Euro2004 - qualifier RETURNS (1 Viewer)

Anders

Dec 13, 2002
Norway 0-3 Spain
I watched this match. Norway never really had a chance. Spain dominated right from the kick-off. Raul scored a good goal, but the other two were ridiculous. Basma gave Vicente the second, and the clearly injured keeper Espen Johnsen was to blame on the third. He tried to make a simple clearance, but didn't connect well and hit Exteberria's head...

I'm sorry Torkel, better luck next time :) BTW, why did Espen stay on so long? He was clearly injured??? That was kinda weird.

Oh, and be aware! If you're a streaker, don't go watch Norway in action. This stupid streaker wouldn't leave the field, and Frode Olsen hunted him down, tackled him and stole his hat. :howler: That was quite funny.

Turkey 2-2 Latvia
That is a surprise! Congrats Latvia!

Netherlands 6-0 Scotland
I told you so Erik! Holland is way better and demonstrated it well in Amsterdam. I still think Holland is one of the favorites to win the tournament. Congrats dude! :thumb: :)

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
Norway were embarassing I am sorry to say, at no time did they try at all to make any impression on Spain, they just allowed Spain to do whatever they wanted and that was really very terrible from their prospective

I am not too sure about Spain though as they seem to overplay and for me the manager makes strange decisions as why he likes Exteberria , only he knows and the art of defending is lost on them but they sure are extremely technical and a joy to watch with players like Valeron, Raul, Tristan, joaquim,Torres Vicente and Reyes to name a few just a joy to watch in full flow

Holland took a very poor Scotland to the cleaners and it just shows what team selection can do, I never understood it when Dutch ppl say Ruud should be dropped as for me is the one of the best if not the best striker in the world today

Wales lost this tie for me in Russia as their reluctance to score in Russia was a huge mistake as u only do that if you are better than your opponent and even that is a risk but they are not better than Russia so I was not surprised at what happened. Also Id like to add that Hartson and Savage were embarassing tonight

Heard that Igor Tudor got sent off and well Prso did it again

Well done Latvia for qualifying for the first time in thier history and Turkey, well I guess arrogance was your undoing as not only does Turkey now believe they are a world power in football, they are still basking in the glory of what was really a very poor tournament in 2002, pity cos they have some very good players

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
++ [ originally posted by denco ] ++
Norway were embarassing I am sorry to say, at no time did they try at all to make any impression on Spain, they just allowed Spain to do whatever they wanted and that was really very terrible from their prospective

I am not too sure about Spain though as they seem to overplay and for me the manager makes strange decisions as why he likes Exteberria , only he knows and the art of defending is lost on them but they sure are extremely technical and a joy to watch with players like Valeron, Raul, Tristan, joaquim,Torres Vicente and Reyes to name a few just a joy to watch in full flow
Agreed. But I think Norway is just unable to offer anything more, especially as everything came together for Spain today. They won every ball, they set a pace Norway couldn't keep up with and the gap in technical ability, well..

Yes, Exteberria is suspect to me, I don't get why Joaquin wasn't played more. Valeron was amazing tonight btw!

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Alex ] ++

Agreed. But I think Norway is just unable to offer anything more, especially as everything came together for Spain today. They won every ball, they set a pace Norway couldn't keep up with and the gap in technical ability, well..

Yes, Exteberria is suspect to me, I don't get why Joaquin wasn't played more. Valeron was amazing tonight btw!
Norway were at home and at least they could have tried to keep the ball in the air and use their physical advantage but they didnt even do that

They started by pressing up the pitch and then abandoned that idea, they just made it too easy for Spain by letting them having the ball and trying to hit on the counter which didnt work then thier defenders started being cute and gave away silly goals

The way they play is not pretty but it is awkward and technical teams find it hard to play against but Norway did not do anything

Btw how the hell is Ronnie Jonhsen still playing international football and why are all the keepers bald?:D

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Norway were at home and at least they could have tried to keep the ball in the air and use their physical advantage but they didnt even do that

They started by pressing up the pitch and then abandoned that idea, they just made it too easy for Spain by letting them having the ball and trying to hit on the counter which didnt work then thier defenders started being cute and gave away silly goals

The way they play is not pretty but it is awkward and technical teams find it hard to play against but Norway did not do anything

Btw how the hell is Ronnie Jonhsen still playing international football and why are all the keepers bald?:D
They did try that in the 2nd half but it never amounted to anything. That bigguy Håvard Flo came out and the commies were raving about how he won every header (just about the only positive comment about Norway they could offer on the night) and you can play that way hoping to get lucky but it requires a certain amount of pressing and I don't think they were willing to take that risk at all.

Meanwhile, as I said, Spain was winning every ball, often they had two players on the spot to decide who gets it and once the Norwegian players realized Collina wasn't gonna let them get away with the fouling, they had nothing. They tried defending in long periods but it didn't work. Spain was very lively with Vicente making serious damage on the left (scored once, could have scored 3 more). I think this is what they lacked the most in the first leg, that sort of movement and hence Norway shut them down.

What are Maldini and Ferrara still doing at top clubs? When you got noone better, you let the veterans play. :)

Both the keepers as well as the coach AND his assistant. :D

Bongiovi

Jul 12, 2002
Well all I can say is

THE FUTURE IS ORANGE.......

What a game, so proud of the guys....Amsterdam is buzzin, havent got a clue where I am or in what bar but all I know is i'm so drunk.......how I will get in work tomorrow afternoon I have no idea!......

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
I was not even thinking of Johnsen's age i was thinking more of his injuries and I thought he retired from international football

I guess it would have been a great meeting of heads if the coach, his assitants, the goal keepers and Collina had a round of discussion, no hair in sight

Yes Vicente was very good but i thought Reyes was unlucky to be dropped and sometimes Vicente did dribble one time too many

Also Javi Alonso was a huge step up on Baraja as he worked better with Albeida and Salgado played very well I thought

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Yes Vicente was very good but i thought Reyes was unlucky to be dropped and sometimes Vicente did dribble one time too many

Also Javi Alonso was a huge step up on Baraja as he worked better with Albeida and Salgado played very well I thought
Yes but he was still excellent and I don't think Reyes would have done better, Vicente was awesome apart from his finishing.

Thank you, I was thinking that throughout the match. He got involved a *lot* more than Baraja did and partolled the midfield well with Albelda. As for Salgado, I realized that playing a weak opponent like Norway he can be just stellar. His limitations are mostly defensive and he wasn't exposed at all today. I think he has learnt a lot from Roberto Carlos, his work rate is fabulous and he's not bad technically either. Doesn't have the vision or vigilance to really make it happen offensively but in his moments he's very dangerous by the baseline.

Ivy

Jul 16, 2003
Holland!!!!!!

What happened in the match?? I diddn't get to watch it.

Conrats Erik and any outher Dutch/ Holland surporter i n here!

And i read that Spin played well :D :D

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by -CSD- ] ++
I cant wait to hear Erik's story on how lucky Holland was and crap..;)
Yeah, he's just being modest. We all know that deep down, he's glad that Holland showed just how much better than everyone else they can be.

Dj Juve

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Fliakis ] ++
of all the world... latvia.. ****... F U C K

:down:

ahahahahahahahha..latvia made it, and you guys screwed it up..i remember you guys being at the top of qualifying once..wonder what happened :p

;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)