Euro 2016 General Discussion Thread (7 Viewers)

Euro 2016 Outright Winner?

• France

• Spain

• Germany

• England

• Belgium

• Portugal

• Italy

• Croatia

• Austria

• Poland

• Switzerland

• Russia

• Turkey

• Ukraine

• Wales

• Sweden

• Ireland

• Iceland

• Czech Republic

• Romania

• Slovakia

• Northern Ireland

• Albania

• Hungary

Results are only viewable after voting.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
What are you talking about? Ronaldo scored two against the mighty Hungary.
It's great when people become so retarded with their hatred of a player that they ignore reality entirely.

Ronaldo scored or assisted 6 of Portugal's 9 goals in the tournament.

Rui Patricio was Portugal's best player, but Ronaldo was a close second.

Though following your logic I suppose I should say: "Patricio allowed 3 goals against mighty Hungary!"

Buy on AliExpress.com

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
You're actually right here, but you're seriously deluded.
Seven was trashing me about how i was wrong that france had gotten insane luck cause they arent a team, they are individuals that play like shit
And i should know, i'm Belgian

This france should have played 4-3-3. Made Pogba an offensive BtB with alot of freedom. Using Griezmann and Coman in wide roles and put Gignac or Giroud in the centre

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Dont wander off, we are talking about france.

I was saying that they are not playing as a team, not playing to their strenght and were shit despite a sick selection.

How do you feel about this now ? Is this france only good enough to lose to a portugal without ronaldo ?
They made mistakes in the final. They didn't before. Your criticism was wrong and unfounded, but you got lucky because they fucked up the final. Also, you have a shit attitude and you're annoying me.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Seven was trashing me about how i was wrong that france had gotten insane luck cause they arent a team, they are individuals that play like shit

This france should have played 4-3-3. Made Pogba an offensive BtB with alot of freedom. Using Griezmann and Coman in wide roles and put Gignac or Giroud in the centre
They started out with a 4-3-3, you troglodyte.

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009

daddicks 101

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
It's great when people become so retarded with their hatred of a player that they ignore reality entirely.

Ronaldo scored or assisted 6 of Portugal's 9 goals in the tournament.

Rui Patricio was Portugal's best player, but Ronaldo was a close second.

Though following your logic I suppose I should say: "Patricio allowed 3 goals against mighty Hungary!"
but Ronaldo didnt dribble past 2-3 players and lose the ball to the 4th each game, how can he be heir best player

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009

Okay, sorry. You were still wrong about Portugal.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013

Deschamps wasnt ready to bench either Matuidi or Payet though, so that limited them. Matuidi was pretty good but Pogba on that LCM free role is miles ahead. if they insisted on Payet though, should have made it a 4312 with him behind Griezmann-Giroud (or Gignac, because Giroud sucks even more than a Mexican league player)

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
but Ronaldo didnt dribble past 2-3 players and lose the ball to the 4th each game, how can he be heir best player
It's retarded at this point.

Because Sanches occasionally dribbled a couple players with some flair he's now one of the best players in the tournament, because let's disregard that pretty much every time he dribbled someone he went full retard after and lost the ball or made a terrible pass.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Okay, sorry. You were still wrong about Portugal.
I said Portugal created most chances in the groupstage of any team and that if they want that they can play pretty damn attractive.

The 5 minutes before the goal today for example, they were doing pretty nicely.

After seeing todays game, i do wonder why they never bothered with 4-3-3 ?

Eder centrally, flanked by Ronaldo and Nani in their natural roles. Sanches in that midfield with whatever 2 other players

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Deschamps wasnt ready to bench either Matuidi or Payet though, so that limited them. Matuidi was pretty good but Pogba on that LCM free role is miles ahead. if they insisted on Payet though, should have made it a 4312 with him behind Griezmann-Giroud (or Gignac, because Giroud sucks even more than a Mexican league player)
France doesnt have a trequartista, they got excellent cm's and good wingers......

....why play anything that isnt a 4-3-3 ?

They literally can play Pogba, griezman and coman in their natural role like that

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
Of course it makes the difference how a coach will exploit in the best way a player and his characteristics. Playing one of the most technically gifted and creative players on his team as deep lying defensive midfielder changes everything. First, he is burdened to destroy instead to create - two completely different animals. Second, changing the tasks destroys the player's mindset when this player does not have the required abilities to perform them in full. As talented as Pogba is he does not poses the characteristics to be a great defensive player.
you guys are getting lost in excuses for Pogba. Would be all in vain if he ends up leaving ...

Playing in a deeper position would affect Pogba's measurable stats (i.e. shots on/towards goal etc), it should not affect the mark he leaves on his team's overall play. Take for example Pirlo - leaving him deep freed him up to pull the strings. His personal stats suffered but everyone knew who the "engine" of that team was. And Pirlo is just one example of many where great players still find a way to leave their mark on a game, no matter a slight tactical adjustment here and there - and in Pogba's case, it's not as big a difference as you guys would like to believe it is.

Pogba is an immensely overrated player, especially in minds in this neck of the woods. He is a difference-accentuator, not a difference-maker. That is, if his team is so much better than the opponent that they'd win even without him, Pogba always finds a way to shine in those games with his often frivolous flair and fancy. That is, he accentuates an already existing difference, which is the case with virtually all games Juve plays in Serie A.
In games where Juve plays an equally good, well organized, or even better, opponent, Pogba goes missing on a regular basis. Not only does he fail to make a difference in big games like that, he usually shrivels on the field to the point of being a liability to his team.

So far, Pogba has been young enough for people to always find an excuse for his short comings as they usually do when they judge a young player for what he could do in the future. Soon, he will reach an age where he will be evaluated based on his actual production (especially lacking in big games, on the big stage) and not just on speculative projections.

As unpopular and painful as it may be, Juve would be smart to cash in Pogba now or next year at the latest, before other teams start catching on. Juve doesn't need Pogba to win Italy and he will not be the difference for them in the CL either. As talented as he may be, he lacks the mental aspect of greatness.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)