Euro2004™ The teams (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Pretty much what I expected, but what in blue hell is Philippe 'most-sought-after-defender-in-the-world' Mexes not doing there!? I hope Moggi stated that he wouldn't let Mexes play in Euro 2004 because he has to get ready for Juve's next season :D

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
I guess it is a good thing that Mexes and Frey aren't in the France squad after all, and that Defoe, Beattie, Smith and Wright-Phillips were omitted from Sven's 23 man England team, because that'll make things easier for Italy.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Trapattoni names the team :D :D :D

I am so happy and I have a feeling that the cup is for Italy this year (I hope I hope I hope I hope I hope I hope I hope)

Goalkeepers
Gianluigi Buffon (Juventus)
Francesco Toldo (Inter Milan)
Angelo Peruzzi (Lazio).

Defenders
Christian Panucci (AS Roma)
Fabio Cannavaro (Inter Milan)
Alessandro Nesta (AC Milan)
Gianluca Zambrotta (Juventus)
Massimo Oddo (Lazio)
Giuseppe Favalli (Lazio)
Matteo Ferrari (Parma)
Marco Materazzi (Inter Milan).

Midfielders
Stefano Fiore (Lazio)
Mauro Camoranesi (Juventus)
Simone Perrotta (Chievo Verona)
Cristiano Zanetti (Inter Milan)
Gennaro Gattuso (AC Milan)
Andrea Pirlo (AC Milan)

Forwards
Francesco Totti (AS Roma)
Christian Vieri (Inter Milan)
Alessandro Del Piero (Juventus)
Bernardo Corradi (Lazio)
Marco Di Vaio (Juventus)
Antonio Cassano (AS Roma)

5 players from Juventus :thumb:

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
Portugal's squad

Guardametas: Ricardo (Sporting), Quim (Braga) y Moreira (Benfica).
Defensas: Paulo Ferreira (Oporto), Miguel (Benfica), Fernando Couto (Lazio), Jorge Andrade (Deportivo de la Coruña), Ricardo Carvalho (Oporto), Beto (Sporting), Rui Jorge (Sporting) y Nuno Valente (Oporto).
Centrocampistas: Costinha (Oporto), Petit (Benfica), Maniche (Oporto), Tiago (Benfica), Rui Costa (Milán) y Deco (Oporto).
Delanteros: Figo (Real Madrid), Simao (Benfica), Cristiano Ronaldo (Manchester United), Pauleta (Paris Saint-Germain), Nuno Gomes (Benfica) y Hélder Postiga (Tottenham).

I dont really think they'll get too far

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
Thats true, you never know.

But I have more faith in Italy than usual. Hopefully they'll get at least to semies

Same with Holland

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Luckily for us (Italy) either Germany, Holland, or the Czech Republic will be knocked out in the group stage.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Vilhelmas ] ++

you would think so with squad like this but in big tournaments you'll never know. relatively easy group, then one victory and bam! they're in semies.
Very good point, but I still can't see Portugal going far.

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++
Luckily for us (Italy) either Germany, Holland, or the Czech Republic will be knocked out in the group stage.
Who do you think it'll be?

I hope its Germany

OP
Slagathor

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
  • Thread Starter #58
    About time, too ;):p
    You have to excuse me there - I've been hanging on the beach with friends the whole day and when we got back to my apartment we just crashed on the balcony :cool:

Erik - What's your opinion on the squads that've been announced thus far? :)
    Most of them lay well in expectation. I still think France is the only team capable of winning this so far. No competition for them.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Erik ] ++

You have to excuse me there - I've been hanging on the beach with friends the whole day and when we got back to my apartment we just crashed on the balcony :cool:
    I wish I could've done as such but I was forced to do revision for exams and use the computer for 'research' :)D) as I was at home 'sick' ;)

Most of them lay well in expectation. I still think France is the only team capable of winning this so far. No competition for them.
    France sure as hell have a very good squad, especially in midfield, but I think they'll be vulnerable at the back with the likes of Desailly, Thuram, and Lizarazu. Santini left Mexes, Squillaci, and Evra at home because they didn't have enough experience, but his some of his defenders are very old and pace should be able to get the better of them.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)