Euro 2016 General Discussion Thread (8 Viewers)

Euro 2016 Outright Winner?

• France

• Spain

• Germany

• England

• Belgium

• Portugal

• Italy

• Croatia

• Austria

• Poland

• Switzerland

• Russia

• Turkey

• Ukraine

• Wales

• Sweden

• Ireland

• Iceland

• Czech Republic

• Romania

• Slovakia

• Northern Ireland

• Albania

• Hungary

Results are only viewable after voting.

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
I disagree with the first part, only because they ended up third doesn't mean they would have ended up third if the format had allowed for two teams to qualify. Also, only because they were lucky with the teams they faced doesn't mean they wouldn't have been able to beat better teams, they beat France after all, without Ronaldo. I agree they were lucky with the set up but it doesn't make them any less deserved imo. Winning any title at this level requires lots of determination and concentration, this was the case even with Greece so credit where it is due.
A lot of if's. It was clear by day that they didn't intend to end up as third.

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
We weren't at our best, but a strong Juve midfield had a lot to do with that. Pogba was brilliant when he had the ball, always creating danger, and he was an absolute nuissanse when they didn't have it. As a Bayern fan, I can tell you we rarely saw a team that actually managed not to be dominated in midfield by us in the Pep era, Pogba was probably the main reason why we couldn't find our usual rhythm. His pressing was exhausting for our players. Lahm had a particularly hard time in dealing with him. That was a fantastic showing in my view.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk
None of this actually opposes what I said earlier - Bayern were particularly poor from a mental-prep standpoint as they played like a team who had overlooked Juve. And things got from bad to worse rather quickly for them. Juve took advantage, or almost, thanks to their organization as a team, not because they had Pogba in their ranks.
If you are wondering which comes first - Bayern was poor because of Pogba, or Pogba looked so good because of Bayern, look at previous history for reference. The game in question is an exception when it comes to how Pogba performs on the big stage, not the rule.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
We weren't at our best, but a strong Juve midfield had a lot to do with that. Pogba was brilliant when he had the ball, always creating danger, and he was an absolute nuissanse when they didn't have it. As a Bayern fan, I can tell you we rarely saw a team that actually managed not to be dominated in midfield by us in the Pep era, Pogba was probably the main reason why we couldn't find our usual rhythm. His pressing was exhausting for our players. Lahm had a particularly hard time in dealing with him. That was a fantastic showing in my view.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk
come on man, he cant control the game the way Pirlo does as a regista or defensively the way Mascherano does as a pure DM. the guy is crap and overrated

- - - Updated - - -

Juventino[RUS];5313437 said:
Obviously Deschamps lost this match with pussy tactics, plus he was using Pogba as deep lying midfielder :sergio: you have Kante but you start Sissok :sergio:
lol, Sissoko was fantastic, Matuidi is the one that shouldnt have started this one

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
A lot of if's. It was clear by day that they didn't intend to end up as third.
I didn't say they intended to finish third, I'm saying they would have played differently if the games' format had allowed only for two teams to qualify. They might have qualified, they might have not, but only because they finished third in this format doesn't mean they would have finished third in the previous format. Their mindset and approach could have been different.

And between the two of us you are the one with too many ifs. If the format was different, if they had faced better teams..

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
Are we still dicussing who deserved to win a football game? Portugal won the tournament without help from the officials, which really should mark the end of that dicussion. Well done Portugal for winning the final without the presence of one of the all time great goalscorers on the pitch. If that doesnt speak volumes of their organisation and team spirit then nothing does. It was a shitty game, but as a juve fan I like a game where teamwork and cohesiveness beats superior individual quality.

Sendt fra min SM-N910F med Tapatalk

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Juventino[RUS];5313437 said:
Obviously Deschamps lost this match with pussy tactics, plus he was using Pogba as deep lying midfielder :sergio: you have Kante but you start Sissok :sergio:
But you start Matuidi you mean, Sissoko was MOM.

mcrae

Jun 3, 2004
Are we still dicussing who deserved to win a football game? Portugal won the tournament without help from the officials, which really should mark the end of that dicussion. Well done Portugal for winning the final without the presence of one of the all time great goalscorers on the pitch. If that doesnt speak volumes of their organisation and team spirit then nothing does. It was a $#@!ty game, but as a juve fan I like a game where teamwork and cohesiveness beats superior individual quality.

the ref was awful and did screw the French..he booked Konscielny on a handball made by Eder(!!!).That was huge because Koncielny didnt tackle him before he shot and scored.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
so may salty members here.

acmilan wit his weak trolling. and hoffenburger with his :undeserved win" comments.

so much salt, someone pass me the chips
Salt and chips? You must be the poorest guy in Canada

- - - Updated - - -

the ref was awful and did screw the French..he booked Konscielny on a handball made by Eder(!!!).That was huge because Koncielny didnt tackle him before he shot and scored.
:cry: :cry:

- - - Updated - - -

Are we still dicussing who deserved to win a football game? Portugal won the tournament without help from the officials, which really should mark the end of that dicussion. Well done Portugal for winning the final without the presence of one of the all time great goalscorers on the pitch. If that doesnt speak volumes of their organisation and team spirit then nothing does. It was a shitty game, but as a juve fan I like a game where teamwork and cohesiveness beats superior individual quality.

Always hated that douche

- - - Updated - - -

Only Canadians would apply salt to chips

lame
Seriously what the fuck was that lol

- - - Updated - - -

Did you guys see this :lol:

https://mobile.twitter.com/Benzema/status/752277983193337856

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)