Europa Conference League 2023-24 (4 Viewers)

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
Thank God we aren't playing this competition. But also what we're we banned for exactly according to Uefa?
I've no idea why we are banned but I can't imagine it being any worst than anything Barca, City, Chelsea or Inter have done.

UEFA just made us their bitch.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
Thank God we aren't playing this competition. But also what we're we banned for exactly according to Uefa?
UEFA statement says we’re banned for violating our settlement agreement signed last August. But if I recall correctly according to that settlement we had to limit our losses to 60m combined for 3 seasons. How did they decided that we’re in violation one year into the agreement is beyond me.
I think we will surely violate the agreement but that should really be determined at the end of the 3 year period.
This is the settlement agreement
https://editorial.uefa.com/resource...-year_settlement_agreements_-_august_2022.pdf
And this is UEFA’s statement today
https://www.uefa.com/insideuefa/med...cludes-its-proceedings-against-juventus-and-/

Last edited:

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Same. Would have been good for the youngsters. I'd have looked forward to watching the games more than the Serie A ones for this reason.
ah, good for the youngsters. you saw miretti play twice and decided he's shit. if it was up to you he'd play for empoli next season. same for enzo and barbieri. that's the patience some juve fans have towards youngsters yet they wanted the europa league just to see the players they wanted to be sold/loaned

maxi

Aug 31, 2006
ah, good for the youngsters. you saw miretti play twice and decided he's shit. if it was up to you he'd play for empoli next season. same for enzo and barbieri. that's the patience some juve fans have towards youngsters yet they wanted the europa league just to see the players they wanted to be sold/loaned
Miretti was given plenty of opportunities and proved why he wasn't yet ready for his level. I don't doubt he has potential but Serie C to Serie A is quite a leap and a loan would guarantee him much needed playing time and experience. Players like Fagioli on the other hand have demonstrated why they deserve a place in the starting XI. The conference league would have given us a good opportunity to sift through the good ones and the ones like Miretti who may be benefitted by a move eelsewhere to develop. Next time don't put words in my mouth.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Miretti was given plenty of opportunities and proved why he wasn't yet ready for his level. I don't doubt he has potential but Serie C to Serie A is quite a leap and a loan would guarantee him much needed playing time and experience. Players like Fagioli on the other hand have demonstrated why they deserve a place in the starting XI. The conference league would have given us a good opportunity to sift through the good ones and the ones like Miretti who may be benefitted by a move eelsewhere to develop. Next time don't put words in my mouth.
fagioli is already our 13th player, you don't need the conference league to see him play. so who are those youngsters who you'd want to see, and better than miretti?

maxi

Aug 31, 2006
fagioli is already our 13th player, you don't need the conference league to see him play. so who are those youngsters who you'd want to see, and better than miretti?
No we dont, correct. Like I said, he has already consolidated himself as starter material. Miretti hasnt. He was given the chance to and he didn't impress, understandably so for the reasons I gave in my previous post. I don't understand your obsession with him.

I would like to see Huijsen, Caviglia, De Winter, Yildiz and perhaps Nonge all get their chances.

With spaces already limited in this squad, this competition could have been used merely for the sake of testing these youngsters out and making them vye for their place. It's not an important, must-win competition. I'd much rather we rested our best players for the league.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
...Serie C to Serie A is quite a leap...
...I would like to see Huijsen, Caviglia, De Winter, Yildiz and perhaps Nonge all get their chances...
some of them are not even regular serie c but primavera players. and you'd like to see them against european opponents who have everything to play for. it would take 20 minutes for tuz to call some of them shit.

also, this is like 4-5 players. the rest of the squad would have to prepare for the competition as well

i still think that our ban from the conference league is the least disappointing bad news we had to face in a while. completely useless competition for current jj

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)