you are "worried" for the BL to get surpased by the french league, then you should be worried about Serie A as well
Of course it's unpredictable. I'm just saying that from the top club perspective french clubs seem well run and Ligue 1 might stake a claim at Top4 in a few years, both Bundesliga and Serie A should be looking over their shoulders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)